• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah didnt see they had a deal. Still gonna miss those preorder bonuses.

Any issue with ordering from NA?

Adquira esta Pré-venda e ganhe:

Saints Row IV
Atualização gratuita para Commander in Chief Edition. Essa edição inclui:
Arma 'merica
Avião Screaming Eagle
Terno do Tio Sam

At the very least it comes with the Commander in Chief Edition bonus. Not sure about ordering from NA, never done it myself. However, I've known gaffers who have with little problem. You just need to have a BR address or something *wink, wink*:p

Fireblend

Banned
Anyone know at what time the Spelunky daily challenge resets? It might have already changed but I tried playing a couple of hours ago and it still said I'd already played today's daily challenge :(

Tenrius

Any progress towards bringing these great new Enhanced Steam features to Firefox? I understand there's been some sort of hiccup with Mozilla, but is it likely to be resolved any time soon?

Echoplx

Anyone know at what time the Spelunky daily challenge resets? It might have already changed but I tried playing a couple of hours ago and it still said I'd already played today's daily challenge :(

It reset around an hour ago, I've already tried and failed at it lol

Cth

Grabbed Guacamelee, Dunder is awesome.

Game is so stylish and fun too.

Any idea what's up with the spreadsheet?

For the last two days it seems to have trouble saving.. every time I see an empty spot, it won't save my reservation.

Any ideas? Already PM'd Dunder, but didn't wanna be a pain.

Crayons

Banned

For the last two days it seems to have trouble saving.. every time I see an empty spot, it won't save my reservation.

There's been some issues with the spreadsheet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any progress towards bringing these great new Enhanced Steam features to Firefox? I understand there's been some sort of hiccup with Mozilla, but is it likely to be resolved any time soon?

Most of the issues with Mozilla are over now (see the extension page, it's no longer "experimental") so updates should arrive more quickly.

Moreover, Mozilla finally added cross-domain content scripting support in Firefox 24 (currently in beta) which allows for nearly all of the Chrome features to make it to Firefox. If you're using Firefox 24+ with Enhanced Steam 3.7 you'll see a few things that those with Firefox < 24 don't see.

That being said, I've been busy with some family duties this week (and this weekend) and haven't had a chance to work on Enhanced Steam much. Updates for Firefox are definitely in the works though!

Anustart

Jumped on Super Hexagon for a bit to try and become frustrated but ended up victorious! Beat my high score on Hexagonest, brought it from 36 seconds to 62. One achievement left....

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I was bored and decided to try Bleed. What a good idea that was. The game is awesome!

At times there's too much stuff on screen at the same time, and it's a bit hard even on Medium, but I'm liking it a lot. I already got to the 4th level.

For some strange reason, the pre-level screens remind me of Jamestown. Same devs, by any chance?

Lain

No idea. I had the google spreadsheet open from the morning, tonight saw some copies of Guacamelee available so placed a comment for one of them and it just worked.

vermadas

Dyad > me. Opened up everything through Eye of the Duck and have 3 stars in half of the levels, but can only manage to beat 3 trophy levels. Shit is hard as fuck.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah just picked up Spelunky and Papers, Please!

Can't wait to get home and play them. ><

KarmaCow

I was kinda disappointed that Guacamelee underutilized its traversal metroid-esque powerups outside of one extra zone to get an orb but the DLC challenges have some devious puzzles. It's about half combat, half platforming but I'm enjoying both. I don't think I'll do a hard mode run anytime soon, especially since I got all the collectables on my normal run but I'm going to try for the gold in all the challenges.

Kuroyume

Banned
Shadow Warrior is awesome. Scary how long it take me to finish a level. All the hand holding of recent gen FPS have made me forget how to play these old school games. So many hidden switches and areas. You have to explore everywhere to complete a level. Also digging the humor. Nothing that has made me laugh but it does make me happy though. Doesn't take itself seriously.

Shadow Warrior is awesome. Scary how long it take me to finish a level. All the hand holding of recent gen FPS have made me forget how to play these old school games. So many hidden switches and areas. You have to explore everywhere to complete a level. Also digging the humor. Nothing that has made me laugh but it does make me happy though. Doesn't take itself seriously.

I just beat it
on easy
. Will definitely be returning though, I had a lot of fun with it.

Grief.exe

Use the rule MULTIENTRY to allow people to enter for and win multiple games in the same giveaway or raffle. I added this rule primarily so that I could raffle off all the unused keys from over the last month with maximum efficiency. Obviously any kind of raffle + any kind of NOWINNERS + MULTIENTRY will allow people to enter for all the keys, but only win one.

Also note that the NOWINNERS rule no longer exists; the choices are NOWINNERSDAILY NOWINNERSWEEKLY NOWINNERSMONTHLY

Keep up the good work stump!

All of Grief's updates make me excited to play through AA again when it finally hits.

I'm very excited to play through AC and Bioshock 2/Minerva's Den for the First time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone know when groupees will be giving out the guncraft steam keys from be mine 8?

On the Steam forums the dev said:

All Key's have been given to all distributors. We are working hard to make sure all previous buyers get their Steam keys. Please be patient we are working night and day to make sure you are all getting a great experience.

and

Just to reiterate. I can personally say that all keys were given to the other distributors and everyone should be getting them. I do not have an ETA right now, but it is already in the works

So it's not really clear but the code should be coming soon to either Groupees or Desura.

If you're about to play Fez on Steam...

Renaud Bédard said:
Wow, uh, as of today I get a hard crash with no exception when querying Steam leaderboards? That's not good...

Renaud Bédard said:
If the game crashes in the main menu after choosing the save file, that's an issue that just started happening, I'm looking into it.

Renaud Bédard said:
Basically, if you want to play the Steam version of FEZ right now, I suggest you disable Steamworks with --no-steamworks as a launch option.

I think someone here was hit with this bug earlier today (fella with the Sayid avatar if I remember correctly).

D3RANG3D

Got some keys to give away quote to grab em.

Kings Bounty The Legend

Kings Bounty Armored Princess

Space Pirates and Zombies

Edit
All taken

Turfster

And yet they still won't accept my rapelayvania made entirely in a Windows 95-era MSPaint being emulated in WINE. =/

Reading this sentence is very bad when I'm still in game prototyping mode. You don't want to imagine the really horribad ideas this brought up. Thanks, morningbus!

oipic

Four posts in fifty minutes or so? Steam thread is sleeping, I guess.

Kudos to jshackles (in general terms, really, for EVERYTHING), but in particular right now for the 'card drops remaining' indicator added via Enhanced Steam.

With 170-odd still to drop, at, say, intervals of 30 minutes or so, I now know that I have roughly 3.5 days of play-time
idling?
ahead of me to catch up. Thanks, mate (I think!).

Turfster

With 170-odd still to drop, at, say, intervals or 30 minutes or so, I now know that I have roughly 3.5 days of play-time
idling?
ahead of me to catch up. Thanks, mate (I think!).

Jesus christ. Please tell me you haven't had any drops before or something... I don't think I've had 170 drops since the beginning of the beta... or maybe just barely.

oipic

Jesus christ. Please tell me you haven't had any drops before or something... I don't think I've had 170 drops since the beginning of the beta... or maybe just barely.

I sold about $25 worth of the things during the beta (no foils, thanks again, Gabe), purchased a couple in order to craft the Don't Starve badge (to get myself to level 10 - when that was still worth something), and yet still have another 80 or so still sitting in my inventory, somehow...with yeah, those 170 still to drop. Guess I should sell 'em, or something.

Turfster

I sold about $25 worth of the things during the beta (no foils, thanks again, Gabe), purchased a couple in order to craft the Don't Starve badge (to get myself to level 10 - when that was still worth something), and yet still have another 80 or so still sitting in my inventory, somehow...with yeah, those 170 still to drop. Guess I should sell 'em, or something.

Now I feel bad... I want more potential free money, Gaben!
(I also don't want to think about what your initial investment would be for that many drops ;)

Salsa

i2XcKbWp4Jxpx.PNG

fuckin Sheva AI, worst time to take a nap

oipic

Now I feel bad... I want more potential free money, Gaben!
(I also don't want to think about what your initial investment would be for that many drops ;)

I'm no Xelios or Jase, by a long shot. :)

My Steam profile page states that I have only 290 games... I guess it's just that many of them happen to have had cards added. I can state with a very clear conscience that no games have been purchased solely to chase cards! :)

Turfster

My Steam profile page states that I have only 290 games... I guess it's just that many of them happen to have had cards added. I can state with a very clear conscience that no games have been purchased solely to chase cards! :)

That's... less games than I have, so I guess you're luckier than I am. (Hell, almost everyone is luckier than I am.) Purchasing games solely for cards has given me some jewels, but also some big stinkers. The jewels were usually cheaper ;)

oipic

That's... less games than I have, so I guess you're luckier than I am. (Hell, almost everyone is luckier than I am.) Purchasing games solely for cards has given me some jewels, but also some big stinkers. The jewels were usually cheaper ;)

Right place, right time, I suppose - I was lucky enough to snare ~$1 each for a whole bunch of ordinary cards back in the heady days of the beta. Good times, good times...

Swings and roundabouts, I guess... the booster packs I've received have been practically worthless, so much so that they're still rotting away in my inventory, I think.

I'm sure someone at Valve is actively plotting gold foil cards, or the 'Series 2' drops as we speak - they are puppet-masters of the highest order, gotta give them that. I tried explaining hats and the TF2 'economy' to an oblivious console gamer the other day, and his head exploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom