• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

tumblr_mmuavjlSnz1rmya3eo1_250.gif

1KecKyX.png

Salsa

some input lag on spelunky fullscren

basically equivalent to the 360 version, doesnt really get in the way but its there

falling in love all over again, starting that RE5 playthrough yesterday was a bad idea

I do miss the old Spelunky theme tho, a lot

Gbraga

I know this. Half my games list is not played, but these are actually good games.

Then start with Spelunky + 1 more, the daily challenge bit makes Spelunky perfect to be always installed and played every day, even if for just a few minutes.

Addnan

How do I make player 1 use controller in Spelunky? I can't seem to make it controller.

Edit: weird 3 restarts later its working.

Is there more to it (without going into what that may be) besides what was in the beta/alpha/demo/what-have-you?

From what I played there's some minor new things, you can purchase upgrades that add hotkeys to help you stamp things faster.

A saw a couple of new requirements you have to keep in mind as well

The game very similar to the beta though

Coming to Early Access late 2013:

Windbourne by Hidden Path - releasing early 2014, to be playable at Pax Prime

IGN article | Site

Windborne brings social sandbox creation games to the next level. Explore a vibrant world filled with secrets to unlock and treasures to find, craft personalized furnishings and innovative artifacts, and befriend intriguing Jin to help build a new civilization. Will you seek out the clues and artifacts of the ancients, or just loot passing islands for minerals and rare plants? Bring along your friends while you play, and share your creations with the world. Where will the wind take you? Windborne is set to release on Steam Early Access in late 2013. It is being developed and self-published by Hidden Path Entertainment, Inc.

Game Play Features:
• Building – With a wide variety of building materials, furnishings, and artifacts, you can build whatever you can imagine
• Crafting – Everything can be made and improved, and everything you make has a purpose.
• Exploring – You will be part of your own story as you explore an interesting world that is full of wonder and surprise. Explore millions of ruins filled with puzzles and treasure.
• Guiding – Guide the Jin to civilization by defending them, building homes for them, and teaching them, and they will help you in return.
• Community – See other islands floating by, and visit them to trade with their owners. Join your friends and help them build their town.
• Dragons – Breed dragonlings to unlock special abilities, including the ability to fly!
• Combat – Defeat enemies that are encroaching on your island, or try assaulting a copy of your friend’s island to test its defenses.
• Quests – Pick and choose quests to give you optional challenges that net big rewards.

windborne_.jpg

Gbraga

Especially given the apparent horrid framerate and general performance issues. Seems doubtful though.

Yeah, no way that's gonna happen, it would be way too good :/

I really can't stand bad framerate in games like these, MGR was already really distracting on the PS3 to me, and I can't wait to play at real and solid 60fps on PC.

Yeah and thats why i think Spec Ops The Line is quite a bit better than B:I. I had the feeling that the shitty generic gameplay even supports the whole Anti-War Story in the game. Bioshock Infinite tries to be intelligent. But then you have this no-brain shooting elements. While in Bioshock 1 you had puzzles,exploration stuff and a small open world. You have linear paths in Bioshock Infinite with an "Press F"-party. And i dont want to start about the dialogues.

Maybe i was just so hyped about the game being literally Bioshock 3 (Rapture in the sky, good intelligent dialogues, the same open gameplay as Bioshock 1, Gunplay a bit better and better skills, mid game twist that literally affects the gamer) that i had no fun with the dumped down gameplay and dialogues and ended up complaining about the game.

And people. Its just my opinion. You dont have to see it as an attack.

But Bioshock had none of those things you mentioned :s I swear there's some serious rose tinted glasses going on with that game. The whole game you're running around in the levels following that arrow and there's the clunky combat. Bio2 had better game design going for it.

One of the reasons I liked Infinite so much was because of its combat. Best gunplay in the series. No ADS base, mobility, verticality, fast pace. No sight of the duck hunt simulator of mms. And yet I see people yearning for Bio1 combat? Weird.

Eanan

Bit disappointed in the $20 price tag for prison architect there. Not worth it it seems.

But if I was to buy it, would it be a dick move to give half of the $20 to charity, and the other half to humble bundle?

Freezard

Bit disappointed in the $20 price tag for prison architect there. Not worth it it seems.

But if I was to buy it, would it be a dick move to give half of the $20 to charity, and the other half to humble bundle?

I bet most people give 100% to charity. Not a big deal.

Enco

Nah it wouldn't :p

I agree in that its not really something I would pay $20 for. Seems like it would get boring pretty quickly. I also don't agree with their pricing methodology. Price it super high so people are happy to test and feedback? No thanks.

Just kinda "sad" to see that Beatbuddy, who won some prices or was nominated at some inidie-conventions, is overshadowed by Guacamelee and Spelunky.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So, uh which of the three do I start with.
Numbered by release time:

1.) Spelunky
2.) Guacamelee
3.) Papers, Please

Go to random.org, generate a number between one and three, then play the game that number corresponds to.

You're welcome. :D

Cth

RE: Dunder's spreadsheet..

Are people able to tinker with them or am I just lucky? I know they can resolve comments which can screw things up.. I'm talking more about making a new green cell.

I had no problem reserving something, which is making me leery after reading all the comments here.

Fireblend

Banned
RE: Dunder's spreadsheet..

Are people able to tinker with them or am I just lucky? I know they can resolve comments which can screw things up.. I'm talking more about making a new green cell.

I had no problem reserving something, which is making me leery after reading all the comments here.

Only Dunder can edit them. All people can do is insert comments (and resolve them, but if you resolve a comment then it shows on the history and you get blacklisted, AFAIK).

It's actually a pretty clever system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom