• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

I hate this. The trading cad money is making me greedy. I have 45,49€ in trading card money and I don't want to use it on Shadow Warrior Redux. :(

just built a tunnel to the jungle. good thing too because it's so much harder than the mines. practice makes perfect and all that.
Sadly the same is true for the next area. But getting the shortcut is unbearably difficult. I've only managed 2/3 of the way. Taking items through the dark levels is just too hard.

Soi-Fong

If anyone here is interested, I have a Payday 2 key on sale for GMG for 25 bucks (+ fees for PP). A friend bought me the game and I don't need the extra key so just message me if you're interested in doing this. I should get the key fairly soon. I'm willing to go first as well.

Grief.exe

Just got a Mark of the Ninja booster pack, might as well just open the damn thing and sell the cards.
Booster Pack sells for 48 cents, cards sell for 15-17 cents each.

Wok

Has someone from Europe already ordered the gamescom headset from Valve?

alt_780.png

There is this paragraph:
Your order may be subject to additional Import/Duty Fees and/or VAT or other local taxes that are not reflected in your order total. Any such additional fees or taxes are the sole responsibility of the customer and may be charged at delivery

I know VAT is 19.6 % in France. I would like to know the amount of duty fees to ship to Europe.

The item costs $80, the VAT is $16, the shipment with FedEx costs $23, so this would cost overall $119, i.e. 90 euros. If I sell the dota 2 item, the price is still quite acceptable for a decent headset.

Grief.exe

There is this paragraph:

I know VAT is 19.6 % in France. I would like to know the amount of duty fees to ship to Europe.

The item costs $80, the VAT is $16, the shipment with FedEx costs $23, so this would cost overall $119, i.e. 90 euros. If I sell the dota 2 item, the price is still quite acceptable for a decent headset.

Don't do it.

How much does the Dota 2 item sell for?

Grief.exe

If I am not mistaken, 70 euros, which means I would get the headset for 20 euros plus the duty fees.

That's crazy to me that the item costs almost as much as the base cost of the headset.

I feel like that is a money laundering scheme if you are going to buy Steam wallet cards anyways. Buy a few headsets, use the code, sell it on ebay.

There is this paragraph:

Since it depends on the country I can't help you exactly, but in Germany the charges would look like this:

Price of item including shipping
+ x% import/duty fees, depending on what kind of item it is
-------------------------
+ x% VAT on all of the above.

Since it will be charged on delivery by FedEx, they may charge you another fee for the "service" of going through customs for you.

Bottom line is, it'll probably be more expensive than you think.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just got a Mark of the Ninja booster pack, might as well just open the damn thing and sell the cards.
Booster Pack sells for 48 cents, cards sell for 15-17 cents each.
Just got one too and I'm contemplating doing the same.

I lost all of my Dead Ninjas skills over the last month.

Or it could be that Saturn pad > 360 controller for this game.

In that case, I will need to play at the desk and not at the TV. Boo.

FedEx should be the one collecting the VAT + their own fees.

Carriers like UPS, TNT, FedEx have an agreement with the customs. They pay the import fees in advance, and then you have to pay them back to get your parcel. And you always pay VAT on the shipment cost, no matter which carrier you use, that's the rule.

And for the VAT in France, enjoy this "low" rate, it's gonna be 20% in 2014.

Soi-Fong

Sigh

Download DayZ Commander for the mod, that will keep it up to date.

As for the Standalone, they have another milestone test at the end of August for the client/server. If everything passes, we will see the Standalone in early September.

The artists have been working hard on updating the map and objects while the programmers rewrite the engine. Looks gorgeous.

tumblr_mqxpuoeFrJ1rd90z0o6_1280.png

tumblr_mqxpuoeFrJ1rd90z0o8_1280.png

tumblr_mqxpuoeFrJ1rd90z0o9_1280.png

Is DayZ standalone using the engine from Arma II or Arma III?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dunder has it for $17.

He's not doing that anymore so we should probably not bring him up anymore.

For the record, if it's 27 for the standard then that's hardly a deal since the game is 29.99. Unless you're talking about the more expensive edition.

For the record, if it's 27 for the standard then that's hardly a deal since the game is 29.99. Unless you're talking about the more expensive edition.

He is still doing it through his spreadsheet. People are buying stuff every day. No reason to keep that a secret.

Crayons

Banned

He is still doing it through his spreadsheet. People are buying stuff every day. No reason to keep that a secret.

Yeah, I just bought Guacamelee and Spelunky from him yesterday.

derExperte

Can we please name the next thread 'Dunder has it cheaper!' and not mention him almost every time someone posts a deal or tries to do a 4pack? It has become somewhat annoying and may discourage people from posting these deals even though others are glad about them because they don't want to go through him.

Also for Europeans 27$ is a good price for Payday 2 as it's 30€ on Steam if you ignore the 4pack (and even then amazon.com is a little bit cheaper).

Turfster

Man, skullgirls beta is fun. The game is incredibly beautiful and vibrant, with great presentation.
Sadly, it's only reinforced what I know about me and playing fightmans: I suck at them.

Man, skullgirls beta is fun. The game is incredibly beautiful and vibrant, with great presentation.
Sadly, it's only reinforced what I know about me and playing fightmans: I suck at them.

Join the club. I somehow keep buying fighters even though I always suck at them online... I only manage to beat friends that have never played them before and just buttonmash :p

derExperte

I'm torn, the game looks so good and I want to try a fighter again sometime but 'sucking' doesn't even begin to describe how terrible I am at them. There's a big tutorial but still... maybe I'll try the PS3 demo again.

Turfster

Join the club. I somehow keep buying fighters even though I always suck at them online... I only manage to beat friends that have never played them before and just buttonmash :p

Yeah, I'll probably buy it when it's a deal during one of the sales (sorry devs your game is a beautiful baby, but I really suck too hard to be able to justify buying it full price) to play it against friends until they get better than me... which should be quick, because half my friends are fightmans experts.

Wok

Yeah, I'll probably buy it when it's a deal during one of the sales (sorry devs your game is a beautiful baby, but I really suck too hard to be able to justify buying it full price) to play it against friends until they get better than me... which should be quick, because half my friends are fightmans experts.

People think MOBA require players to invest a lot of time, but I guess fighting games are also a time investment.

Keep training, do the tutorials if you didn't and choose a character or two to stick with it, also don't be too much worried if you lost a match use it to learn what works and what don't. Play against more experienced friends/gaffers and ask them in what you can improve.

Kumubou

"Dunder has it cheaper!"

Yeah, if you can actually find what you want in stock (hint: you won't).

Sucking is the first step at sucking less at something... or something to that effect. Fighting games are hard; the trick is to find a way to enjoy the game while you're losing and learning (or you're going to have a bad time).

Skull girls has probably the best tutorial for a fighting game. It teaches you basic mechanics that are in nearly every fighting game. Learn the game and you could probably learn more fighting games later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom