• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Done with my hard run on Bioshock Infinite, good times. Had fun coming up with new approaches and playing around with the vigors I didn't use so much on medium. Got all collectibles (PowerPyx has the best guide for this on Youtube), then loaded some chapters to farm whatever small number I was missing for the weapon achievements.

The ones I have left to do now are the two 1999 mode-related ones (Auld Lang Syne and Scavenger Hunt) and the ten specific to Clash in the Clouds. I think I'll leave 1999 mode for when I buy the Season Pass on a sale and tackle CitC, this way I can make use of the exclusive gear in the Early Bird Special Pack. Some of the achievements in CitC seem like they can be annoying though, I'll decide if I'll do those when I get to it.

Grief.exe

Done with my hard run on Bioshock Infinite, good times. Had fun coming up with new approaches and playing around with the vigors I didn't use so much on medium. Got all collectibles (PowerPyx has the best guide for this on Youtube), then loaded some chapters to farm whatever small number I was missing for the weapon achievements.

The ones I have left to do now are the two 1999 mode-related ones (Auld Lang Syne and Scavenger Hunt) and the ten specific to Clash in the Clouds. I think I'll leave 1999 mode for when I buy the Season Pass on a sale and tackle CitC, this way I can make use of the exclusive gear in the Early Bird Special Pack. Some of the achievements in CitC seem like they can be annoying though, I'll decide if I'll do those when I get to it.

You can actually unlock 1999 mode from the beginning.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i2XcKbWp4Jxpx.PNG

fuckin Sheva AI, worst time to take a nap

I needed a mate to help me with the final level of RE5 as AI Sheva would not do what was required of her. She's an utter disappointment.

Four posts in fifty minutes or so? Steam thread is sleeping, I guess.

Sorry, I'm back now. Something something Saoirse Ronan. Something something Ubisoft sucks. Something something Dragon's Dogma PC.

Would The Bureau: XCOM Declassified ($44.99 at 10% off + $10 Amazon credit) be the best, currently available, non-Dunder deal here?

GMG is offering $12 credit at the same price point.

The store page still doesn't state this, and I brought it to the attention of 2K's resident GAFer more than once prior to release.

Turfster

Swings and roundabouts, I guess... the booster packs I've received have been practically worthless, so much so that they're still rotting away in my inventory, I think.
Yeah, my foil investments RIGHT BEFORE THE END OF BETA weren't very good...
Sold one for a 50% loss, and I'm still stuck with one that's currently being undercut by idiots to basically 10% of what I paid for mine...

Sorry, I'm back now. Something something Saoirse Ronan. Something something Ubisoft sucks. Something something Dragon's Dogma PC.

Time for me to tag out and go to bed.

oipic

Watching the Giant Bomb quick look for Papers, Please makes me want the game even more.

So many games, but I must be strong!

Same, Grief... I've somehow managed to not splurge on any of the August Indiepocalypse titles so far... but it's been hard work.

Papers, Please looks to be a masterful bit of game making, and the GB quick look only reinforces that. The creativity of indie devs to cook up these ideas is astonishing, let alone their ability to then hit the mark so often and make wonderful games borne of those left-field ideas. 'Tis a great time to be a gamer, as clichéd as that sounds.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I know, with the Konami code right? Anyway, it was unlocked when I beat it on medium but I wanted to play on hard before it. I'm just saying I won't play it right after this last run and instead leave it for when I buy the Season Pass on the cheap.

JaseC

Yeah, the deal is over, but they replaced it with a 25% off coupon on top of the 10% discount.

GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H

Ah, nice. That still puts GMG at a slight advantage.

Edit:
Edit: For some reason, their blog for some reason doesn't list the 25% voucher as working on XCOM,, but the "Coming soon" page on the actual site advertises that it does.

I tried the code myself using Spotflux: it doesn't work. :(

Edit edit:
Just tried it and the game rounds out to exactly $33.75. Thanks.

Well, that's odd!

Milamber

Ah, the deal might be over: I came across it via Google as GMG AU isn't selling the game.

Edit: Yeah, it was a week-long deal. :(

Aww, thanks anyway. GMG would have been the way to go as I can use the cash back instantly on new games.

Yeah, the deal is over, but they replaced it with a 25% off coupon on top of the 10% discount.

GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H

Edit: For some reason, their blog for some reason doesn't list the 25% voucher as working on XCOM, but the "Coming soon" page on the actual site advertises that it does.
Just tried it and the game rounds out to exactly $33.75. Thanks.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H

Edit: For some reason, their blog for some reason doesn't list the 25% voucher as working on XCOM, but the "Coming soon" page on the actual site advertises that it does.

Excellent, will look into getting this with Kane and Lynch tomorrow.

JaseC

The Bureau is back on GMG au, but it's been Australia Tax'd. $71.95.

Great job 2k!

GMGAU-3J9MF-MUINW knocks it down to $50.37, but it's a joke considering GMG's checkout system doesn't allow codes to stack, meaning US users still get a significantly better deal. If the code could be used in conjunction with a general discount code, it'd be great, but alas the gesture is practically meaningless.

dani_dc

Are those two worth getting? Heard they were kinda bad.

Started 2 a few days ago (found a retail version for 0.99 euros and thought it might be worth the risk... after buying it for 2-3 euros a few months earlier and finding Kane & Lynch 1 inside the box), it's a fun game, nothing amazing, but entertaining enough to spend a few hours.

Does that code work for any game?

No, only for the pre-order titles on that page.

They have a 20% code that should work for most other games (with exceptions) :

GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

Lingitiz

Dragon commander is really short. I'm entirely disappointed :|

Took me about 12 hours. Certainly not lengthy for a game of it's type, but I wouldn't say it's short either.

I didn't play all that aggressively though early on and I didn't simulate a lot of battles.

maneil99

There's a skirmish mode and multiplayer but the single player is like...5-6 hours long.

I just blitzed through it in under 50 turns. I almost had all the dragon skills purchased and all the tech skills were purchased too.
I hope you got it from dunder or me not full price

JaseC

Oh, cool. Now is there a way to search by price or see all the indies on the site not just the selected ones on the main indie page?

You can search via genre and then sort the items by price. Unlike Steam, you can't just hit the search button with an empty field and sort a list of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom