• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianD

Neo Member
Anyone play Home?
I did, a couple of months ago.

If you want an opinion on the game because it's currently on sale, I'm not sure it is worth it even at that price.
The game is very short, and it isn't much of a game honestly, it's more like an "experience".
The gameplay only consists of progressing through the levels, coming across some situations and deciding what you think happened.
Your decisions then affect the development of the story, so most of the interest resides in restarting the game and taking different decisions to see how it unfolds each time.
Also, the game isn't scary despite what the trailer might try to make you think.

garath

Van helsing weekend deal. I've been enjoying that co-op. Few technical issues aside, it's a fun ARPG with a great setting. Lots and lots of skills and item options as well.

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+

Soon.

header.jpg

!

Man, with this coming I really need to buy a controller with a decent d-pad. Guacamelee is already pushing it. Can't even properly select locations on the map.

Def Jukie

The name of that game just sounds ... dirty.

Yeah, it's kind of a terrible name but the game is great. I played through it last week and really enjoyed it. I found the puzzles to be challenging enough to make you think about them a bit but weren't obtuse to the point of having to look up any hints. The atmosphere is really great too. It's a shame that there didn't really seem to be much buzz about it.

Dolor

Interesting that EA is ok with Wasteland 1 coming to Steam.

Link.

I get the feeling that there is a non-trivial contingent of people over at EA that are still pretty big fans of Steam.

I would love to see Dragon Age 2 back on Steam someday. Also, the new one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Mann Co price for TF2 keys is $2.50.
Steam Community Market price for TF2 keys is currently $2.15 (it was as low at $1.80 during the Summer sale due to the special crates being dropped that used a special key instead of the regular crate key)
I see. But it's still not cheap enough, and the difference is minimal.

Rionaa for Backstabbing, I believe you have to be directly behind them with no space in between you and the enemy.
You cant be moving when you stab either, let go of the stick and hit rb.
I didn't know about having to stand still, thanks!

And is it normal that I sometimes fail to perform a kick or jumping attack?

Firelink Shrine, the main hub area you start at after the Asylum.. You know when you go up those stairs and there are a handful of like level 1 undead just hanging out? They're not bad for practicing on (although the ones outside the chapel are better IMO).

And yeah, most enemies are bound by the same mechanics you are. They'll parry and backstab you, too.
Oh, the very beginning after the tutorial. Yeah, I tried practicing a bit of parrying on the area around the next bonfire, guess I should keep doing it a little longer.

Shrine is Firelink Shrine I guess, the very first area :)

For backstabs, you have to exit out of lock on (not sure if it's necessary, but I find it a lot easier that way). Just keep locked-on, circle around the enemy until they try attacking and get vulnerable, and if you managed to dodge that and can get behing them quickly press RS to de-lock and RB to backstab.
You can stealth some enemies if they're not facing you and you go near them while walking slowly, but you do have to get fairly close and press RB before they turn around. Basically they turn around as soon as you get within the backstab range so you can quickly press RB as soon as they start moving and still land the backstab.

For parries, yeah, LB and if the enemy is stunned and you hear the sound effect, press RB to counterattck. The timing isn't super severe but you do have to do it right away and you must be real close. Not all attacks can be parried either, you should practice against sweeps rather than thrusts.
This is very useful stuff, thanks a lot!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
This morning outta nowhere BHK3 gifted me a copy of Spelunky. I know this isn't quite as valuable, but I wanted to pay the kindness forward somehow.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Swapper -- MB-7AFB3018F4D2065E - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo

Dolor

Just finished The Walking Dead. Quite good. Better than I expected it to be. Wish the cards weren't so expensive or I'd level up its badge a bit too.

And... my percentage of completed games went from 16% to 17%! I'm on a roll.

Sober

Just finished The Walking Dead. Quite good. Better than I expected it to be. Wish the cards weren't so expensive or I'd level up its badge a bit too.

And... my percentage of completed games went from 16% to 17%! I'm on a roll.
Lucky SOB, you only have 100 games!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
let me ask you this--have you purchased all of tell-tale's CSI games? if not, why not? if so, do you really think you should be blind-buying telltale's make-work licensed stuff?

*makes note* From the looks of things Ubi hasn't released a CSI game since 2010, so time is probably ticking.

Edit: The games are twice the price on Steam AU. No wonder I missed them during the Summer Sale.

Megasoum

Banned
wow...somehow I always thought that Condemned was not a steam release. Might grab it for that price. I played a bit of it on 360 when it came out but never finished it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What?

That is the same guy who stole a copy of Rogue Legacy from this thread during the summer sale.
Yeah, I read about that after the fact. I'm sure that earned him a spot on more than a few people's blacklists, so I figured I'd tell the thread about this awesome thing he did because IMO it more than makes up for the asshole thing he did.

YMMV, of course.

Browsing through my Steam list and I forgot I'd purchased Cart Life.

Have the game breaking bugs been fixed yet? The official forums seem to consist of spam at present and no mention on the creators Twitter, but beginning to get impatient actually.

Was a great title when I played it, but utterly unplayable if the cash register bug is going to continuously occur - hard to believe it got so much praise when these issues seem fairly widespread.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
let me ask you this--have you purchased all of tell-tale's CSI games? if not, why not? if so, do you really think you should be blind-buying telltale's make-work licensed stuff?
TTG made some CSI games? Do they have "Baba O' Riley", "Won't get fooled again" and "Who are you"? If so, I want them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This morning outta nowhere BHK3 gifted me a copy of Spelunky. I know this isn't quite as valuable, but I wanted to pay the kindness forward somehow.
Wow, looks like he finally got over his Rage.

Thanks a lot for the giveaway. I hope everyone here has terrible luck today so I can win.

Grief.exe

From the latest Wasteland project update. Wasteland 1 getting a separate release on GOG/Steam.

Apparently all backers were already getting a copy for free, I did not know that. Now it is a separate entry entirely, and they are going to sell the original game as well.

Wasteland 1 getting a separate release!

As you may know, we had a deal in place with EA to give all our Wasteland 2 backers (including late backers) a copy of Wasteland 1, which was to be integrated and launched from the game’s menu like the original Bard’s Tale trilogy into the new Bard’s Tale. We very happy about that, as we’ve always wanted to enable people to get back to the original, and it serves as a good refresher for the sequel.

We recently went to talk with EA to try and get it out in a different, separate format, and they accommodated our idea. We’ve now inked a new deal where we’ll be able to release Wasteland 1 separately. After getting the game in our hands and ensuring it runs on modern machines, we plan to distribute it FOR FREE to all our backers before Wasteland 2’s release, as well as sell it on GOG.com and Steam for anyone else interested in trying out this classic RPG.

In other news, I finally bit the bullet and got my computer connected over Ethernet.

I went out and picked up a concrete/masonry drill bit, cut through the house, fished the cable, liberally applied caulk, and now I'm connected.
I contacted my landlord before I did all of this of course.

My router is really old, and the wireless strength isn't so good. Where the cable actually came into the house was literally at the opposite end from my office, so my connection was pretty poor.
Went from about 800kb/s

d0pGayL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom