• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys.

I don't know if it has been said already, but there's this game called Risk of Rain.

It's a survival horde mode, It's on Greenlight, has a cute pixel style, and I want it to come to steam so you better fucking vote on it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131467288/

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

It has Singleplayer, Local Co-op, Online Co-op

Patrick Klepek did a livestream of playing it and it looks super fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-krjL3xzyN4
I think I'm starting to get tired of all these pixel art games. Could be an oversaturation of them or just that I'm a fool who doesn't understand anything; either way, I can't seem to get interested in this kind of games anymore.

jediyoshi

SR4 and PAX is really mucking my budget for the indie-pocalpyse this month. My wishlist should just be renamed sophie's choice

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a physical copy of Anno 1404. Can add it to my UPlay account to use it digitally?

I'm gonna try that when I get back.

I'm not entirely sure. CD key redemption was incorporated into the Uplay client earlier in the year so it's possible that support for pre-Uplay retail titles was also added.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm 3 cards away from a full set now but I'm not sure the prices will fall enough to buy them with money from the drops I have left. 3 cards each from Titan Attacks, SPAZ, and Ether Vapor... I must trust in market crashing...

Autofokus

Huh.
Bought those 2 steam games from the Doujin Bundle, looked into my Groupees account and see that I bought some bundle in january ('Purchased for $1.50 on January 2, 2013'), which I didn't remember. La-Mulana Steamkey + 3 Disc OST get!

The_Monk

It seems Amazon.uk will start selling digital games now. Hope they can have a Tony in there too so we can have decent deals fellow GAFfers!

FloatOn

can't think of 2 more different games

SalsaShark is slacking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelunky#Influences

Spelunky draws heavily from La-Mulana and Spelunker for its visual styling, character design, gameplay elements and general mechanics. Essentially a dungeon crawl, it also adds elements from the roguelike genre, including randomly generated levels, a lack of save points, frequent and easy death, and discovery mechanics. It draws equally from the 2D platformer genre, including real-time interactions with enemies.

I get all my facts from wikipedia.

I'll probably get Spelunky

Schtolteheim

Neo Member
I know nothing about steamplay, is that by any chance applicable to borderlands 2 as well? If so, those deals interest me, but I literally only started looking at pc game sin general a few days ago haha, so I'm a noob of sorts.

It means, you can play on PC as well as on Mac and it is applicable for borderlands 2, too.

JaseC

I know nothing about steamplay, is that by any chance applicable to borderlands 2 as well? If so, those deals interest me, but I literally only started looking at pc game sin general a few days ago haha, so I'm a noob of sorts.

If a game supports SteamPlay, it means that you buy one version of the game and receive the Mac and Linux versions also (if applicable). To answer your question: yes, Blands 2 is a SteamPlay game.

Autofokus

I'm 3 cards away from a full set now but I'm not sure the prices will fall enough to buy them with money from the drops I have left. 3 cards each from Titan Attacks, SPAZ, and Ether Vapor... I must trust in market crashing...

Which one are you trying to craft? I see you have 8/10 Cherry Tree High Comedy Club Cards, if your missing 2 should drop from my batch, you can have them from me.

HoosTrax

So Spelunky = Rogue Legacy + Terraria?

(oddly enough, for all the hype, I don't actually know much about the game beyond it appearing to be a platformer)

It means, you can play on PC as well as on Mac and it is applicable for borderlands 2, too.

If a game supports SteamPlay, it means that you buy one version of the game and receive the Mac and Linux versions also (if applicable). To answer your question: yes, Blands 2 is a SteamPlay game.

Ughhh. PC isn't even here til tomorrow and I am so in love with this shit man. How do you guys even function, I get up every day and there's been a decent deal put up somewhere for a pc game. Was thinking about far cry but since the mac codes are fine too, I might do Civ. Have never tried the series before, but hey, why not. Will wait to see what the daily deal is on steam at tea time and then will buy something.

Addnan

Instore wallet funds has saved me once again. Thank you old console games I haven't touched in a long time and had almost forgotten I owned. Spelunky and the rest will be bought tomorrow!

EDIT: Disregard this post, The guys at Nyu Media have changed their minds

Cross-posting from the Indie Bundle Thread:

PSA regarding Croixleur: If the game is Greenlight, Nyu Media won't give Steam keys to those who got it in the Groupees Doujin Bundle.

They have tweeted this:

@nyumedia said:
Sorry, no. Croixleur has the best shot at getting through Steam Greenlight & we don't want it to arrive DOA due to bundle sales.

I can understand their reasoning, but I think it's a pretty shitty move nonetheless. According to the Groupees chat, they've decided this after watching La-Mulana's lack of success, which they attribute to appearing on the Groupees Retro Bundle before its Steam release.

I'll get Cherry Comedy Club and Ether Vapor for the cards, I'm not going to lie, but I've already downvoted Croixleur on Greenlight afer having upvoted it since I first saw the game long before this bundle started.

EDIT: It looks that our very own wilflare asked them about this on Twitter, thanks dude!

Just a heads up for people who bought Croixleur in the new Groupees Bundle. It is on Greenlight and has the best chanced to be greenlit....

... and you wont get any Steamkeys, even if its greenlit. Kinda shitty, since I paid 6§ for Ether Vapor and Croixleur...

Edit: Damn. Too late.

JaseC

Cross-posting from the Indie Bundle Thread:

PSA regarding Croixleur: If the game is Greenlight, Nyu Media won't give Steam keys to those who got it in the Groupees Doujin Bundle.

They have tweeted this:

I can understand their reasoning, but I think it's a pretty shitty move nonetheless. According to the Groupees chat, they've decided this after watching La-Mulana's lack of success, which they attribute to appearing on the Groupees Retro Bundle before its Steam release.

I'll get Cherry Comedy Club and Ether Vapor for the cards, I'm not going to lie, but I've already downvoted Croixleur on Greenlight afer having upvoted it since I first saw the game long before this bundle started.

EDIT: It looks that our very own wilflare asked them about this on Twitter, thanks dude!

Is this something Playism itself has bemoaned?

Nillansan

So Spelunky = Rogue Legacy + Terraria?

(oddly enough, for all the hype, I don't actually know much about the game beyond it appearing to be a platformer)

I would say that it is closer to a mix between La Mulana and The Binding of Isaac, but yeah you should give the freeware version a spin to see for yourself as suggested by RealityExists.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Eesh, harsh.

I was disappointed by the news but honestly, the game is $0.75 in this bundle. I can't even get a candy bar or a can of soda for that much. For that little, double dipping on a Steam version is no skin off my back if it's greenlit.

I guess I can understand if people are just buying it in the hopes of +1 Steam XP and/or trading card money later though...

Knurek

Eesh, harsh.

I was disappointed by the news but honestly, the game is $0.75 in this bundle. I can't even get a candy bar or a can of soda for that much. For that little, double dipping on a Steam version is no skin off my back if it's greenlit.

I have no problems with playing the DRM free version (got the game from Indie Royale earlier), so I sure as hell will not be double dipping. I can only assume that the sentiment will be shared by majority.

The Lunar Pack developer said the same thing when the games made it to Steam, yet after awhile buyers from Indie Royale got Steam keys. The bad PR generated by this move must have been large enough to offset potential monetary gains. We should wait and see if Nyu changes their mind as well.

Nillansan

Well, if the sales numbers on Steam are underwhelming as a direct result of the bundle, there's not much they can do is there? I find it kind of strange to "punish" them for this choice. Each to their own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom