• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Just think again about the actual gameplay. Dont think about the twist at the end or the graphics or artdesign. Just about the actual GAME in this.

This doesn't make sense as those thing are all components of a video game (and the game is all those things put together). I can understand that you value gameplay above everything else, but don't expect everyone else to feel this way.

PriitV

Coin flipping tournament brackets it is!

Guac v Papers = Papers

Spelunky v Guac = Guac

Papers v Spenlunky =Spenlunky

It's getting tense! One loss each.

Papers v Guac = Guac!

Papers Please has been elminated!

Guac v Spelunky = Spelunky

Spelunky wins it all! and my money!

That was needlessly complicated. My apologies.

The coin toss was rigged, Guac/Papers did one more toss than Spelunky did.

Gbraga

Guys, convince me to buy Spelunky. Consider that I don't have a lot of money for this killer month so it would be one of few purchases.

tmespe

Great!

I loved it and if it wasn't for all the other great games around at the moment I would have played it through a few times except for just the once. Lots of loot, interesting story, amusing, reasonably solid and varied game-play.

The biggest negative I came away from it with was that playing using guns all the time meant I could manipulate the enemies into choke-points and also trap them in the scenery sometimes. Made it a little too easy to cheese the game a few times.

Certainly pick it up though in my top games of the year list and worth the full price, let alone sale price.
Thanks! Will pick it up along with spelunky then. Should keep me going for a while.

Salsa

- Crazy Machines 2: Invaders from Space, 2nd Wave DLC
- Guacamelee Gold
- Electronic Super Joy
- Inquisitor DDE (once Dunder has worked through the Guac/Spelunky orders)
- Spelunky
- Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
- Super House of Dead Ninjas: True Ninja Pack DLC
- Van Helsing: Blue Blood DLC

Also, SWCR compliments my tethered copy of SWC rather nicely:

shadowowowhrzzw.jpg

Look at that beautiful, non-F2P bastard chilling with his bro.

just when we are talking about *playing* games for once you come and do this

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wouldn't it be Half Life since 1.6 is a mod of it?

It's a tie, technically: Steam launched with support for all of Valve's titles, including the Half-Life expansion packs. If you want go back a little further, though, the Steam beta supported only CS 1.6.

If you don't find your preferred resolution in the game's options, go to /steamapps/common/spelunky/data/ open up config.txt and change it to what you like there.

Lots of people really like Spec Ops. The experience of playing a game is in how all the various elements like gameplay/graphics/sound/story all work together.

Yeah and thats why i think Spec Ops The Line is quite a bit better than B:I. I had the feeling that the shitty generic gameplay even supports the whole Anti-War Story in the game. Bioshock Infinite tries to be intelligent. But then you have this no-brain shooting elements. While in Bioshock 1 you had puzzles,exploration stuff and a small open world. You have linear paths in Bioshock Infinite with an "Press F"-party. And i dont want to start about the dialogues.

Maybe i was just so hyped about the game being literally Bioshock 3 (Rapture in the sky, good intelligent dialogues, the same open gameplay as Bioshock 1, Gunplay a bit better and better skills, mid game twist that literally affects the gamer) that i had no fun with the dumped down gameplay and dialogues and ended up complaining about the game.

And people. Its just my opinion. You dont have to see it as an attack.

call me crazy, but it doesn't seem like Spelunky does anything for me right now. Maybe one day
in a bundle
, but not for $15ish.

braceforimpact.jpg

sheaaaa

To all my Steam brothers caught between Spelunky and Guacamelee:

Guacamelee is short, stylish but nothing like Super Metroid. Think more Dust: An Elysian Tail, with Mexican wrestlers.

Spelunky is straight up one of the best games of all time. A year and 300 deaths later I still haven't completed it once and it still sucks me back in again and again. It should be law to at least try it.

vermadas

Was watching Dunder's spreadsheet. Saw him put up new games. Waited for green cells to appear. Go to meeting. Come back, green cells are there and all reserved. Damn you work!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Was watching Dunder's spreadsheet. Saw him put up new games. Waited for green cells to appear. Go to meeting. Come back, green cells are there and all reserved. Damn you work!

Dunder is simply too popular right now to be of any use. Trading via tf2 outpost is way easier.

Ledsen

Just finished Bioshock Infinite.

That ... was an incredibly good game. The first few hours I didn't get what all the fuss was about, but the last few hours absolutely rocked.

Best of the trilogy by far and one of the best games I've ever played.

Exact opposite reaction for me. LOVED the beginning, ended up finding the game to be a good but not great fps.

Don't blame work some users stay camped on the page, he'll probably restock or just get it from tf2outpost.

Eternia

I don't get the keys thing. Isn't the only options to get these keys to buy them? And if so how come that some people sell them on the market for less than you have to pay in Valve's store?
I guess it's used as one of the common trading currencies for TF2. There are items like metal, hats and other cosmetic items that are obtained from methods other than the store such as regular drops/opening chests with those keys/promotional items. It'll get traded around to someone that doesn't care about using it for TF2 but instead for Steam wallet/gift trades. That's how I understand it.

nexen

tired of games overstaying their welcome
Preach on, sister!
As a person with Shit To Do, 10 hours or under please. Especially when the extra content is always so goddamned redundant.

I make an exception for gigantic, open-world RPGs though

Exact opposite reaction for me. LOVED the beginning, ended up finding the game to be a good but not great fps.

The very first few hours I enjoyed exploring Columbia, even if it felt like an animatronic Disney World set. Everything immediately fell apart when the combat started, though.
It wasn't until the game really dug in and started telling its story that I was hooked. Especially when the power structures started to shift.

M*A*S*H

Yeah and thats why i think Spec Ops The Line is quite a bit better than B:I. I had the feeling that the shitty generic gameplay even supports the whole Anti-War Story in the game. Bioshock Infinite tries to be intelligent.

I completely agree. Spec ops left me with shellshock and BI is nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My problem with Infinite was the racism felt incredibly tacked on. Like they just wanted to be edgy. It served very little real role.

Spelunky is going for five. A couple of bucks me than dunder but trying to camp his spreadsheet is a miserable experience.

Can't access the golden store due to high traffic. Dunder please

You're better off using TF2Outpost. You need to be incredibly lucky and/or patient for new releases. Some people just spawn camp that spreadsheet and it makes it kind of a bear to deal with. His service is fantastic, but with a limited number of keys, it's like watching the stores open during Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom