• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

M*A*S*H

My problem with Infinite was the racism felt incredibly tacked on. Like they just wanted to be edgy. It served very little real role.

I was very disappointed with this in particular, especially after bioshock 1. I wonder if a similar level of commentary on racism would've been considered taboo.

HoosTrax

I'm mildly surprised that Papers, Please! is selling better than Guacamelee right now. It seems like it would be a bit more niche. Then again, it's probably also well-suited to LPs.

At first I was like WHAT PRISON ARCHITECT ON A BUNDLE WHAT

but then I was like "oh, 19.99.. screw this"

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
I have a feeling a lot of people already have the other games due to the previous Humble Introversion Bundle

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm mildly surprised that Papers, Please! is selling better than Guacamelee right now. It seems like it would be a bit more niche. Then again, it's probably also well-suited to LPs.

One is a brand new game, the other one is a PSN rehash.

People prolly already bought it on PSN and are waiting for a sale.

DukeBobby

Just Papers, Please and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux for me today.

I expected Guacamelee and Spelunky to be a little cheaper than £10.79, so I'll wait until a future sale.

fantomena

I cant' control myself. I want to play all Guacamelee, Spelunky and Papers Please at the same time, but Spelunky is so damn good, addicting and beautiful.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
- Guacamelee
- Papers, Please
- Spelunky
- The first trailer for How I Live Now

Best day ever? Best day ever. ;)

AC2 is one of my favourite games of alltime, but when I HAD TO play through the DLC to get to the last mission (played on PS3) I nearly flipped out. Wasn't nec bad DLC, but why?!

Yeah, the PC version has the Battle of Forli DLC built into it as part of the campaign. Fortunately, though, it's rather short (~2 hours at most, I'd say).

Gvaz

Banned
I would hope you take all your gameplay impressions from speed run videos.

I read up on it, and it's still not my thing. Random levels? Eh. Platforming? I tolerate platforming elements, i don't look for them. weird enemies with what looks like fairly standard AI?

I dunno, it just looks like a game you speedrun. Like, I wouldn't say that about say like Zelda, because there's more to it than that.

fantomena

My 2013 top 10 GOTY list will be indie games dominated. Till now only TLOU have a 100% secure place in the list, still not sure about Tomb Raider, Metro, Bioshock etc.

Spelunky doesn't have option for full 1080p?

It does. Ther is a resolution options with 1920x1080 on it.

I always play so many different things in varying genres, across every platform so game of the year lists are usually weird for me. Plus I have an awful habit of not remembering when things actually came out.

In any case I don't tend to worry about it, so many great things come out in a given year across all the mediums so having one be the "best" is unnecessary.

1080p but not 1920x1200. Bullshit.
Learn the way of the world scum.

Kuroyume

Banned
I read up on it, and it's still not my thing. Random levels? Eh. Platforming? I tolerate platforming elements, i don't look for them. weird enemies with what looks like fairly standard AI?

I dunno, it just looks like a game you speedrun. Like, I wouldn't say that about say like Zelda, because there's more to it than that.

roll-eyes.gif

Has anyone's Steam crashed today, mine has just crashed twice completely.

The error message mentions boot strapper and my Payday 2 beta isn't downloading at all.

FloatOn

- Guacamelee
- Papers, Please
- Spelunky
- The first trailer for How I Live Now

Best day ever? Best day ever. ;)

Yeah, the PC version has the Battle of Forli DLC built into it as part of the campaign. Fortunately, though, it's rather short (~2 hours at most, I'd say).

Let me guess, a Saorise Ronan movie right?

Despite my neverending love for Spleunky(best game ever) I can't afford it. I spent way too much on the sale(50 dollars!!!! That's over three Red Lobster meals!!!1). One day my love, one day!

So i got :
Papers,Please (9€)
Guacamelee (12.50€)
Mutant Blobs Attack (Free or 7€)
Spelunky(12.50€)

Total savings : 21€ or 28€

For : 13€

Feels good man

Gbraga

false. Movie about Jase after Sawhorse files a restraining order against him

image.php

I'm safe today.

I'm tired of (and annoyed at) Spelunkey at the moment (it's still a brilliant game tho).

I'm not into the childish memes from Guacamelee.

And Papers Please sounds too political for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom