• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
MbmDY6z.png

There's talent in this thread.

Anustart

148 hours of playtime later, I have acquired the Platinum God achievement in Binding of Isaac. Great game, taking a break from this game for a while, phew.

But he is a target, which is fine for that particular achievement.

Are you referring to the no kill achievement? You have to non-lethally deal with even the targets I believe.

Edit: Confused the ghost achievement with the no kill one, nevermind!

I did both in one playthough, so I'm not sure how that works out. As long as you kill him without being seen by his troops it shouldn't be an issue I'd imagine.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just beat Guacamelee. Great game, hell of a lot tougher then I was expecting though, some of the platforming sequences in there are really damn tricky.

Eanan

Does anyone have the link to that hilariously bad kickstarter game about escaping from a prison where the guy is looking for $65k. It puts bad rats to shame in the awful ranks. Im looking to show a mate and cant find it online. The "developer" was called Crystal Dimensions Keys or something.

Dingotech

148 hours of playtime later, I have acquired the Platinum God achievement in Binding of Isaac. Great game, taking a break from this game for a while, phew.

Massive respect! There are a heap of achievements that intimidate me quite a bit....

But then again for hours I didn't think I would even get past mom, and then the heart, but I'm 10 kills past that point.

Exuro

Just beat Guacamelee. Great game, hell of a lot tougher then I was expecting though, some of the platforming sequences in there are really damn tricky.
How long is it? Was interested ever since I saw it at one of the playstation things at my university.

Eanan

Does anyone have the link to that hilariously bad kickstarter game about escaping from a prison where the guy is looking for $65k. It puts bad rats to shame in the awful ranks. Im looking to show a mate and cant find it online. The "developer" was called Crystal Dimensions Keys or something.

Found it. For those that havent seen it, have a look: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2010618696/dkss-reality-death-maze

You'll get a few laughs out of it anyway at least.

Anustart

Massive respect! There are a heap of achievements that intimidate me quite a bit....

But then again for hours I didn't think I would even get past mom, and then the heart, but I'm 10 kills past that point.

Yeah I was the same. Got this during the summer sale, couldn't even make it to mom for a couple days :/

Turfster

That is only for Clean Hands, not Ghost. Saving the latter for a subsequent play through.

Maybe I will go back and pick pocket Granny Rags instead of choking her out initially. Apparently that sometimes triggers a death.

No, I'm pretty sure there's a bug where the other assassins "notice" when you take out Daud, even if you do it stealthily. (or at least there were a couple of cases with bugs like that for certain NPCs)

Grief.exe

No, I'm pretty sure there's a bug where the other assassins "notice" when you take out Daud, even if you do it stealthily.

At the end of the level I got the Ghost, but I had one death on my hands.

I think I'm going to try it again, but go about the Granny Rags situation differently. I have been reading that there are weird glitches associated with that one.

EDIT: Wait, I think I forgot. It counts that I killed someone but I should still be fine for the Ghost achievement. I think the same thing came up after the Pendleton mission. I think I am just being paranoid.

I killed Daud, which counts as a kill during the mission, but I am still good for the ghost achievement since he was a target.

I really appreciate that they put some non-trivial platforming in the game from the very beginning. It's nowhere close to SMB levels of hard, but it also doesn't treat the player like a baby.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just pushed version 4.1 of Enhanced Steam to Google so Chrome users should be getting it soon. Here is the changelog:

• Adds automatic language settings detection
  • Adds marketplace transaction summary to market homepage
  • Fixes a bug where coupons were showing incorrect expiration dates
  • Optimized some code for faster loading
  • Adds a "Remove from wishlist" button the app page of wishlisted items

As always, let me know if you have any problems!

deejay

Another giveaway for Electronic Super Joy:

QUOTE=ModBot]Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A07CC0F6A2805443 - Taken by The_Monk[/QUOTE]

Once again, good luck :)

The_Monk

Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam this Month? This is great, I need to play that game.

Thanks for posting fellow GAFfer!

Edit: Thank you very much deejay, very kind of you.

Crayons

Banned
Another giveaway for Electronic Super Joy:

QUOTE=ModBot]Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A07CC0F6A2805443 - Taken by The_Monk

Question about this game, it looked very interesting to me but then I saw it had Zero DRM. What is that, exactly?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'd like to give away multiple games in a raffle via ModBot, but users only being allowed to enter for a single game is a bit...restrictive. I agree with entrants only being allowed to win one game/key per giveaway, but it'd be nice to allow eligibility for a second or third choice, particularly when there is one highly-desirable game that many entrants will prioritize.

...Maybe someone will recognize bits of this approach from a giveaway I did last September, where I asked people to email me with a prioritized list of the games they were interested in; this way they could at least get something even if it wasn't their first choice. This turned out to be hilariously unmanageable because I had no idea how many emails I was in for or how quickly they'd pour in. Running another giveaway of that sort would be waaaay more feasible if I could just use ModBot ...because then I wouldn't have to develop my own application and hope that end users a.) don't game the system by entering their five DOTA alts and b.) actually fill out the form properly (ha ha ha).

The_Monk

No problem :) No guarantees though, but if all goes well it should be released in 2-3 weeks from now.

I'm more than okay with that release date fellow GAFfer. It seems it could be a time sink, I'm curious to see how I would make all those budget decisions.

I did, a couple of months ago.

If you want an opinion on the game because it's currently on sale, I'm not sure it is worth it even at that price.
The game is very short, and it isn't much of a game honestly, it's more like an "experience".
The gameplay only consists of progressing through the levels, coming across some situations and deciding what you think happened.
Your decisions then affect the development of the story, so most of the interest resides in restarting the game and taking different decisions to see how it unfolds each time.
Also, the game isn't scary despite what the trailer might try to make you think.

thanks for your impressions, think I will pass.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'd like to give away multiple games in a raffle via ModBot, but users only being allowed to enter for a single game is a bit...restrictive. I agree with entrants only being allowed to win one game/key per giveaway, but it'd be nice to allow eligibility for a second or third choice, particularly when there is one highly-desirable game that many entrants will prioritize.

...Maybe someone will recognize bits of this approach from a giveaway I did last September, where I asked people to email me with a prioritized list of the games they were interested in; this way they could at least get something even if it wasn't their first choice. This turned out to be hilariously unmanageable because I had no idea how many emails I was in for or how quickly they'd pour in. Running another giveaway of that sort would be waaaay more feasible if I could just use ModBot ...because then I wouldn't have to develop my own application and hope that end users a.) don't game the system by entering their five DOTA alts and b.) actually fill out the form properly (ha ha ha).

Could just do a google doc spreadsheet, open applications for a set number of minutes via PM. Person includes their username and their top game choices, then use RNG to determine who gets what game, allowing for the alternate eligibility.

Kinda messy though heh

mannerbot

Can't you just run one ModBot giveaway for each game, and then post all of the quoted PMs or whatever all at once in the same post? Of course there's the chance that a person could win everything and it doesn't take preferences into account, but it'd be less work for you than e-mails.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

Rules for this Giveaway:

DEFCON, Multiwinia, Darwinia, and Uplink Steam key -- MB-B11E88EBB14657D8 - Taken by RS4-
defcon and uplink are nice

First time giving game away, hope I did this right.

Bought the Amazon Immortal Pack and it comes with Arkham City which I already own.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-5736E923F7637210 - Taken by Deadbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom