• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Hmm, I wonder...

4sek.png
Holy shit Manny Calavera?

Why have I not bought this game yet.

Daellon

Neo Member
DOTA2 baffles me.

I tried watching some of The International last night in the game client and was just so lost.

Any recommended reading to try and understand what-in-the-heck this game is about? Is there a wiki somewhere or something? Does the tutorial section do anything to help? I'm a pretty big chicken when it comes to PvP, admittedly. Maybe I just need to man-up and jump in there...

Turfster

Fuck you Kalypso media and your separate account bullshit.
If I'm booting a "steam special edition" of a game, I don't want to have to enter 50 billion extra cd keys and make an extra account with you.

Turfster

did you try just skipping it? i remember reading about it when tropico 4 was a daily and according to them its optional:

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=7909

This was Dungeons. Didn't have an option to skip. It was basically "jump through these hoops and then log in/make an account with us!" Of course, the launcher screen's last update is Halloween 2011...

koolaroo said:
Probably already been mentioned but there is a new http://www.getloadedgo.com/ bundle going up in a hour. For some reason I'm hoping for it to be a 2k bundle but there is nothing to show that would happen.
It's a railsim 72 hour offer.

koolaroo

This was Dungeons. Didn't have an option to skip. It was basically "jump through these hoops and then log in/make an account with us!" Of course, the launcher screen's last update is Halloween 2011...

It's a railsim 72 hour offer.

So it's just going to be some train game bundle? that's lame. The delayed the bundle like 2 weeks for that?

DOTA2 baffles me.

I tried watching some of The International last night in the game client and was just so lost.

Any recommended reading to try and understand what-in-the-heck this game is about? Is there a wiki somewhere or something? Does the tutorial section do anything to help? I'm a pretty big chicken when it comes to PvP, admittedly. Maybe I just need to man-up and jump in there...

I'd start with the in-game tutorial missions. By then you should have a play style you prefer, if not a favorite hero. From there, watch videos on the hero(s) you like, use the in-game hero guide, and bot match it up for a little to get things down. From there, try your hand at some PvP.

The thing that made the game "click" for me was the in-game guides for each hero. Such a little addition to the game, but it made a WORLD of a difference.

Spares away, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-6D53576AF564DAE2 - Taken by Iron Badger
Post Mortem -- MB-25C940B023F2A4CC - Taken by Turfster
Dungeons The Dark Lord -- MB-767C87C6A9C9F6F6 - Taken by DexterPepper

Nymerio

DOTA2 baffles me.

This is the video I usually show people who are about to try it: How to play Dota 2 in 4 minutes

Grief.exe

If you are gonna summon one person to help you with Ornstein & Smough, why would you not just wait a minute to summon a second?

Having an extra person makes the battle trivial as it is.

You can always summon Solaire as well, he is on the stairs overlooking the fight. Might be quicker than waiting around for GFWL to let you summon.

Tak3n

Banned

You can always summon Solaire as well, he is on the stairs overlooking the fight. Might be quicker than waiting around for GFWL to let you summon.

Also those damn knights use to follow me, so fighting them whislt summoning is a pain, so the quicker the better

Just got my first booster pack. Accidentally hit "Unpack" instead of "Sell" in my fit of excitement.

Really wish there was an "Are You Sure?" dialog box that pops up for situations just like that.

Enco

DOTA2 baffles me.

Try this first.

Skip through this if you don't have time or watch it all. Kinda old but still has the basics.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Not when the person you are helping sucks. And Solaire does jack shit for damage. I want an easy farm.

rybrad

I haven't seen that issue myself.

I did run into issues with Rogue Legacy where some enemies moved at lightning speed because that game is unable to handle >60fps properly (animation speeds go out of whack).

Guacamelee, on the other hand, doesn't appear to have those issues at 144fps, so something else must be wrong in your case.
Man I hate when this happens in games, it is annoying to have to quit the game and change your refresh rate for one game/session. Glad to hear Guacamelee won't be an issue at least.

FloatOn

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+

Soon.

header.jpg

oh god...... I've been missing eating ghost conga lines since I've sold my xbox a couple of years ago. I'll rebuy this the second it drops.

Any word on Pac-Man museum? (the one with battle royale)

Deques

What kind of trades? When I trade a bunch of tf2keys for a gift, I don't get any receipt. I assumed everything gets reversed if something bad happens.

Trades that were done through Trade Window. You don't get receipts from trading. I meant receipts I get from purchasing games from Steam store

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If anyone wants these, just add me xgk86

Expires Friday:

50% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
50% OFF Triple Town
10% OFF Toki Tori 2+

Expires Monday:

50% OFF Primal Fears
33% OFF A Game of Dwarves

Expires Wednesday:

90% OFF Faerie Solitaire

Freezard

Playing some Men of War campaign... pretty fun in co-op :) If anyone wants to form a party with me (up to 4 players), just call my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom