• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

I'd intended to purchase this early on to do my part to show there's a market for fighters on the PC, but I feel bad that I've had to push it back due to other releases. $13.49 is tempting but the deal couldn't have come at a worse time, haha.

I'm torn myself. I just spent $30 on Bioshock Infinite and I went kinda crazy in the summer sale.

edit: I don't really like fighters anymore but MK9 is sublime.

I personally think this is a better deal: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECGPL5W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

As you could sell the Batman and LOTR games for $5 each on steam at the very least and you get the mortal kombat arcade kollection for a few quid cheaper.

It totally is. I have all those games though (except MK Arcade) and don't want to go through the hassle of reselling them.
But for anyone whom that doesn't apply to: totally a better deal. Totally.

I feel like my head and wallet is going to explode, with the next 3 months I need to get spelunky, guacamelee, payday 2, rome 2, gtav, batman origins, papers please, skullgirls, saints row 4, all while playing dota 2, ffxiv, and my backlog, shiiiitttttttt

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I feel like my head and wallet is going to explode, with the next 3 months I need to get spelunky, guacamelee, payday 2, rome 2, gtav, batman origins, papers please, skullgirls, saints row 4, all while playing dota 2, ffxiv, and my backlog, shiiiitttttttt

I'd thought Wolfenstein was this year but fortunately (though also unfortunately) it's a 2014 release.

maneil99

If you go through sellers like dunder or me we can get pretty much half your cost

Milamber

Can't afford to get any of the top 3 indies here. There is far too much AAA titles coming out this quarter for me to drop some cash outside my schedule.

DagsJT

Well, I was looking forward to Spelunky a lot ... but Guacamelee has just had more of my playing time. A ton of fun, the graphics and music are great too. A nice surprise!

Everyone too busy with Spelunky, it seems. Has this been posted?

15 more games were greenlit

7 Days To Die
The 7th Guest
Crashtastic
The Dead Linger
Door Kickers
INFRA
Maia
Nekro
The Novelist
Paranomal
Satellite Reign
Stranded Deep
Strike Vector
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches

http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1586676867625499585

Somehow besides Stranded Deep and The Novelist everything looks kinda bland. And arent 7 days to die and Dead Linger pretty similar?

mrgone

OMG Fuck this combo so bad. ARGH.

9468068414_f903272901_o.png

Hey, I think there are some references to other things in that game, maybe :)

Guacamelee is incredibly fun so far. Combat system is responsive and fluid. Pulling off the bigger combos is really satisfying=) Not to mention the charming artstyle.

Haven't played Dust yet but it has a lot to live up to now. Might go on a metroidvania binge after this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Viscera Cleanup Detail is available for pre-order at the official site for $5. Similar to Arma 3, the price will rise as development milestones are reached (I assume the first increase will occur when the game reaches beta and again when it's complete), so if you're at all interested I'd recommend biting now.

Milamber

Viscera Cleanup Detail is available for pre-order at the official site for $5. Similar to Arma 3, the price will rise as development milestones are reached (I assume the first increase will occur when the game reaches beta and again when it's complete), so if you're at all interested I'd recommend biting now.

Goddammit, JaseC... goddammit...

*opens wallet*

mrgone

7 Days To Die
The 7th Guest
Crashtastic
The Dead Linger
Door Kickers
INFRA
Maia
Nekro
The Novelist
Paranomal
Satellite Reign
Stranded Deep
Strike Vector
Viscera Cleanup Detail

Wow, the pitch for Maia is Dungeon Keeper meets Dwarf fortress. In space. I just swallowed my tongue

N.A

Banned
Happy for The Dead Linger. It has made great progress in the year I have been following it and the devs are very open and honest.

Cth

Anyone having problems with Dunder's spreadsheet?

I had something reserved in a green cell, and now the cell is no longer green and now my name's not there.

Is it likely a result of someone having resolved their own cell having screwed things up, or something malicious?

This is:

what worries me. Look what happened to Air Bucaneers, that was also greenlit. The community is dead.
Nexuiz was also an indie MP-Game. Community was dead after just 1 month....

It will be dead in 2 weeks. We already know this. Valve should put their name on it and it will live for at a few months more.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Preordered. Looks like the true sequel to Doom 3.

Eanan

that's a fair price. just don't expect a good story or decent writing in any capacity.

The story was fast paced and gripping from start to end. Far better than a dragged out and dull story that many games have nowadays. Not to mention it has some of the best set pieces ive seen in recent gaming.

That is just sad. It seems you really have to have luck for a Game to get a big community. Chivalry is still pretty alive, right?

Yeah. A big community is awesome. But a lively is more awesome. And people still play Nuclear Dawn and that is something remarkable. You get into the game and everyone is nice to each other. Chivalry has a really lively Community right now. Its far from dead. While War of the Roses... doesnt look so good for that game.

What is Papers please?

Play the demo and try it for yourself. If you try to describe it you will destroy the uniqueness about the game.

I just came in to say that I have been playing borderlands 2 the past couple days and the newest DLC, Tiny Tina's Dragonkeep or something of that nature is awesome! It is better than vanilla in every way. I love when DLC are actually well done, like Old World Blues!

allansm

Just kinda "sad" to see that Beatbuddy, who won some prices or was nominated at some inidie-conventions, is overshadowed by Guacamelee and Spelunky.

They didn't promote their game very well. First time I heard of it was when it popped up on the coming soon list a few days ago. Lots of good indie games are being ignored lately. The way things are now, either you build hype around your game or will be ignored.

Acorn

Shit is getting real.

They didn't promote their game very well. First time I heard of it was when it popped up on the coming soon list a few days ago. Lots of good indie games are being ignored lately. The way things are now, either you build hype around your game or will be ignored.

Thats the same how I saw it. I just saw it in Steam just now.

7 Days To Die
The 7th Guest
Crashtastic
The Dead Linger
Door Kickers
INFRA
Maia
Nekro
The Novelist
Paranomal
Satellite Reign
Stranded Deep
Strike Vector
Viscera Cleanup Detail

I'm interested in Door Kickers, Satellite Reign and Strike Vector. Alas, I continue to be disappointed in the tastes of the Steam community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom