• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I used the 25% code on Ducktales and it came out to be around $11. I added Condemned to my cart and I added the 20% code and it's only around $10....so I think the codes are basically stacked

EDIT: Nevermind, they fixed it

Grief.exe

I used the 25% code on Ducktales and it came out to be around $11. I added Condemned to my cart and I added the 20% code and it's only around $10....so I think the codes are basically stacked

EDIT: Nevermind, they fixed it

You should have kept adding and checked out.

fantomena

Speedtest.net battle?

2891121961.png

Im using wireless now over 50 metres from my router, so I think it can be better

drizzle

Axel Hertz
My router is really old, and the wireless strength isn't so good. Where the cable actually came into the house was literally at the opposite end from my office, so my connection was pretty poor.
Went from about 800kb/s

Hey dog, Wireless is piss poor. Only worth for checking emails on tablets and shit like that.

No wonder we were having problems on the Castle Crashers stream. You were on Wifi? Cmon now... :D

God thing you manned up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should be counting down the weeks until I'm on fibre, but my area's ready-for-service date was pushed back from this November to next February, and then again to Q4. For now I have to put up with this:

crapadslphuzy.jpg

On the bright side, I don't have a download limit, but it's a moot point as the total cost for the connection (plan + mandatory line rental) is $100, and if I were on fibre, I'd be paying the very same amount for 100Mb down/40Mb up with a monthly quota of 1TB.

Edit: I can churn to an unlimited ADSL2+ plan at another cheap-and-somewhat-nasty ISP, which would bump up my upload to ~1Mbit, but I need to time it correctly so I'm not charged another, unnecessary month by current ISP. It's something I plan on doing within the next month or two. Said plan is $10 cheaper, too, which is a nice bonus.

DTKT

From the latest Wasteland project update. Wasteland 1 getting a separate release on GOG/Steam.

Apparently all backers were already getting a copy for free, I did not know that. Now it is a separate entry entirely, and they are going to sell the original game as well.

In other news, I finally bit the bullet and got my computer connected over Ethernet.

I went out and picked up a concrete/masonry drill bit, cut through the house, fished the cable, liberally applied caulk, and now I'm connected.
I contacted my landlord before I did all of this of course.

My router is really old, and the wireless strength isn't so good. Where the cable actually came into the house was literally at the opposite end from my office, so my connection was pretty poor.
Went from about 800kb/s

d0pGayL.png

That's an insane increase. You went from 800 kilobits to 6400 kilobits. That's crazy.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Everyone knows the Nordics and universities are excluded from speedtest battles. Dems the rules.

I'm from Brazil and I'm on home fiber:

2891141620.png

Did I do good?

Fucking bullshit upload this is almost unacceptable. Except it's like 5 times better than the alternative.

edit: WIRELESS IS FOR CHUMPS!

HoosTrax

Remind me again why the US has such shitty internet?

2891140890.png

I mean it probably has at least something to do with the cost of stringing all that cable over a relatively large area of land, but still, come on, could we modernize our telecom infrastructure a bit?

Eanan

Look at these super speeds that im getting, ive lived with these for years..

2891142882.png

50mb coming in a few weeks though.

Just got a email stating my Oculus Rift is going to ship within the next 1-2 days

peter-parker-dance.gif

Edit:
2891155361.png

I have Uverse in Texas. Awful, slow speeds for high cost but for whatever reason the family sticks with them. Believe my dad gets a discount through work. We never actually get that download speed either, really need to talk to them about switching or calling ATT and complaining.

JaseC

Fun fact: Backing up my collection of Saoirse gifs to "the cloud" would take more than four hours with my current connection.
(Doing the same with my avatars would take just over 16 minutes.)

Just got a email stating my Oculus Rift is going to ship within the next 1-2 days

peter-parker-dance.gif

I'm greatly anticipating the consumer version. 1080p VR goodness. The first thing I'll be doing when it's in my hands is firing up Mirror's Edge just to jump off a building.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey guys how long would it take you to download your Steam library on your connection and, if you were paying by the mb, how much would it theoretically cost?

JaseC

The Van Helsing game on sale...is it any good?

All the impressions I've come across have expressed pleasant surprise at just how solid it is. The campaign is also rather meaty, too: I recall one GAFer saying he was around 15 hours in and had yet to finish it.

Question about Guacamole, is the game supposed to move lightning speed or is something wrong with my computer. Rogue Legacy randomly started moving lightning speed as well, so that is why I am presuming something is up with my computer.

Try either disabling or enabling your vsync. Saw this mentioned earlier while browsing around for a previous issue. Seems to have fixed it for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom