• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Could just do a google doc spreadsheet, open applications for a set number of minutes via PM. Person includes their username and their top game choices, then use RNG to determine who gets what game, allowing for the alternate eligibility.

Kinda messy though heh
I can handle the programming stuff. But you've seen how people have such trouble figuring out how to fill in Dunder's worksheet; I'd rather keep it simple so they can just PM Modbot rather than having to fill in their GAF username and their Steam community URL and any other verification plus antispam stuff (...and if I wanted to automate winnings at all I'd probably want an email address, which is something of a trust issue)

Can't you just run one ModBot giveaway for each game, and then post all of the quoted PMs or whatever all at once in the same post? Of course there's the chance that a person could win everything and it doesn't take preferences into account, but it'd be less work for you than e-mails.
This...could actually work. I wasn't really as concerned about honoring preferences as I was the multiple eligibility thing. Setting one of the nowinners rules would probably definitely prevent one person from winning multiple games; I'd have to go back and look at that one 24-hour giveaway that went a little awry to be sure... since it'd technically be like thirty different giveaways ending at slightly different times instead of just one.

Thank you for helping me think out of the box a bit.

Grief.exe

Why theres been more gestation?

This has been the largest update recently, they have been updating AC/AA just about every day since then.

5456a41d4076244a6c593cbb260c3384493a7727.jpg

Huge news! This is, honestly, probably one of the largest pieces of evidence we have seen yet.

This update just went through for Arkham City

less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyonlaunch_macos – 0
less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyinmenu_macos – 0
less than a minute ago Changed changenumber – 259930 › 259939
9 minutes ago Removed cddbfingerprint – -693650002
9 minutes ago Changed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation –
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp200260\SteamKey › HKEY_CURRENT_USER

They turned off showing cd key on launch, which is a necessity for GFWL games.

From what I can tell, they also completely removed where the CD Key was previously stored. If they remove the key, then Securom's registry entry cannot reference it properly for activation limits. Need a little more evidence on this one.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM.

Thread: Steam Versions Batman:AA/AC & Bioshock 2 Adding Achievements, Removing GFWL/Securom?

iQ1GVeUAf8Abk.gif

The_Monk

Never too late--I can set it to randomize if anyone else has a great submission.

It would be nice to be a gif changing the picture one second after one second but that can give you much more work fellow GAFfer.

Something like this (one of them was made by fellow GAFfer SalsaShark and the other by me, in another Steam thread)

mj2oJ.gif

Nillansan

Skullgirls Beta Keys

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Skullgirls Beta Steam keys (They should be good until August 22nd). To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls Beta Key 2 -- MB-3259C4AEF70FF62F - Taken by Volotaire
Skullgirls Beta Key 1 -- MB-F052A8865EA15532 - Taken by alr1ght

The_Monk

Watching a Stream just to take a quick look on Papers, please and loving the game, and this one could also work well with the Vita.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thank you for helping me think out of the box a bit.

Use the rule MULTIENTRY to allow people to enter for and win multiple games in the same giveaway or raffle. I added this rule primarily so that I could raffle off all the unused keys from over the last month with maximum efficiency. Obviously any kind of raffle + any kind of NOWINNERS + MULTIENTRY will allow people to enter for all the keys, but only win one.

Also note that the NOWINNERS rule no longer exists; the choices are NOWINNERSDAILY NOWINNERSWEEKLY NOWINNERSMONTHLY

The_Monk

The giant bomb quick look really sold me on the full version. Any hint of a sale and I'm on it.

Yes, guess I'll bite when the price drop a little fellow GAFfer. This is what I'm talking about when creating a different game. I like to play all genres and every now and then I like to have something a little bit different.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to give away multiple games in a raffle via ModBot, but users only being allowed to enter for a single game is a bit...restrictive. I agree with entrants only being allowed to win one game/key per giveaway, but it'd be nice to allow eligibility for a second or third choice, particularly when there is one highly-desirable game that many entrants will prioritize.

...Maybe someone will recognize bits of this approach from a giveaway I did last September, where I asked people to email me with a prioritized list of the games they were interested in; this way they could at least get something even if it wasn't their first choice. This turned out to be hilariously unmanageable because I had no idea how many emails I was in for or how quickly they'd pour in. Running another giveaway of that sort would be waaaay more feasible if I could just use ModBot ...because then I wouldn't have to develop my own application and hope that end users a.) don't game the system by entering their five DOTA alts and b.) actually fill out the form properly (ha ha ha).
Yeah, I remember! You had given me Bit.Trip Runner and Limbo, if I'm not mistaken. To be honest, I didn't envy you when you had to go through your inbox reading every request one by one, lol

It's been a while, but I'm still thankful for that :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
He bought Thomas Was Alone. The man has great taste in my book.

Also, I've heard that he may come to my country for a conference. Hope it's true!

EDIT: guys, don't let me double post! Please post a little faster :/

FAKE EDIT 2: just got a Gratuitous Space Battles foil card. Which is selling for $0.39...

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Use the rule MULTIENTRY to allow people to enter for and win multiple games in the same giveaway or raffle. I added this rule primarily so that I could raffle off all the unused keys from over the last month with maximum efficiency. Obviously any kind of raffle + any kind of NOWINNERS + MULTIENTRY will allow people to enter for all the keys, but only win one.

Also note that the NOWINNERS rule no longer exists; the choices are NOWINNERSDAILY NOWINNERSWEEKLY NOWINNERSMONTHLY
tumblr_inline_mqx27fq5Fl1qc9lhz.gif

...I can see that it wasn't really my request that led you to add this functionality, but AAAH I'M SO GEEKED ABOUT THIS! Thank you.
It's been a while, but I'm still thankful for that :)
It's nice that someone remembers. :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'd like to give away multiple games in a raffle via ModBot, but users only being allowed to enter for a single game is a bit...restrictive. I agree with entrants only being allowed to win one game/key per giveaway, but it'd be nice to allow eligibility for a second or third choice, particularly when there is one highly-desirable game that many entrants will prioritize.

FWIW, I entered a giveaway the other day, the gift I requested was taken in the interim, then I tried for another game and it worked. So that's probably what you're looking for.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
FWIW, I entered a giveaway the other day, the gift I requested was taken in the interim, then I tried for another game and it worked. So that's probably what you're looking for.

Yeah, let me explain the rules;

No MULTIENTRY:
- If you send a PM with multiple entries, it will be ignored
- Non-raffle: If you enter for a game and win, you cannot enter for any other game in the giveaway. If you enter for a game and someone else got it first, the entry doesn't count and you can enter for another game
- Raffle: If you enter for a game while the raffle time has not expired, you will not be able to enter for another game. Once the raffle timer expires if there are any games left, it's treated as a non-raffle, see above.

With MULTIENTRY:
- If you send a PM with multiple entries, it will be ignored
- Non-raffle: You can enter for multiple games one at a time, subject to other rules on the giveaway.
- Raffle: You can enter for multiple games one at a time, when the raffle expires all games will be raffled according to the other rules on the giveaway. There's no "priority" so if someone has NOWINNERSDAILY and MULTIENTRY and SHORTRAFFLE, after the 15 minutes, the games will be raffled one by one in a random order, and the first you win will disqualify you from winning others. If there's MULTIENTRY and RAFFLE and no restriction on previous winners, someone could hypothetically win all the games.

One day I will understand how modbot works and can give you ladies and gentlemen my games I have left over.

Until then just add me on steam and gift them directly :p

And I went back to Dishonored Knife of Dunwall and loaded an autosave about 30 minutes out from the first mission end and I managed to get through without somehow killing someone this time. Huzzah! Don't have to repeat the whole thing.

maty

I just pushed version 4.1 of Enhanced Steam to Google so Chrome users should be getting it soon. Here is the changelog:

• Adds automatic language settings detection
  • Adds marketplace transaction summary to market homepage
  • Fixes a bug where coupons were showing incorrect expiration dates
  • Optimized some code for faster loading
  • Adds a "Remove from wishlist" button the app page of wishlisted items

As always, let me know if you have any problems!

I've been waiting for this update. Thanks jschakles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom