• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Need more footage for Rebirth. Honestly there's been like next to nothing!

I would assume it is an iteration on X3 which I loved, so I am in. Plus, these guys do a ton of free support after purchase. That and the proficient mod community make me confident that I will get my money's worth.

X got announced? That is good news, we haven't heard much so far.

Here.

I approve of this. Still need to pick up the X3 box.

I have a copy of X3: TC I need to provide to Modbot. Will try to do so soon. The game is very deep and doesn't hold your hand, but it is incredibly rewarding once you get over the hump. It's like Mount & Blade single player with spaceships but with more polish, detail, and depth.

I have a copy of X3: TC I need to provide to Modbot. Will try to do so soon. The game is very deep and doesn't hold your hand, but it is incredibly rewarding once you get over the hump. It's like Mount & Blade single player with spaceships but with more polish, detail, and depth.

Picked up the X3 : TC a while box on disc, but have since lost it during various moves. Loved what I did play, should look a lot better on my desktop now.

ArjanN

He never says he's offended by it, he just mentions it as the one thing he would change about the game. It's a sexist trope and I'm sure it's ok to feel something about it, he's not making it out to be a big deal.

It's a pretty silly complaint given that you can also choose to save men or a pug dog.

Even bringing it up IMO means you're just desperately looking for something to be offended by,

Dolor

X: Rebirth just announced for November.

Rome 2 in September, new X in November. I'll be quite satiated until 2014 :).

On another note, I am a living, breathing example of how Steam sales "work". I picked up the X Superbox on a Steam sale for some ridiculously low price. No real reason to get it other than I had heard somebody on a podcast I listened to liked it. I tried it out and ended up putting more than 110 hours into the series, and now I am most likely a day 1 purchaser of the new one.

Damn your nefarious
/awesome
ways Gabe!

oipic

Should never had read the Eurogamer review of Spelunky, and definitely shouldn't have watched their let's play, nor the Daily Challenge video. Looks great! More like something I'd really enjoy than I had thought, actually.

I hope all you guys love your time with it tomorrow (well, in a few hours, I guess!), and I look forward to reading all of your impressions while downing my pre-work coffee in the morning. 'Night, peeps.

Acccent

It's a pretty silly complaint given that you can also choose to save men or a pug dog.

Even bringing it up IMO means you're just desperately looking for something to be offended by,

Why would you refuse to accept that he might actually, sincerely be slightly annoyed by it? He says the game is perfect except for this tiny detail. It's not like the damsel made it into the game by chance, it was designed and coded that way (and the dog isn't the default option either). It's just a tiny, tiny detail in an otherwise flawless game (according to the review), but I don't see why he shouldn't mention it.

Tenrius

Should never had read the Eurogamer review of Spelunky, and definitely shouldn't have watched their let's play, nor the Daily Challenge video. Looks great! More like something I'd really enjoy than I had thought, actually.

I hope all you guys love your time with it tomorrow (well, in a few hours, I guess!), and I look forward to reading all of your impressions while downing my pre-work coffee in the morning. 'Night, peeps.

Is it just me or are you being a bit too negative?

Grief.exe

On another note, I am a living, breathing example of how Steam sales "work". I picked up the X Superbox on a Steam sale for some ridiculously low price. No real reason to get it other than I had heard somebody on a podcast I listened to liked it. I tried it out and ended up putting more than 110 hours into the series, and now I am most likely a day 1 purchaser of the new one.

Damn your nefarious
/awesome
ways Gabe!

Payday 2 is another great example of this.

Put your first game into the hands of the people with cheap sales and bundles. Now the sequel is profitable well before its official release date.

Metro Last Light is another example, THQ was essentially giving 2033 away. Last Light sold significantly more copies than the first in its first few months of release.

oipic

Is it just me or are you being a bit too negative?

It's late, I'm tired, sorry! I hadn't meant it to come across that way! No, I sincerely meant that the Eurogamer review (well, all the reviews today), in addition to the infectious hype in here, now have me genuinely thinking about if/how I can purchase a copy tomorrow. I had initially thought I would be immune to the hype. :)

By the morning Aussie-time, there will be be a bunch of folks in here that will, I'm sure, have already spent a few hours with it... so I'm looking forward to reading through all of those Spelunky hours here when I wake up. Anyway, I'm rambling - hope that made some sense.

fantomena

Papers. Please is so damn awesome. Played it in 3 hours so far, good it has an endless mode, but still far from done with the story.

Can't wait for Spelunky and guacamelee later today.

Indies fucking rock!

Tenrius

It's late, I'm tired, sorry! I hadn't meant it to come across that way! No, I sincerely meant that the Eurogamer review (well, all the reviews today), in addition to the infectious hype in here, now have me genuinely thinking about if/how I can purchase a copy tomorrow. I had initially thought I would be immune to the hype. :)

By the morning Aussie-time, there will be be a bunch of folks in here that will, I'm sure, have already spent a few hours with it... so I'm looking forward to reading through all of those Spelunky hours here when I wake up. Anyway, I'm rambling - hope that made some sense.

Oh, good then! It just looked a bit fatalistic, is all.

I have been wanting to purchase Spelunky for a while now but since the game has no price or purchase button on steam i can't. What's up with that?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Boom motherfuckers

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee Gold Edition (Playable NOW but no Mutant Blobs) -- MB-256B47A1929D3167 - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom