• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Okay, why everybody is SO excited about Papers, Please? Yeah, it seems fun, but just checking documents... this stuff is never gonna get me for hours.

Got myself Guacamelee, dunno why lol

I don't excactly know. I tried the free beta after GAF hyped the beta up a while ago. Was never excited about it, played the beta in a couple of minutes, was hooked. Have no idea why.

Okay, why everybody is SO excited about Papers, Please? Yeah, it seems fun, but just checking documents... this stuff is never gonna get me for hours.

You know... because its innovativ? And it criticizes rasism and other aspects. Its a one of a kind game.

Papers Please has nudity. USA BAN IT NOW!!!

Peff

ZePGwrP.jpg

Thank you based cards.

You don't get a giftable copy of Tales of Mutant Blob if you already have it, btw.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is coming to Steam on August 28th for £10/$15

XBLA Trailer

A man, clinging to life. His two sons, desperate to cure their ailing father, are left with but one option. They must set out upon a journey to find and bring back the "Water of Life" as they come to rely on one another to survive. One must be strong where the other is weak, brave where the other is fearful, they must be... Brothers.

brothers-1jpg-4805ee.jpg

brothersmsft02jpg-50eb9a.jpg

brothers-5jpg-4805f0.jpg

Daellon

Neo Member
If you are unsure that you will like it, I would start with the last one. It's got the most features and polish.

My biggest advice would be to use autopilot a lot (Ctrl+A) so as not to crash while you do other things and to download a mod for unlimited salvage insurance (allows you to save anywhere). Both of those will save you a lot of unnecessary frustration.

So if I jump in with X3: Albion Prelude, will I be completely lost or does the plot draw heavily from the previous games?

Tak3n

Banned
it is dissapointing that the GOG version worls out financial better for us in the UK

£8.69 on GOG vs the £10.79 on Steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Im so happy the Spelunky price went to 12,59€ and not 14,99€ like I thought it would. :)

Praise the Gaben!

It's Valve that insists upon having $1 = 1 Euro as the default conversion rate, so you should be thanking the devs for bothering to adjust it. :p

Here's a thread about the game. Player impressions and why it's unique/good

From one GAFfer
My God, Papers, Please could be the most harrowing thing I've played all year, and it's only in early Alpha. What a fantastic premise for a game. The things you could do with this. I'm actually tempted to make a thread for it to have more people talking about this, but I think it's too early for that yet. My father's family had a lot of problems with the [border] authorities in the GDR and ultimately fled from the GDR when he was a teenager to come to West Germany, and I also had family in Berlin who lived through the whole East/West separation, so maybe that's why the setting and idea of this hit me deeper than I thought. Fantastic pixel art, too.

I was worried that he wouldn't really take advantage of the setting and its possibilities, but after the end of the first day - I let everyone through, fuck the system - the (not yet working) stats screen came up and I've got chills as it showed "family status: wife - OK; son - OK; uncle - OK".

Chills. This thing could be something really intense.

Fireblend

Banned
Agh, I won't be able to play Spelunky until later because there's no Mac version (was hoping to play it during lunch
KuGsj.gif
). Oh well, I just gotta survive the following 5 hours I guess.

fantomena

It's Valve that insists upon having $1 = 1 Euro as the default conversion rate, so you should be thanking the devs for bothering to adjust it. :p

At least in my country it seems that the 1$=1€ has stopped. For example during the Steam summer sale I many times wnet to the US Steam store in the browser to compare dollar and EU prices and they were never the same. A game which costed 4,99$ in the US Store costed 3,49€ in the EU store.

Don't know if this has happened to all countried in Europe, but it is in Norway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems the Dream Machine Steam key I received from Cockroach last year has only entitled me to the first three chapters rather all six. Boo-urns.

nexen

Just finished Bioshock Infinite.

That ... was an incredibly good game. The first few hours I didn't get what all the fuss was about, but the last few hours absolutely rocked.

Best of the trilogy by far and one of the best games I've ever played.

So if I jump in with X3: Albion Prelude, will I be completely lost or does the plot draw heavily from the previous games?

Unless things have changed, you really aren't playing the X series for the story. It's very...loose.

I like how tf2outpost listings are relatively common in Steam threads now (not ragging on you). Good old Steam economy.

Need to get our Dunder fix somewhere. I'm still confused how the hell CK2 Collection is 3 keys....

That ... was an incredibly good game. The first few hours I didn't get what all the fuss was about, but the last few hours absolutely rocked.

dat ending. so good

Grief.exe

Spelunky and Papers, Please already in the top ten. I'm sure we will see Guac there shortly.

If I loved Binding of Isaac, but didn't enjoy the grinding aspect of Rogue Legacy, think I will love Spelunky?

Atruvius

Bought Spelunky based on that Giant Bomb Quick Look. Played the tutorial and a shop keeper went ballistic when I took a photograph of him. Seems like a really fun game.

I agree. It was a much better game in terms of story, production, gameplay. However, I do have to give Bioshock 1 the edge when it comes to atmosphere. There were levels in rapture where I was there. Overall, Infinite is my GOTY so far.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I love the whole trilogy too. Hopefully Infinite's story DLC will live up to Minerva's Den.

One of the best games? Was the Gunplay that good? Or the skills?

Just think again about the actual gameplay. Dont think about the twist at the end or the graphics or artdesign. Just about the actual GAME in this.

Eternia

it is not my listing mate....

just telling people where I got mine from for a nice saving
I know it isn't yours. I'm just commenting on how it's popping up more often now than say before cards were implemented and people pretty much ignored the market back then.

Spelunky and Papers, Please already in the top ten. I'm sure we will see Guac there shortly.

If I loved Binding of Isaac, but didn't enjoy the grinding aspect of Rogue Legacy, think I will love Spelunky?

Yes, Spelunky is phenomenal. There is no grinding aspect at all, you start from scratch every playthrough.

Already have it on XBLA, but will double dip as soon as I get home from work. Will also triple dip as soon as the Vita version releases.

KiDdYoNe

Bought Spelunky based on that Giant Bomb Quick Look. Played the tutorial and a shop keeper went ballistic when I took a photograph of him. Seems like a really fun game.

damn.

got myself on GB and there's quicks for Papers, Please and Spelunky... i hope Guacamelee is going to remain the only game i got today lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom