• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

I've forgotten what I was doing in System Shock 2 so I'm wandering aimlessly atm. I'm not too far in, I think the last thing I did was find the guy I was supposed to, he might have given me something as well, card or code I dunno. Anyone know what I should be doing?

mrgone

I've forgotten what I was doing in System Shock 2 so I'm wandering aimlessly atm. I'm not too far in, I think the last thing I did was find the guy I was supposed to, he might have given me something as well, card or code I dunno. Anyone know what I should be doing?

Screaming / repairing your guns

I managed to get Guacamelee alternate ending (which is kind of the true ending since this one ends with the credits and the other doesn't).
All I'd like to say is hot damn
that platforming segment on top of the giant tree was hard. It wasn't as frustating as some of the challenges in Hell though.

I'm hoping for more metroidvania goodness this year.

mrgone

Heh, I was just back in game swinging my wrench around so I minimized again to pop out and ask how I repair my guns lol, everythings jammed. Though I did find where I should be going which is R & D.

I know I ended up getting lost a number of times playing through the first few areas:) Repairing weapons requires repair tools and the maintenance skill, I think. It's kind of shocking how fast guns deteriorate in this game. Hold on tight to that wrench!

neoism

I still haven't gotten a booster. Kind of annoying. I have like 5 games that are "no more drops" and still nothing :(

you know I played TL2 for little bit the other day and had no more card drops but got another for some reason its the first time I played in like a week or so... I idled the game when I first got it and got all cards..:/

neoism

I know I ended up getting lost a number of times playing through the first few areas:) Repairing weapons requires repair tools and the maintenance skill, I think. It's kind of shocking how fast guns deteriorate in this game. Hold on tight to that wrench!

Man I played that game high as hell and got lost for 4 hours near the end... lol took me forever to figure out where to go... I ended up using a video guide for one section of the game shame I'm to lazy to re mod that game still glad I got it on steam though... I really should go through it again though I used the wide-screen mod and the texture pack, never really used all the other good ones..its great the game is in the right resolution too..

Anustart

What's up with repairing/hacking? From the 'tutorial' you need to randomly click squares and hope 3 of them light up? Is this random because I just destroyed a gun....

DaBoss

What's up with repairing/hacking? From the 'tutorial' you need to randomly click squares and hope 3 of them light up? Is this random because I just destroyed a gun....

You need to get 3 squares connected in a row, so either horizontally or vertically.

Grief.exe

wish there was a mod to remove the enemy respawns in ss2.

If you are revisiting a floor you can actively avoid them since you know the layout.

I usually just kept my shotgun for dealing with respawning enemies, then saved my pistol ammo for new areas and harder enemies.

Every shotgun mutant drops shotgun rounds, remember to loot them.

Grief.exe

Indiepocalypse 2013 continues.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted alpha releases on the 19th. Backers automatically get in and people can purchase access as well.

Big Robot has announced the Alpha for Sir, You Are Being Hunted will be open to all Kickstarter backers come August 19 through the Humble Store and Steam. Anyone who backed the Kickstarter or pre-ordered will instantly get the game and those who buy the game on Steam or the Humble Store will also be granted immediate access from that date as well as all future updates of the game. Sir, You Are Being Hunted is in development for Linux, Mac, and PC and is available for pre-order now.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/10/sir-you-are-being-hunted-alpha-opens-19th-august/

That would make a fucked up THE MORE YOU KNOW PSA.

Because I just thought of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

Indiepocalypse 2013 continues.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted alpha releases on the 19th. Backers automatically get in and people can purchase access as well.

eY5hKOR.jpg

Wok

2013 is the year of indies: KRZ, The Cave, Proteus, Antichamber, La-Mulana, Papo & Yo, Don't Starve, Monaco, FEZ, Dust, The Swapper, Scrolls, Gunpoint, SpyParty, 7 Grand Steps, Wyv & Keep, The Splatters, Toki Tori 2, Papers Please, Spelunky, Guacamelee, Maia. And now, Gone Home, Sir You Are Being Hunted, Brothers: a Tale of two Sons, Ethan: Meteor Hunter, Escape Goat 2, Tetrobot, Shelter, Nidhogg, Chess the Gathering, Faerie Solitaire 2, The Novelist, The Witness, Octodad, Teslagrad, Morphopolis, maybe Owlboy, etc.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Revisited Bit.Trip Runner 1 for the first time since mid-2011; it's not as difficult as I remember. It only took me 5 or 6 tries to beat the last boss again. And it's way uglier than I remember. So I maybe take back saying that I thought Bit.Trip Runner was the better game than Bit.Trip Runner 2--still wish the second game was harder, but I think it's probably the better game.

Dolor

2013 is the year of indies: KRZ, The Cave, Proteus, Antichamber, La-Mulana, Papo & Yo, Don't Starve, Monaco, FEZ, Dust, The Swapper, Scrolls, Gunpoint, SpyParty, 7 Grand Steps, Wyv & Keep, The Splatters, Toki Tori 2, Papers Please, Spelunky, Guacamelee, Maia. And now, Gone Home, Sir You Are Being Hunted, Brothers: a Tale of two Sons, Ethan: Meteor Hunter, Escape Goat 2, Tetrobot, Shelter, Nidhogg, Chess the Gathering, Faerie Solitaire 2, The Novelist, The Witness, Octodad, Teslagrad, Morphopolis, maybe Owlboy, etc.

I think every year will be the year of the indies from here on out. There's only going to be more indie developers, and the games they make are only going to get better.

Is KOF XIII an easy fighter to pick up and play ? I may buy it when it hits Steam but it's mainly to play with friends when they come to my place and they don't play fighting games at all. Are special moves easy to do ? Can it be enjoyed by someone who hasn't a single idea of what he's doing (like Tekken) ?

Is KOF XIII an easy fighter to pick up and play ? I may buy it when it hits Steam but it's mainly to play with friends when they come at my place and they don't play fighting games at all. Are special moves easy to do ? Can it be enjoyed by someone who hasn't a single idea of what he's doing (like Tekken) ?

The word is that it's actually one of the hardest.

Copons

Revisited Bit.Trip Runner 1 for the first time since mid-2011; it's not as difficult as I remember. It only took me 5 or 6 tries to beat the last boss again. And it's way uglier than I remember. So I maybe take back saying that I thought Bit.Trip Runner was the better game than Bit.Trip Runner 2--still wish the second game was harder, but I think it's probably the better game.

I've revisited, and finally finished, the first Bit.Trip Runner after forever.
At the time, I just completed the first world, then it got put aside in the backlog, and I don't know why I've decided to finish it now, but whatever.
I found it difficult as hell. The last three or four levels brought me memories of when I was young and I had better coordination and reflexes and I 100%ed F-Zero GX. :D

But the last boss was indeed a disappointment. One of the easiest level of the entire game, who knows why.

Anyway, I've never bought Runner 2, I don't know if I have the will to take on another challenge like that...

allansm

I've revisited, and finally finished, the first Bit.Trip Runner after forever.
At the time, I just completed the first world, then it got put aside in the backlog, and I don't know why I've decided to finish it now, but whatever.
I found it difficult as hell. The last three or four levels brought me memories of when I was young and I had better coordination and reflexes and I 100%ed F-Zero GX. :D

But the last boss was indeed a disappointment. One of the easiest level of the entire game, who knows why.

Anyway, I've never bought Runner 2, I don't know if I have the will to take on another challenge like that...

Runner 2 is not hard. It's got all the fun of the first game without the frustration. Put it on your wishlit and then buy it next time it goes on sale, you won't regret it.

Welp damn, thanks.
I wouldn't really worry about that. At low levels no fighting game is really harder than one another, I mean SF4 has some lenient inputs for specials but that's not going to make a difference for very long. If you just want to duke it out with a friend of equal abilities, KOF (and any fighting game) will do you just fine. Just go with whatever you think looks most interesting.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Is KOF XIII an easy fighter to pick up and play ? I may buy it when it hits Steam but it's mainly to play with friends when they come to my place and they don't play fighting games at all. Are special moves easy to do ? Can it be enjoyed by someone who hasn't a single idea of what he's doing (like Tekken) ?

Easy to learn, difficult to master. It's a 4-button game with inputs similar to Street Fighter. If you can have fun goofing around with friend in SF, you'll be able to do the same in KOF. It's a good game.

Copons

Runner 2 is not hard. It's got all the fun of the first game without the frustration. Put it on your wishlit and then buy it next time it goes on sale, you won't regret it.

But I actually dig frustration in games like Runner, I think it's the very foundation of their whole gameplay.
Without that, players won't really apply themselves retrying over and over again to beat that fucking part where there are 5-6 brown bouncing boxes alternating with 5-6 black ones and players start hating their lives.

Anyway, I find sincerely hilarious how the guy get hit in the crotch by every single brown bouncing box, especially those that fall without notice from above. I hope at least this one thing has been carried over to the sequel. :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Playing Aquaria, pretty good game so far and one that's actually a "metroidvania" instead of "kinda metroidvania" (I know the term's definition is loose but this one does seem to have all the elements).

I was afraid traversal would be monotonous but it gets good as soon as you're used to wall bouncing all over the place. I'm playing with a gamepad and after a couple of bosses it seems to be the best choice as far as movement goes. I thought I'd have controller problems because it wasn't working at first but thankfully it was only a matter of enabling it on AQConfig.exe. I still reach for the wireless mouse for some menu usage once in a while but it's not a big issue.

allansm

But I actually dig frustration in games like Runner, I think it's the very foundation of their whole gameplay.
Without that, players won't really apply themselves retrying over and over again to beat that fucking part where there are 5-6 brown bouncing boxes alternating with 5-6 black ones and players start hating their lives.

Before I played Runner 2, I also thought that without the frustration it wouldn't be as fun. I don't know exactly why, but somehow it still is.

Guacamelee, you guys.

Guacamelee.

It's a metroidvania with actual platforming.

The world is actually fun to traverse.

This is literally unheard of in the genre.

Vecks

After playing a few hours of Sacred Citadel, it seems kind of off, somehow. It feels too... gear and stat dependent. If I join a game where I'm underleveled, everything takes forever to kill. On the flip side, if someone really high level joins, bosses die insanely fast.

I'll probably still go through the entire thing, but I'm looking for recommendations for other online beat'em ups.

I know about Chronicles of Mystara and Castle Crashers, but are there any others?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Guacamelee, you guys.

Guacamelee.

It's a metroidvania with actual platforming.

The world is actually fun to traverse.

This is literally unheard of in the genre.
I'm looking foward to buying it when it gets a substantial deal (can't justify getting it now with my current queue).

How is the co-op btw? I'm reading it's for the entire campaign but only local, kind of a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom