• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Going through the beta feedback form on the new Rrift Racer, not sure if they're going about some of these questions in the best way

XtwUKmZ.png

Mostly just skipped to the end where I could write about how they might have created the most oppressive f2p model that's ever existed

fantomena

Fucking hell. My 67% save game for Fez seems to be corrupted and I have no idea how to fix it. Im not starting a new game, that's for sure.

Ledsen

Going through the beta feedback form on the new Rrift Racer, not sure if they're going about some of these questions in the best way

XtwUKmZ.png

Mostly just skipped to the end where I could write about how they might have created the most oppressive f2p model that's ever existed

lol that could be the worst survey question I've ever seen.

Enco

XtwUKmZ.png

:lol 3 questions in 1. Smart.

did anyone else buy crash time 2 in that $1 bundle? i bought it for that but i beat a mission on easy and now i can't select the next mission? WTF? Does the game really require you to beat missions on normal to advance? Then why even have the option of easy?? shit is buggy so i don't want to waste my time on a challenge i just want to drive around and screw around for 10 minutes here and there.

tried downloading a 100% gamesave and that'd be perfect but i can't find the directory where my gamesaves are....i don't see it in any of my steam libraries and with windows 7 it's not in documents where other sites online have suggested....the sav file is a freaking apparition, i swear

Addnan

XtwUKmZ.png

They win no matter what you answer!

Is save file problem as common as it is on the xbox? Haven't seen many people say anything.

I dont think many people are playing the game that long that they could say anything about saves.

I played the game for 5 Minutes until it crashed and it didnt wanted to start ever again.

WHa tdo you guys play Spelunky with? M/k or controller?

Keyboard is okay. But for example i play better and smother with a controller.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you're playing as a Pyromancer, grab the reinforced club from the merchant in Burg and learn to use its guard break and R2 leap attack (it'll carry you through the game).

Otherwise, grab a knife and learn to backstab and parry. On my second character, I rolled a rogue and just plain spanked the first black knight with my starting knife.
What's a guard break? Kicking the enemies to break their defense? And the backstab was with RB, right? I can't seem to make it work, they always hear me and turn around whenever I'm near.

Parrying is hard too. I can only make it work like 1 out of 10 times. Never know exactly when to press LT, and whether I should tap RB at the same time, immediately after or a few seconds later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EB Games AU has allegedly jacked up the price of $50 Steam Wallet codes to $55. I assume $20 codes have jumped up to $22.

Pricks.

JaseC

How does that work

USD$50 = ~AUD$54 at present. The price increase will be justified by pointing to the exchange rate but it's just a shameless cash grab seeing as the codes are sourced from GameStop proper. I'm not aware of any other service credit cards/codes (iTunes, Facebook, etc.) that are priced higher than their face values.

I bought $800 worth of codes from EB for the Summer Sale and had intended to snap up a $50 code each week starting next week as there's a store near my preferred train station but now there's no point. EB's loss.

Deques

Looks like Steam has again restricted me from using Market. Not that I was using it after the restriction were lifted last time... but still. Why do they keep doing that?

Note: I haven't done anything this time, not received Rubels from unknown people, not buying anything from the market, not selling in the market, nothing. Just added Steam funds

USD$50 = ~AUD$54 at present. The price increase will be justified by pointing to the exchange rate but it's just a shameless cash grab seeing as the codes are sourced from GameStop proper. I'm not aware of any other service credit cards/codes (iTunes, Facebook, etc.) that are priced higher than their face values.

Pretty slack considering the games on steam are already mostly "adjusted". Yay for taking a double hit.

It's dangerous to go alone, take this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=75375323&postcount=210

BTW, is it possible to use the vibration of Dual Shock 3 connecting the controller that way?

I have had a PS3 controller hooked up via USB with this method for ages. This afternoon I unplugged it so Skullgirls could pick up my TE stick as controller #1 (because it kind of doesn't work like it should with it as #2).

But then I loaded skullgirls and my ps3 controller was still working! It threw me for a little bit, but turns out I had a bluetooth dongle plugged in and it had somehow paired to it without me ever doing anything and everything "just worked".

Was a great surprise.

Schtolteheim

Neo Member
Looks like Steam has again restricted me from using Market. Not that I was using it after the restriction were lifted last time... but still. Why do they keep doing that?

Did you change your password? That's one reason being unable to use the Market for quite a while.
It's sometimes overloaded as well.

Tak3n

Banned
Jesus f Christ. Spelunky is awesome but so frustrating. Those god dam arrow traps can do one.

Also I keep getting a mine level that is in the dark is there a easy solution I am missing

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Whoever coded the PC version must be ashamed. 67% and now it's corrupted for som reason.

I have anyway uninstalled it. Won't play it again.

It's really worth playing through to the end, you weren't
anywhere near as done as you thought you were
, though I'm sorry for your data loss. It could be worth it to message the programmer Renaud Bédard and see if he's aware of what could be done for your save. It appears they have a new patch on the way today or tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

HoosTrax

, though I'm sorry for your data loss. It could be worth it to message the actual programmer Renaud Bédard and see if he's aware of what could be done for your save. It appears they have a new patch on the way today or tomorrow, as a matter of fact.
I actually bought it at launch (on PC that is), and ran into a corrupted save file in an owl room around 120%. Put it down for a few months, came back to it a week ago, and found that at some point, a patch had been sent up that "un-corrupted" my save.

Card Boy

Banned

I bought $800 worth of codes from EB for the Summer Sale and had intended to snap up a $50 code each week starting next week as there's a store near my preferred train station but now there's no point. EB's loss.

Ok i will ask what every lurker is thinking, this is an issue for you why? You have over 1800 Steam games and $800 credit.

JaseC

Ok i will ask what every lurker is thinking, this is an issue for you why? You have over 1800 Steam games and $800 credit.

Like I said, it's a shameless cash grab. There is absolutely no reason why EB's $50 Steam Wallet codes should cost more than $50.

fantomena

That ghost in Spelunky should just burn.

, though I'm sorry for your data loss. It could be worth it to message the programmer Renaud Bédard and see if he's aware of what could be done for your save. It appears they have a new patch on the way today or tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

Gonna install it again in a couple of days to see if it has been fixed.

Card Boy

Banned
Not to my knowledge. They're a GameStop product, like Game Informer subs.

I'm just glad i got

GMG
Nuuvem
Amazon
Get Games Go
Gamersgate
Ebay
Indie bundles
Russian sellers

to help me get cheap Steam games. Outside Magic 2014 and 30bucks worth of stuff at the summer sale i don't buy directly from Steam anymore. Valve never gives good incentives.

JaseC

I'm just glad i got

GMG
Nuuvem
Amazon
Get Games Go
Gamersgate
Ebay
Indie bundles
Russian sellers

to help me get cheap Steam games. Outside Magic 2014 and 30bucks worth of stuff at the summer sale i don't buy directly from Steam anymore. Valve never gives good incentives.

While there are third-party alternatives, Wallet funds do some in handy during the larger sale periods and when chasing cheaper games from Eastern Euro traders, so EB offering currency parity via Wallet codes was nice while it (apparently) lasted.

JakeD

I dont think many people are playing the game that long that they could say anything about saves.

I played the game for 5 Minutes until it crashed and it didnt wanted to start ever again.

Keyboard is okay. But for example i play better and smother with a controller.

You know there's a
fake crash that occurs within the first five minutes of the game
right

JaseC

any reliable russian reseller?

Steam Trades I'd recommend over TF2 Outpost if you're wary about being scammed as there's a clear positive/negative feedback system (e.g. someone with a +150/+0 rating has been given the tick of approval 150 times).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom