• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

They didn't promote their game very well. First time I heard of it was when it popped up on the coming soon list a few days ago. Lots of good indie games are being ignored lately. The way things are now, either you build hype around your game or will be ignored.

It's almost as if products need marketing in order to be sold, but that's crazy talk.

I used the settings mentioned in this post, though I've seen the AA bit 0x080000C1 thrown around a fair few times so it may be a better fit.

Thanks, one thing I'm confused about. Had to resintall as I guess I removed it at some point but how do I get the settings to be "simpler"
For example, this is an image I found
wdnrog.jpg

Whereas mine has all the settings in all caps and 10/20 characters long. Did I download the wrong version?

Edit: Nevermind. Somehow didn't extract the name settings.

I got to play a couple of hours of Guacamelee and this game is really excellent. The game is a perfectly fine metroidvania, but on top of that the combat is very fun thanks to the fact it plays like a beat them up. You can also juggle your opponents very easily and create your own kick ass 9000 hit combo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, one thing I'm confused about. Had to resintall as I guess I removed it at some point but how do I get the settings to be "simpler"
For example, this is an image I found

Whereas mine has all the settings in all caps and 10/20 characters long. Did I download the wrong version?

This might be a dumb question, but did you download and install Nvidia Inspector? It's a separate tool, not part of the Nvidia driver suite.

Edit: Ah, you got it. I couldn't check for myself as Remote Desktop doesn't support GPU acceleration so I was in a rather poor position to help. :p

nexen

I just came in to say that I have been playing borderlands 2 the past couple days and the newest DLC, Tiny Tina's Dragonkeep or something of that nature is awesome! It is better than vanilla in every way. I love when DLC are actually well done, like Old World Blues!

Oh good, that is the only DLC I bought. Yay!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just finished Bioshock Infinite.

That ... was an incredibly good game. The first few hours I didn't get what all the fuss was about, but the last few hours absolutely rocked.

Best of the trilogy by far and one of the best games I've ever played.
I have a hard time picking a favorite between the Bios, but I love Infinite too. Story, setting and presentation are all excellent and the gameplay is fun too. Harder difficulties really make you take singular approaches, play around with the vigors and have the weapons take a supporting role in the backseat. Having a blast replaying it on hard atm and going after the collectibles, I'll try 1999 later too and, although BaS is obvously the main course, I'm actually looking forward to tackling CitC when I buy the Season Pass (waiting for a sale).

And check this thread if you haven't yet!

Eanan

Just finished Bioshock Infinite.

That ... was an incredibly good game. The first few hours I didn't get what all the fuss was about, but the last few hours absolutely rocked.

Best of the trilogy by far and one of the best games I've ever played.

Ain't that the truth.

Seriously this will stick with me for years after playing the game: http://youtu.be/xqb7aixNTMo

It was just one of those moments in gaming that you'll always remember.

Smash88

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen the Steam thread so barren. The only other times it reminds of is right after the sale ends after everyone has been literally spent and playing their games.

Salsa

I don't think I've ever seen the Steam thread so barren. The only other times it reminds of is right after the sale ends after everyone has been literally spent and playing their games.

cause everyones playing one of the best games ever made bro

In Dishonored, you could pick up bodies right? I'm almost sure i remember moving them about and throwing them into rivers to be eaten. Can't for the life of me figure out how to do it now in Knife of Dunwall :/

Turfster

In Dishonored, you could pick up bodies right? I'm almost sure i remember moving them about and throwing them into rivers to be eaten. Can't for the life of me figure out how to do it now in Knife of Dunwall :/

Uh, same way you could before, iirc. Just "use" the body (don't forget to hold until you've got it)

Berto

Everyone too busy with Spelunky, it seems. Has this been posted?

15 more games were greenlit

7 Days To Die
The 7th Guest
Crashtastic
The Dead Linger
Door Kickers
INFRA
Maia
Nekro
The Novelist
Paranomal
Satellite Reign
Stranded Deep
Strike Vector
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches

http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1586676867625499585

At this rate Gray Matter will never be greenlite, oh well I guess I'll keep my boxed copy.

Grief.exe

I got $17 in card monies

I am leaning towards picking up one of the three, but I should just wait for a sale.

I have enough games in my backlog to not need these, and I can always pick up all 3 at once during a sale.

At least that is how I'm justifying it. Hurts to wait.

maneil99

I got $17 in card monies

I am leaning towards picking up one of the three, but I should just wait for a sale.

I have enough games in my backlog to not need these, and I can always pick up all 3 at once during a sale.

get 3 more dollars and you can get 2 games

Razorskin

----- ------
I got $17 in card monies

Be strong and hold out for the sales, you can do it.

I got $17 in card monies

The thing that's great about Spelunky is that it's enjoyable on a systemic level. I mean it has an "end" to get to, but you're not playing it to punch through the content. To that end, it's great to just pop in for ten minute bursts; or two hours bursts, but there's no sense of commitment to playing it. Play it a little now, play it a little a month from now, play it between other games you're playing, it works for everything and isn't something you can feel guilty about.

I got $17 in card monies

Stop whatever you're doing, install and play the Cave Story+ sitting in your backlog which is a blasphemy. Problem solved (at least for 4-5 hours).

Had no idea Spelunky and Guacamelee were hitting steam. Let alone in the same day of all things. Dammit I didn't expect to spend money today. But I am glad I did.

Can someone load up Dishonored Knife of Dunwall on the PC and make sure you can still pick up bodies? It just won't work for me, reset the controls and everything.

Lingitiz

I got $17 in card monies

Tell me about it. Gone Home is coming pretty soon too. And Saints Row 4 and Rome 2 shortly after.

Crayons

Banned
I got $17 in card monies

Be strong. It'll be worth it when you get all those games for 50% off or more.

I got $17 in card monies

I was going to wait, but I found a spare Dota 2 item to sell, so I was able to pick up both Spelunky and Guacamelee. My backlog cries out once more lol.

Wok

Guacamelee is a big surprise for me. I was not expecting such a high design quality for the graphics and the music. The game feels a lot like Fly'N in that sense, but the game is maybe a bit harder.

Spelunky is way too hard for today, it is a game I could play a bit everyday but not two hours in a row. It is as frustrating as BoI, and more than FTL.

Honestly dude, this isn't the right thread for trying to make a profit. There's the buy/sell thread for that.

My thoughts too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I got $17 in card monies

I actually agree with this. I'm not really interested in any of these new games, so I'll definitely wait for 50%-75% off.

I got $17 in card monies

You can pick up all three at once on sale and put them in your backlog, or buy one of them now while they're hot and enjoy the hell out of it. The game doesn't get worse the later you buy it, but your chance of actually playing it goes down a lot in my experience.

Gonna pick up Spelunky when I'm done with exams on tuesday and it'll be awesome.

I got $17 in card monies

Wait on it.

allansm

Guacamelee is a big surprise for me. I was not expecting such a high design quality for the graphics and the music. The game feels a lot like Fly'N in that sense, but the game is maybe a bit harder.

Spelunky is way too hard for today, it is a game I could play a bit everyday but not two hours in a row. It is as frustrating as BoI, and more than FTL.

Exactly my impressions.

Cth

Waiting for a later sale could be good..

.. although the bonus game with Guacamelee doesn't hurt. $7.99 value for a game I haven't played yet :)

Bluth54

Everyone too busy with Spelunky, it seems. Has this been posted?

15 more games were greenlit

7 Days To Die
The 7th Guest
Crashtastic
The Dead Linger
Door Kickers
INFRA
Maia
Nekro
The Novelist
Paranomal
Satellite Reign
Stranded Deep
Strike Vector
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches

http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1586676867625499585

Great to see The 7th Guest greenlit. I tried to play that game when I was a kid but it was too advanced for me. I'm looking forward to trying it again.

Turfster

Great to see The 7th Guest greenlit. I tried to play that game when I was a kid but it was too advanced for me. I'm looking forward to trying it again.

It's... not really a game. Well, I guess there's games, but they're really, really simple puzzles. It's rather shit, to be honest.

Tellaerin

I've only played the original freeware version of Spelunky, but I'm guessing the difficulty is comparable. If you really want to enjoy the game, it's best to approach it like a roguelike - expect to die often, and go into each new game with an attitude of, "How far can I get this time?" (Which is pretty much the same advice I give people about FTL, come to think of it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom