• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Wait, La-Mulana didn't sell well ? I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

It's hardly a game wtih mass appeal, La-Mulana is a difficult and obtuse game.

The high price with no early-discount,added with the fact that the game was discounted in several other outlets before it's steam release, including selling for $1 on Playsm own site, and not being feature during the sales surely didn't help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GUYS ITS TIME FOR CELEBRATION! NO GFWL FOUND ON BATMAN! http://store.steampowered.com/app/209000/

Now that it's official:

ILlPNDJ.png

Don't forget to turn the lights off on your way out, Warner.

JaseC

Who griefed greif?

I don't think anybody scoffed at assumptions that Arkham Origins would release sans GFWL. The disagreements were in relation to Grief insisting on purporting that the earlier Arkham games (and BioShock 2) were likely having GFWL surgically replaced with Steamworks based on very circumstantial evidence (evidence which has since grown to be more compelling).

Addnan

Cheapest region for batman? Russia/CIS is region locked, pretty sure anyway. £29.99 in the UK. Can't get steamprices to load.

kafiend

I don't think anybody scoffed at assumptions that Arkham Origins would release sans GFWL. The disagreements were in relation to Grief insisting on purporting that the earlier Arkham games (and BioShock 2) were likely having GFWL surgically replaced with Steamworks based on very circumstantial evidence.

I wasn't referring to the disagreements. I was more making a point that the guy didn't manage to break the news himself. I should have added a :p

JaseC

Cheapest region for batman? Russia/CIS is region locked, pretty sure anyway. £29.99 in the UK. Can't get steamprices to load.

It's not region-locked: the RU/CIS sub has no runtime restrictions, uses the same Arkham Origins app as the ROW sub, and is giftable. The game is 799 Russiabucks, which is about USD$24.

I wasn't referring to the disagreements. I was more making a point that the guy didn't manage to break the news himself. I should have added a :p

Ah, right.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I think JaseC's point still somewhat stands as Arkham Origins hasn't been a going concern since we saw the PC box art and its use of the generic PC branding over the GFW branding.

It's still nice to see, but then again we already talked about this last night in the thread.

Edit:

From 9:46 last night (Eastern):

morningbus

October 25th for all platforms, but I wouldn't rule out a Ubisoftesque delay closer to the date.

Yeah, Arkham City was set to launch on PC at the same time up until about 2 weeks before release. Then they delayed it a month.

Even though I loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, I've been screwed over by WB just one too many times to be on board for Arkham Origins at launch.

Crawl

Ubisoft and Warner are still archaic in the way they go about the PC and delay the pc version on just about all their games by about 2 weeks to 1 month. Its infuriating, rockstar also does this.

Deques

Probably the negative response and the fact that, at the time of sale, the website said you'd retroactively be given a Steam key if you bought it.
Does this mean I can potentially will get two steam keys, one from indie royale and one from groupees? Neat :)

DagsJT

It's not region-locked: the RU/CIS sub has no runtime restrictions, uses the same Arkham Origins app as the ROW sub, and is giftable. The game is 799 Russiabucks, which is about USD$24.

I'm guessing that could change closer to release though, if they add the restrictions in?

morningbus

Disgusting tweets like this one?

spmNPOM.png

Calling that tweet disgusting requires almost exactly the same amount of hyperbole as that person using the word "abusive."

Except that, on the Groupee page, the game was being sold under the pretense that you'd retroactively be given a Steam key. So people were mislead into purchasing the game and had an actual grievance.

Also, when you take into consideration that negative votes on greenlight don't really matter, it isn't even much of a threat.

Disgusting tweets like this one?

spmNPOM.png

Somehow it kinda is.

I mean they wanna be featured in a bundle with (I guess) the exposure to their greenlight-site, so people will vote for it. But then they wont offer any Steamkeys, but want the ones who already bought that Game to vote for it.

Though I think they should have at least feature that Game in a Bundle that has a higher BTA then.

Grief.exe

Anyone have Batman AC installed? They seem to be updating the public build

Edit nvm they updated local content server which is different

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So what should I get from that Doujin bundle? Cherry Tree has cards, so that's in. Croixleur looks like a nice hack n slash. What else?

Tizoc

So what should I get from that Doujin bundle? Cherry Tree has cards, so that's in. Croixleur looks like a nice hack n slash. What else?

If you like fighting games, Yatagarsu plays close to Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.
Otherwise Yousei and Class 0 are visual novels.

Nillansan

Calling that tweet disgusting requires almost exactly the same amount of hyperbole as that person using the word "abusive."

I found that tweet disgusting due to the attempt to "punish" the publisher/developer. Let's not pretend that this particular guy wouldn't have voted for the game if they did promise Steam keys from the outset.

Except that, on the Groupee page, the game was being sold under the pretense that you'd retroactively be given a Steam key. So people were mislead into purchasing the game and had an actual grievance.

Also, when you take into consideration that negative votes on greenlight don't really matter, it isn't even much of a threat.

Pardon me, but I am not sure what pretence you are referring to here? I might have missed something.

I'm scrounging for an invite to the GAF group on Steam, please... hopefully I'm not being too fussy, but I'd rather PM my ID to an admin than post it here. Thanks in advance!

JaseC

I'm guessing that could change closer to release though, if they add the restrictions in?

I'm not entirely sure on whether or not such changes affect exiting pre-purchases, but I'd wager runtime restrictions being added closer to release is unlikely.

Edit: I was going to say that I could check by installing my RU version of Dishonored, but it doesn't have the onlyallowrunincountries restriction.

morningbus

I found that tweet disgusting due to the attempt to "punish" the publisher/developer. Let's not pretend that this particular guy wouldn't have voted for the game if they did promise Steam keys from the outset.

Pardon me, but I am not sure what pretence you are referring to here? I might have missed something.

Since going up, the game has featured this icon:
HHdqyWr.png

They only said they wouldn't be honoring it via Twitter, yet they didn't remove the icon from the page.

The guy had a legit grievance, as the game was marketed -- either maliciously so or negligently so -- as providing a Steam key in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom