• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Can devs add more cards later?

I was so sure I had sold every card from Don't Starve. Just started it up to play it and a card dropped (have 1 more drop to go).

Lingitiz

Dragon Commander is pretty awesome... to me.

It's pretty awesome. Gonna pimp my own review a bit here haha.

$40 (or $17 if you buy from Dunder I suppose) is a bit steep, especially on the eve of a lot of game releases, but if you've got the money it's totally worth it. Its got fantastic writing and fun and challenging combat and strategy.

Sajjaja

Took my time going through the first mission in the Dunwall dlc, spent around 3 hours in that area only to leave and find out via the end mission stats that somewhere along the way I killed one person ;-;

You murderer. But yeah, after I spent like, 7? hours in Dunwall, I laughed at all the people that said it wasn't worth it for "only" 3 levels.

Yeah i was sad when I first read only 3 missions, but then I played them and it was fantastic. The second level is particularly great.

Yeah i was sad when I first read only 3 missions, but then I played them and it was fantastic. The second level is particularly great.

Yeah, it seems pretty robust. The first level was great and pretty expansive, multiple points of entry, etc. Just think I'm going to put it aside for a few days, really upset I was so careful and still killed someone somehow :/

And people need to pre-order X-Com the Bureau faster so I can get the X-Com collection.

Dawg

It's pretty awesome. Gonna pimp my own review a bit here haha.

$40 (or $17 if you buy from Dunder I suppose) is a bit steep, especially on the eve of a lot of game releases, but if you've got the money it's totally worth it. Its got fantastic writing and fun and challenging combat and strategy.

I envy English reviews. Not because I hate my own language, but everytime I want to link my review(s) and articles to a fellow GAFfer, it reads like poo poo because I have to use google translate. That's really the only thing I dislike about living in a country with a very niche language.

http://translate.googleusercontent....mander&usg=ALkJrhicSHyR5FbxvlouqoBgWSY3d_IiMQ

gr8 read tho!

Kuroyume

Banned
I already own Duke Nukem through GoG so I just picked up Shadow Warrior. It's nice to play one of these old schools shooters without having to boot it up through DOSbox for once. Mouse aiming works out of the box and they redid the menus so they also work with the mouse. The UI also looks nice and crisp in widescreen.

Thanks. Went ahead and picked up. Really excited to play Duke again. And, excited to go through SW for the first time.

FloatOn

made it to the jungle in spelunky!

pygPdP2.gif

inky

Papers Please ending spoilers:

Got Ending 17, Life imprisonment! I want to start a new game already...

Such a grim game and yet I can't stop playing.

KarmaCow

If you buy Guacamelee and already own Mutant Blobs Attack you won't receive the game in your inventory?

I'm going to say you don't receive a gift copy simply because the rule is if it doesn't explicitly say you'll get one, you don't get one but I didn't own Mutant Blobs Attack before buying Guacamelee.

I'm going to say you don't receive a gift copy simply because the rule is if it doesn't explicitly say you'll get one, you don't get one but I didn't own Mutant Blobs Attack before buying Guacamelee.

Ok thanks I thought that you will receive a copy to gift, but as you said, it doesn't say "If you already own the game, gift the copy to a friend" as in other games!

Anustart

Question about binding of isaac, do character items for beating the true final boss not show up on collection page? Do they count towards golden/platinum god?

denx

Papers Please ending spoilers:

Got Ending 17, Life imprisonment! I want to start a new game already...

Such a grim game and yet I can't stop playing.

IM TRYING TO FOLLOW GRIEF ADVICE AND WAIT FOR A SALE

YOURE NOT MAKING THIS EASIER

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone pick up that Duke Nukem/Shadow Warrior bundle? Opinions?
Yeah, I bought Shadow Warrior literally 15 seconds ago. Never played it, but it's from 3D Realms and uses Duke3D's engine, so I'm sure it's awesome.

Regarding Duke3D, it's probably the best game ever made. But I may be wrong, because I'm not so sure about the "probably". So yes, that one is a must-have.

Nabs

The KOF devs just sent out a group message to their "loyal KOF fans", but when I click it just hits me with an error. Maybe Steam knows.

inky

IM TRYING TO FOLLOW GRIEF ADVICE AND WAIT FOR A SALE

YOURE NOT MAKING THIS EASIER

Well, that's lame advice :p

Sure, it will probably be $1 one day, but if you found it interesting already it is well worth the $10 now. I picked it over Spelunky which I already own on console, and Van Helsing -which looks interesting- but I don't think I need another loot game in my life right now.

It is a weird mix of a fun game that makes you feel terrible at times, LOL. If you haven't seen much of it, I'd recommend checking some videos first tho, as it might not be everyone's cup of tea and it won't have the replay value of the games above (although it does have a bit of that).

denx

Well, that's lame advice :p

Sure, it will probably be $1 one day, but if you found it interesting already it is well worth the $10 now. I picked it over Spelunky which I already own on console, and Van Helsing -which looks interesting- but I don't think I need another loot game in my life right now.

It is a weird mix of a fun game that makes you feel terrible at times, LOL. If you haven't seen much of it, I'd recommend checking some videos first tho, as it might not be everyone's cup of tea and it won't have the replay value of the games above (although it does have a bit of that).

Oh yeah, I tried the demo and I loved it, and I'm super tempted to buy it, but I'm kind of conflicted about spending money on games right now, dat Summer Sale. :p

I'm pretty sure if I bought it now, I would play it non stop until I finish it.

Firehead

The KOF devs just sent out a group message to their "loyal KOF fans", but when I click it just hits me with an error. Maybe Steam knows.

Announcement:
To our loyal KOF Fans,
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" will arrive on PC for your enjoyment very soon!

We at SNK PLAYMORE have worked hard to bring our PC version of KOF XIII to our loyal fans and to any newcomers as well. We look forward to seeing this game being enjoyed by PC gamers and KOF fans across the world.

We look forward to receiving your feedback in the weeks to come!
http://steamdb.info/forum/10/#reply-776

Blast from last page but stuff like that is pretty common especially with such a rich and diverse inventory. Anyways I have a similar story about spam. This one guy that was griefing up a KF match I was in, I had him banned from the session right... he proceeded to manually spam my profile page with almost 1000 uniquely typed insults over the hour or so that I was playing, that's some dedication right there. I had to press delete on every one of them.

My central ac fan motor broke yesterday morning, locking up the compressor and freezing the lines, spend all day today and last night fixing it and getting hvac supplies. Hot around here so that meant no PC uptime, anyways time to buy Spelunky ;). What is going for on the Russian webs?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Spelunky is probably the most difficult video game I've ever played.
I bet it just follows the typical roguelike pattern of having a bunch of vital information that you don't know and after long enough you learn it and then it isn't really hard because you then have the knowledge to avoid all the cheap deaths everywhere that interrupt your play enough to keep you from realizing how shallow and monotonous it is.

jediyoshi

I bet it just follows the typical roguelike pattern of having a bunch of vital information that you don't know and after long enough you learn it and then it isn't really hard because you then have the knowledge to avoid all the cheap deaths everywhere that interrupt your play enough to keep you from realizing how shallow and monotonous it is.

Nah.

FloatOn

No fun allowed.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

See you on the leaderboards

eyeless

get a loada this guy

Spelunky isn't really difficult, at least it doesn't give me the stress or frustration of a difficult game, it just requires a methodical approach. It's just easy for things to domino into doom; oh, I threw that rock a bit off and it came back and hit me, dropped me down by which I activated an arrow trap that shot me then I land in the right spot for a spider to drop on top of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom