• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think Hasbro intends to release a bunch of Dungeons & Dragons stuff in the future. The Neverwinter Nights (1) Complete sub was last updated a couple of weeks ago after a few months of nothingness and the D&D Master Collection sub (Baldur's Gate + expansion + Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion + Icewind Dale + Icewind Dale 2 + Temple of Elemental Evil + Planescape Torment) has seen a handful of updates over the past couple of months.

Turfster

Ugh, wanted to go for the Shadow achievement in Dishonored (not getting discovered) but I must have been seen somewhere... I completed the first real mission, had no allerts but somehow the ghost box wasn't checked... I have no idea where I got detected. I'm not going to start over though...

Did you kill anyone (this includes the targets, iirc you can't kill them for this one)?
I assume you didn't hear the 'chord' or see 4 ticks on a guard.

dani_dc

I never played Spelunky and I know little about it outside that it's a rogue-like platformer game.

I'm considering buying it blind today and just see how it goes.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Duke NUkem 3D Megaton Edition is the daily deal, 66% off:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225140/

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is also a deal:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225160/

So I guess the real daily deal is the Duke Nukem + Shadow Warrior pack?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18620/

I never played Spelunky and I know little about it outside that it's a rogue-like platformer game.

I'm considering buying it blind today and just see how it goes.

Just play the freeware version I linked a couple posts back. It'll give you a good idea of the game.

garath

Ugh, wanted to go for the Shadow achievement in Dishonored (not getting discovered) but I must have been seen somewhere... I completed the first real mission, had no allerts but somehow the ghost box wasn't checked... I have no idea where I got detected. I'm not going to start over though...

Same exact thing happened to me. I have no freaking clue where I got spotted. I even redid the last section thinking maybe it happened there. Oh well. I'm still trying to get ghost checkboxes for missions. It's tough.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Same exact thing happened to me. I have no freaking clue where I got spotted. I even redid the last section thinking maybe it happened there. Oh well. I'm still trying to get ghost checkboxes for missions. It's tough.

I was stumped on the first mission for quite a while too as the end-of-level report kept saying that I had killed somebody, but I know I hadn't. Ultimately I realised that the hound I was letting out of its cage was killing one of the guards in the area and this was being counted.

Did you kill anyone (this includes the targets, iirc you can't kill them for this one)?
I assume you didn't hear the 'chord' or see 4 ticks on a guard.

Yes, I did kill some guys but it were all stealth kills. I'm going for the no detection achievement, not the one where you're not detected and don't kill anyone. I assumed the ghost box was just for not being detected. Either way, I must have been spotted somewhere since I also didn't get the achievement for completing a level without being seen. [sidequest spoiler]
Do those thugs count that you have to fight for the old Lady?
The only other thing it maybe could be is that someone saw me right before I killed him with a drop kill...

Turfster

Yes, I did kill some guys but it were all stealth kills. I'm going for the no detection achievement, not the one where you're not detected and don't kill anyone. I assumed the ghost box was just for not being detected. Either way, I must have been spotted somewhere since I also didn't get the achievement for completing a level without being seen. [sidequest spoiler]
The only other thing it maybe could be is that someone saw me right before I killed him with a drop kill...
That's an option, or one of the bodies got discovered later. Also,
yes. You can ghost them, but I remember it not being easy and taking quite a few takes before I got it without that dreaded chord ;)

ArjanN

Yes the people from your spoiler count.

I was gonna buy Spelunky + Shadow Warrior but every time I try to checkout Paypal tells me I need to enable cookies in order to proceed, in either Firefox or Steam's client. What the heck, Paypal.

Gbraga

Shadow Warrior is so bought. I reckon the remastered version doesn't have the weird vertical aiming issues of the Free Version since it's not dosbox?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Humble Store Steam keys for Papers, Please are now up on your pages if you own it there. Thanks again Spin for the game.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Excited to find out what people think of Guacamelee at SteamGAF. It's probably my GOTY, next to Ni No Kuni. :)

Dolor

I think Hasbro intends to release a bunch of Dungeons & Dragons stuff in the future. The Neverwinter Nights (1) Complete sub was last updated a couple of weeks ago after a few months of nothingness and the D&D Master Collection sub (Baldur's Gate + expansion + Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion + Icewind Dale + Icewind Dale 2 + Temple of Elemental Evil + Planescape Torment) has seen a handful of updates over the past couple of months.

This is excellent news. Would really like to dip back in to BG2.

fantomena

Wow. Papers Please was for 5 minutes ago on 10th place in the best seller list on Steam, now it's on 7th place. :D

Buying Spelunky and Guacamelee in a couple of minutes. Just need to get the last card from Skulls of the Shogun.

KiDdYoNe

Okay, why everybody is SO excited about Papers, Please? Yeah, it seems fun, but just checking documents... this stuff is never gonna get me for hours.

Got myself Guacamelee, dunno why lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom