• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now...now I understand the thrill of the market.

Waking up and seeing that I have 8.14 while I only had 7.16 when I went to sleep is awesome

Got 25 cards left on the market, if anyone's interested

Man, the Groupees site really needs some work. Tried to create a new Groupees account using email (I try not to use social network accounts for logins if I can possibly help it), only to be told time and time again that I had an "incorrect password," which makes absolutely no sense because I'm CREATING a new account. Just in case I somehow had an account with these guys already, I used the reset password form, only to be instantly redirected to the Groupees homepage without any message, so I assumed it didn't work.

Nope. Turns out I DO have an account from back when these guys had a bundle with the band Twin Sister in 2010, and the reset password form actually worked. I like how at no point did the site bother to inform me I had a pre-existing account or that I managed to reset my password successfully. Ugh.

wilflare

I responded to @nyumedia about how bundles help with sales and even greenlight. And if a game comes with cards, it'll sell even upon release...

They responded with the following:
"@nyumedia: @wilflare Yes, it would help push bundle sales, but not make much difference to the Greenlight. It's not on Steam, so it doesn't have cards"

Sigh :/ I can somewhat understand where they are coming from but I am rather unlikely to buy the game on release knowing it has been bundled in some form before (unless I reallyreally like it)

Gah... Civ5:Brave New World. Civ5 remains one of my fav games.... But gah, at that price I guess I can wait a little more

So. Also if you bought Croixleur in the Debut 2.0 Indieroyale Bundle you wont get a key.

If you buy it directly in Desura, Gamersgate or so, you get one:

"Nyu Media: We didn't make that same commitment regarding sales through bundles"

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Please PM thanks
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare #2 -- MB-0F280FD33D98FBCA - Taken by The Super Bob
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-D460A36371774890 - Taken by Dark FaZe
Alan Wake Collector's Edition #2 -- MB-33B8568E771360F0 - Taken by qazqaNii
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-2FC820549773802E - Taken by The Wizard
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-02345FC2D5F147F2 - Taken by greendomo's ghost
Aura: Fate of the Ages #2 -- MB-5849637DA1307BC8 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Aura: Fate of the Ages -- MB-A596AFBE11DC9F8A - Taken by Dimitri2401
Awesomenauts -- MB-7D20A36A07E026D5 - Taken by throwawayname
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume DLC -- MB-F05CA1ED653E0AED - Taken by creamsugar
Back to the Future, Hector, Poker Night, Puzzle Agent 1 & 2, Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit -- MB-CEBCDFEE715B5C45 - Taken by Deques
Capsized -- MB-A91C31CA17A5D831 - Taken by Pestilence11
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-4D24406D7C90B8EF - Taken by Accent
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-3546E18282BB1179 - Taken by Knurek
eXceed 2nd: Vampire Rex #2 -- MB-8A58CF0CB0EF13CE - Taken by alr1ght
eXceed 2nd: Vampire Rex -- MB-26D5A6D4B1F35ED8 - Taken by Kifimbo
eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package #2 -- MB-279439AAF395E890 - Taken by Fireblend
eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package -- MB-7181ACA69C6E7BE2 - Taken by JawesomeJaw
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children #2 -- MB-35621A1476D30F0B - Taken by The_Monk
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children -- MB-C27088D61CBAC5E1 - Taken by amishpriest99
Hydrophobia: Prophecy #2 -- MB-7933AE7C48D12499 - Taken by Blue Ninja
Hydrophobia: Prophecy #3 -- MB-95B6DF055831D574 - Taken by Nabs
Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-F5BCDDC9B3B7E6B4 - Taken by morningbus
Intrusion 2 -- MB-D5AF6D061843DDAB - Taken by fantomena
Painkiller: Recurring Evil #2 -- MB-6741FDD888485CC9 - Taken by statham
Painkiller: Recurring Evil -- MB-9608AE44EE5DD71E - Taken by Freezard
Painkiller Redemption #2 -- MB-E3C3FA630E9A199F - Taken by intheinbetween
Painkiller Redemption #3 -- MB-D3CAAD8FCDE8A371 - Taken by Kuroyume
Painkiller Redemption #4 -- MB-1A0C6FC2B686CE48 - Taken by Eanan
Painkiller Redemption -- MB-8B771FA9BFD8C68C - Taken by dave is ok
Sacraboar #2 -- MB-7308AA9D6531A3DE - Taken by nightstorm
Sacraboar -- MB-5E42B4C8CE538053 - Taken by DexterPepper
SPAZ #2 -- MB-DB655DE3B5511E5E - Taken by chronomac
SPAZ #3 -- MB-FA643DB0F224DA10 - Taken by masterkajo
SPAZ -- MB-646C283C422DC053 - Taken by PepperJack
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-2C564E93016424AD - Taken by Miker
Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-A9C9820A502A8B7C - Taken by Xanathus
Trainz Simulator 12 and DLC #2 -- MB-6A5979F20E92AFC3 - Taken by JakeD
Trainz Simulator 12 and DLC -- MB-62F42C3213752BC0 - Taken by Fare Godmace

JakeD

Sigh :/ I can somewhat understand where they are coming from but I am rather unlikely to buy the game on release knowing it has been bundled in some form before (unless I reallyreally like it)

i find it hard to believe that the tiny amount of double-dip sales they gain from this policy would offset the bad word of mouth. i mean the last groupees bundle only sold 7k.

Acccent

wow xelios, thanks
edit: got Cherry Tree High Comedy Club! double thanks

I see a lot of people gifting Anomaly Warzone Earth, is it any good? I know nothing about that game

I am truly weak, for I broke down and bought RE: Revelaitons yesterday after not seeing it go on sale at all during the Summer sale. At least it was at a price that was significantly less than what I paid to get the 3DS version back when that came out.

Played a few minutes of Giana Sisters last night and came away mostly impressed, especially with how well (even early on) the 'sister switching' mechanic is integrated into the level design.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, nice giveaway Xelios! :D

Edit: woo! Got eXceed 3rd :D I haven't played a bullet hell shooter in a while. I used to play Touhou games in high school. THANKS!

I can understand their reasoning, but I think it's a pretty shitty move nonetheless. According to the Groupees chat, they've decided this after watching La-Mulana's lack of success, which they attribute to appearing on the Groupees Retro Bundle before its Steam release.

Wait, La-Mulana didn't sell well ? I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I responded to @nyumedia about how bundles help with sales and even greenlight. And if a game comes with cards, it'll sell even upon release...

They responded with the following:
"@nyumedia: @wilflare Yes, it would help push bundle sales, but not make much difference to the Greenlight. It's not on Steam, so it doesn't have cards"
This leads me to believe that the earlier Indie Royale bundle did not help their standing on Greenlight much. So by extension, an even smaller bundle ain't gonna do shit.

All in all, it sounds like even though Croixleur might be their "best chance", they are still very far away from being greenlit barring Valve or publisher intervention.

JakeD

so which games in the doujin bundle don't plan on giving keys if theyre greenlit? just Croixleur? because in the groupees chat, someone claiming to be from Fruitbat Factory says they will provide keys for war of the human tanks if they are greenlit

Damn, nice giveaway Xelios! :D

Edit: woo! Got eXceed 3rd :D I haven't played a bullet hell shooter in a while. I used to play Touhou games in high school. THANKS!

I feel old now.

But yeah, I've slowly been getting back into bullet hell shmups lately. Still have to check out Jamestown at some point as well.

Fireblend

Banned
I feel old now.

But yeah, I've slowly been getting back into bullet hell shmups lately. Still have to check out Jamestown at some point as well.

Heh. It was in my last high school years, if that makes you feel any better. I remember my favorite was Imperishable Night. Damn, I should get around to play that again, I remember the music was brilliant.

Edit: Damn, it was.

Jamestown is great by the way, be sure to check it out
3AQmK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom