• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

Acquired Spelunky and Guacamelee thanks to the Steam Prison Economy (© morningbus). I'm holding off on Papers, thinking it's going to show up in a Bundle.

Used TF2 Outpost to get Spelunky and am hoping to snag Guacamelee from Dunder. 'Tis a good day.

Also will have to grab Papers, Please sometime soon since the beta was fantastic. If I can't get Guac from Dunder, I'll get Papers instead!

Salsa

also Guacamelee being just 8 hours to 100% is kinda my favorite thing about it

tired of games overstaying their welcome

Acccent

DAMN I was F5'ing the Dunder store to get either Guac or Spelunky and suddenly it went back to spreadsheet view and everything was available, I was so relieved, but then it freezed for a second and refreshed itself and then obviously everything was gone. :(

also Guacamelee being just 8 hours to 100% is kinda my favorite thing about it

tired of games overstaying their welcome

SO yes. Even 8 hours is a tad long for me

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is no question as to whether Minerva's Den is coming to Steam.

The BioShock 2 achievements reference it, there is a separate app for the entry now, they added a BioShock 2 + Minerva's Den app with purchasing options.

Just a matter of time.

It's a pity the GFWL Marketplace doesn't assign keys for DLC as I'd otherwise try to wrangle a Minerva's Den key out of 2K Support.

DagsJT

DAMN I was F5'ing the Dunder store to get either Guac or Spelunky and suddenly it went back to spreadsheet view and everything was available, I was so relieved, but then it freezed for a second and refreshed itself and then obviously everything was gone. :(

Same here.

Tc91

SO yes. Even 8 hours is a tad long for me

Same haha.

Bizzity

Too many games today! I only want to buy one, but I just can't decide!

Guacamelee, Spelunky, or Papers Please!

Should I flip a coin?

Enco

What's the deal with dunder?

Does he work in games? Does he steal keys from Gabens computer? Is he selling at a loss?

kafiend

I am in the mood for an ARPG and van helsing is tempting at that price. How does it compare to Diablo 3 and torchlight 2?

Hows Van Helsing? Looks pretty

Great!

I loved it and if it wasn't for all the other great games around at the moment I would have played it through a few times except for just the once. Lots of loot, interesting story, amusing, reasonably solid and varied game-play.

The biggest negative I came away from it with was that playing using guns all the time meant I could manipulate the enemies into choke-points and also trap them in the scenery sometimes. Made it a little too easy to cheese the game a few times.

Certainly pick it up though in my top games of the year list and worth the full price, let alone sale price.

ArjanN

Dont get blinded by pretty graphics and a good story. If you want something like that go and watch a CGI movie.

The game HAS a good story and is worth a shot just for the ending alone. But calling this one of the best games is just a bit too much. I mean if it comes down to shitty gameplay and good story we could say that Spec Ops The Line would be one of the best games too. But we dont. But Bioshock Infinite is? Just a bit too much.

Lots of people really like Spec Ops. The experience of playing a game is in how all the various elements like gameplay/graphics/sound/story all work together.

masterkajo

EWmof.gif
Just discovered the wonders of keys
p0QHO.gif

It's like Christmas (steam sale) all year round...

Got Rayman Legends and Spelunky for 7 and 5 keys each.

I don't get the keys thing. Isn't the only options to get these keys to buy them? And if so how come that some people sell them on the market for less than you have to pay in Valve's store?

Dont get blinded by pretty graphics and a good story. If you want something like that go and watch a CGI movie.

The game HAS a good story and is worth a shot just for the ending alone. But calling this one of the best games is just a bit too much. I mean if it comes down to shitty gameplay and good story we could say that Spec Ops The Line would be one of the best games too. But we dont. But Bioshock Infinite is? Just a bit too much.

This is a completely asinine statement.

It's the experience of how all the parts work together.

It's almost a repeat of an old Indie Humble bundle.

fairly certain it is, but has Prison Architect as a BTA @ $19.99

Acccent

If people are hesitating between the diabolical trio I'd say go for Papers Please. You know Guacamelee and Spelunky are gonna be super successful, and eventually you'll get them, while PP is more 'important' in the grand scheme of things I'd say but if you don't get it now you might never get hyped about it the way you are now.

What's the deal with dunder?

Does he work in games? Does he steal keys from Gabens computer? Is he selling at a loss?
He's located in or around the Russian area I believe and he said once that he only makes a few cents profit per transaction, if that. He's out to help the GAF community, not to open a business.

Bizzity

yes. a three sided coin.

Coin flipping tournament brackets it is!

Guac v Papers = Papers

Spelunky v Guac = Guac

Papers v Spenlunky =Spenlunky

It's getting tense! One loss each.

Papers v Guac = Guac!

Papers Please has been elminated!

Guac v Spelunky = Spelunky

Spelunky wins it all! and my money!

That was needlessly complicated. My apologies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
- Crazy Machines 2: Invaders from Space, 2nd Wave DLC
- Guacamelee Gold
- Electronic Super Joy
- Inquisitor DDE (once Dunder has worked through the Guac/Spelunky orders)
- Spelunky
- Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
- Super House of Dead Ninjas: True Ninja Pack DLC
- Van Helsing: Blue Blood DLC

Also, SWCR compliments my tethered copy of SWC rather nicely:

shadowowowhrzzw.jpg

Look at that beautiful, non-F2P bastard chilling with his bro.

FloatOn

post work plans consist of:

beer purchasing + drinking in excess

trying to work up the motivation to play Ys 2

actually playing spelunky instead

BorntoPlay

who buy the Immortal Action Pack and have a Batman Arkham City GOTY key to spare??? this game is still blocked for my country...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom