• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Keep training, do the tutorials if you didn't and choose a character or two to stick with it, also don't be too much worried if you lost a match use it to learn what works and what don't. Play against more experienced friends/gaffers and ask them in what you can improve.

I did some of the tutorials after some fun arcade mode. I only quit because I ran into one I just couldn't do on my keyboard, even after trying for 5 minutes =p
Sucking is the first step at sucking less at something... or something to that effect. Fighting games are hard; the trick is to find a way to enjoy the game while you're losing and learning (or you're going to have a bad time).

Yeah, that's the other part. I don't really have the time to invest into getting better ;)

masterkajo

I got the "You have nearly sold 200 items" thing. When I click I am not from the US Valve claims they have a US address of me and I have to fill out a lot of personal information. How come they claim I live in the US? Is this just standard and I have to fill this out? I want to keep making money but as anonymous as possible.

I got the "You have nearly sold 200 items" thing. When I click I am not from the US Valve claims they have a US address of me and I have to fill out a lot of personal information. How come they claim I live in the US? Is this just standard and I have to fill this out? I want to keep making money but as anonymous as possible.

You probably used a (fake?) US address at some point in the past. A few users had the same problem. You need to open a support ticket and the process can take quite a while.

derExperte

You probably used a (fake?) US address at some point in the past. A few users had the same problem. You need to open a support ticket and the process can take quite a while.

Does a support ticket really work? There's still no one I know that has the 'used a US address once' problem and got it solved, some have been waiting for over six months. Only solution is starting another account and using that for selling.

Does a support ticket really work? There's still no one I know that has the 'used a US address once' problem and got it solved. Only solution is starting another account and using that for selling.

I don't know. I just know that they'll send you some forms that you have to fill out to verify that you do not live in the US and that the process will take a long time. Maybe it takes so long that no one actually got it fixed yet, but I don't think they're lying.

Grief.exe

Aren't they using the Take on Helicopters engine?

Yes they are.

Still RVIII, but a slightly upgraded one.

From what Rocket has been saying, it sounds like they can take DX11 features directly from ARMA III and apply them in modularly. It is just a matter of development time, and they don't have any to spare right now.

masterkajo

I never used a US address on Steam. I only used a US address on amazon.com to buy digital games as was suggested here. Worked without a problem. But Steam is non US and I am absolutely sure of that. That is why I am asking.

derExperte

I don't know. I just know that they'll send you some forms that you have to fill out to verify that you do not live in the US and that the process will take a long time. Maybe it takes so long that no one actually got it fixed yet, but I don't think they're lying.

They say they send you forms. No one has ever received them as far as I know and the support doesn't respond if asked. My theory is that it would be way too much work to do that for Valve as it would probably require specific forms for every country. So they ignore the problem.

I never used a US address on Steam. I only used a US address on amazon.com to buy digital games as was suggested here. Worked without a problem. But Steam is non US and I am absolutely sure of that. That is why I am asking.

Doesn't matter why. You got the message about the US address and now you're basically in limbo forever, welcome to the club. Open another account if you want to sell more after reaching the 200 limit or wait until it resets in January.

mneuro

Stronghold 3 Gold is the Daily. I've looked at the Stronghold games a few times before. Is Stronghold 3 worth it for $7.50?

Anustart

Started playing Thomas was Alone, game seems decent, though I can say I'm not the biggest fan of carting multiple characters through the levels.

Uiki

Yes they are.

Still RVIII, but a slightly upgraded one.

From what Rocket has been saying, it sounds like they can take DX11 features directly from ARMA III and apply them in modularly. It is just a matter of development time, and they don't have any to spare right now.

I just hope that it runs better than crappy arma 2/dayz mod engine.

Retne

I've been loving the Skullgirls beta too. They just added lobbies so I've been playing it with a friend all morning. It's been a blast and it's the first fighter I've actually tried to get good at. I'm still a scrub but I'm getting better. I'm learning all the fun stuff like hit confirming, push blocking, and DHCing.

Turfster

Started playing Thomas was Alone, game seems decent, though I can say I'm not the biggest fan of carting multiple characters through the levels.

That's sort of the whole puzzle bit, using different kinds of sizes and abilities to get to the end ;)

Storm360

Hmm, this worrys me, I've never bought anything in the US but I have used my Steam account there

Tizoc

Eh I have Anamoly on PS3 via Plus so here's the code for any who want it on Steam or whatevs
6XMRL-7X0EB-CTHCA

Please post if you've used the code.
EDIT: Schotolheim got the code, hope you enjoy it =)

HoosTrax

Seems harmless enough so far...but I'm really curious who this friend that he found me through is. He hasn't started begging me for free games or TF2 items yet, so I guess he can stay for now...
Spoke too soon. Asked me to buy him GMod because his computer has a virus that prevents him from using a browser and he has no access to any other PC...riiight...

Delete from friendslist. I wonder if he's going to go to Xelios next...

Spoke too soon. Asked me to buy him GMod because his computer has a virus that prevents him from using a browser and he has no access to any other PC...riiight...

Not a good conman, s/he could take more time to establish a base. Noobs.

DTKT

That same kid added me as well.

Seems harmless enough so far...but I'm really curious who this friend that he found me through is. He hasn't started begging me for free games or TF2 items yet, so I guess he can stay for now...

---

Ok so Guacamelee. Very enjoyable so far (I'm at the last area right now and 9 hours in). It's more of a demanding platformer than I expected, and there's at least one optional Super Meat Boy-esque section that looks like it would rival the infamous Veni Vidi Vici level from VVVVVV in terms of difficulty. It also has a bit of a fighter feel to it with the juggling and combos.

5:12 AM - SuperFrendlyDude: i wanna be just frendly that's all
5:13 AM - SuperFrendlyDude: if am i booring just tell me i will stop
5:16 AM - SuperFrendlyDude: cn i help u whit something
5:16 AM - SuperFrendlyDude: i can do whatewer u wan't
5:18 AM - SuperFrendlyDude: just don't ask me where is my dad ok
5:18 AM - Xelios: umm why not?
5:18 AM - SuperFrendlyDude: becouse i don't have one and i don't wanna talk about it

Oh man, what. This is some next level stuff.

Is there a reason why sorting badges by rarity doesn't take levels into account? You'd think a high level badge should be rarer than a level 1 badge

Wait a second,
SuperFrendlyDude
Teo London, City of, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
I am an frendly person so if i add u i will do that just for an frendship.And if u wanna add me feel free. :D
this guy never said that he is friendly, he just said that he is frendly. I assume frendship means add random people on Steam and tradebeg them on second date.

Grief.exe

I just hope that it runs better than crappy arma 2/dayz mod engine.

Seems like they shifted the majority of the load to server side, and they are only broadcasting a small set of data back to the player.

ARMA II had the client process everything on the entire map.

Grief.exe

The Swapper has such a unique style

ibpc7uAfbRP93y.png

I got this QR code in Guacamelee. As with FEZ, this is a pain to process. What is the deal with QR codes in games? It is really not funny.

You take out your phone and point it at the thing. Hardly a lot of work. Anyway, here's what the code says:

- Congratulations! You successfully identified and scanned a QR code! Great Job!

- Félicitations! QR Code Numérisées!

- Congratulazioni! Codice a barre Scansionati!

- Glückwünsche! QR Code Gescannt!

- ¡Felicidades! ¡Código QR E​escaneados!

<3 Drinkbox Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom