• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
Maybe it takes longer on harder difficulties, but towards the end it was getting really tedious with them going HEY NEW MAP and sticking you on the same continent as the enemy capital (there's a whole shitton more uptop) but if you conquer the capital, it auto wins the game, so you just kind of capture land and make your way to the capital and once you capture it I got like 250+ tech and the game was soon over

then it's like "hey that big bad evil?
you don't actually fight him, lol just gonna crash the ship into the ground, it's k
"

talk about a letdown

Grief.exe

Papers, Please is higher on the top sellers list and has a larger concurrent than Spelunky. I never would have thought

6P3yRVB.png

Unfortunately, Guacamelee is getting lost in the shuffle. Its dropped out of the top ten and isn't even on the top 100 games list.

Lingitiz

Maybe it takes longer on harder difficulties, but towards the end it was getting really tedious with them going HEY NEW MAP and sticking you on the same continent as the enemy capital (there's a whole shitton more uptop) but if you conquer the capital, it auto wins the game, so you just kind of capture land and make your way to the capital and once you capture it I got like 250+ tech and the game was soon over

then it's like "hey that big bad evil?
you don't actually fight him, lol just gonna crash the ship into the ground, it's k
"

talk about a letdown

I didn't like the last map all that much, mostly because it was removed of any challenge. I basically just bulldozed my way to the finish. The first map was way too easy too if you survive the initial onslaught.

I really enjoyed the second map though. The game shines when you're actually under threat from multiple factions. At that point I didn't feel overpowered yet either. I really do enjoy the core of the game overall, but the campaign does have some pretty disappointing balance issues. Not enough to be a deal breaking, but upsetting nonetheless.

Papers, Please is higher on the top sellers list and has a larger concurrent than Spelunky. I never would have thought

6P3yRVB.png

Unfortunately, Guacamelee is getting lost in the shuffle. Its dropped out of the top ten and isn't even on the top 100 games list.
Maybe because it was a critical acclaimed console release so more people already have it compared to a revamped Spelunky or PC exclusive Papers, Please?

Edit: ^^Ninja'd

Addnan

6P3yRVB.png

Papers is incredible, I have just under 7 hours in it so far.

Ledsen

So I was bored and decided to try Bleed. What a good idea that was. The game is awesome!

At times there's too much stuff on screen at the same time, and it's a bit hard even on Medium, but I'm liking it a lot. I already got to the 4th level.

For some strange reason, the pre-level screens remind me of Jamestown. Same devs, by any chance?

Bleed is AWESOME indeed!!!

361758_screenshot_6_medium.jpg

Salsa

will probably start guacamelee before jumping into RE:revelations and between Spelunky sessions

so hey im doing my part

jediyoshi

Enemy Unknown didn't bomb. Bureau will, hard :/

And then there's this.

Then you are completely preordering it or waiting. I have faith 2K wouldn't budge on price if it did gangbusters or not, especially after Enemy Unknown likely opened their eyes to dat xcom brand strength.

Ledsen

+1
BLEED is amazing. Controls are super tight. Shooter platformer + bullet hell craziness + triple jumps and slow mo = epic

Yeah I have no idea why it's not a huge indie hit, seemed like no one cared when it was released... It deserves so much more :( maybe it's the genre? Run'n'guns aren't that hot I guess...

Here are my quick looks for Spelunky(played 2 hours),Papers please (played 4 hours) and Guacamelee(1 hour)

Spelunky is a good just-one-round game. Its fun but the difficulty can be really frustrating sometimes. If it doesnt grab you, you will stop playing the game. Thats probably the reason why most are not playing it even trough it was Number 1 in the store. The lack of online coop is disappointing.

Guacamelee looks and feels like a good Nintendo game. Even the Story has some typical Nintendo elements. Great funny Metroidvania game.

Papers Please is probably the best one of those 3. Its incredible how a game about denying people into your country can be so much fun. Im 4 hours in and havent seen the ending yet. And those 20 ending will take me days to get them all.

Grief.exe

KarmaCow

Yeah I have no idea why it's not a huge indie hit, seemed like no one cared when it was released... It deserves so much more :( maybe it's the genre? Run'n'guns aren't that hot I guess...

Personally it's a combination of ugly/bland art style and so many other games coming out that I never gave it a second look. It looks like something rounding out an Indie Gala bundle but I'll add it to my wishlist for later.

oipic

How can I trust your advice? For all I know you might be trying to throw me off so you can stay ahead on the leaderboards!

On that point, does Spelunky provide a 'friends' view/leaderboard for the daily challenges? If so, who is the GAFfer to beat at the moment?

Also, at the what time of day does the daily challenge reset?

Grief.exe

Did a patch push through for Fez?

Registry entry showing a change to the public build. I wonder if that is fixing some of the save game issues we have been hearing about.

Salsa

is this 2p press start thing in guacamelee seriously gonna be there for the entire game?

I dont understand why the screen has to be cut by a black bar at the top either

Echoplx

On that point, does Spelunky provide a 'friends' view/leaderboard for the daily challenges? If so, who is the GAFfer to beat at the moment?

Also, at the what time of day does the daily challenge reset?

It does but I don't think I'm friends with everyone from GAF who plays this :p

Don't know for sure but sometime around 10am AEST I think.

This is my current leaderboard

maneil99

can you do batman ao or rocksmith 2014?

edit: im actually curious since Dunder wont do those two.

Dunder cannot do Batman AO because he gets his games from russia but its region locked, and neither can I, Rocksmith is 15 keys / 32 $ ( I only take keys because its safer )

oipic

Don't know for sure but sometime around 10am AEST I think.

This is my current leaderboard

Cool, thanks, 3chopl0x - was curious as to where those of us in Aus were going to fit into the schedule... on a typical work day, that would give us on the Eastern seaboard several hours worth of scores to chase of an evening, I suppose.

(you're ahead of some good names/GAF illumni there!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom