• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to play for about an hour if you or anyone else want's to play some. I'm veryyyyy beginner though. It's fun practicing at this :).

I would but I have to finish this book for class so I can write a paper tomorrow. Probably shouldn't even be browsing the webs but at the very least I'll abstain from playing games or watching a film until I finish :D

Grief.exe

Do The Swapper Achievements come later or something I've played 3 hours, well over half way through the game, and haven't earned any.

Mostly just wondering if I am glitched or something.

Echoplx

Do The Swapper Achievements come later or something I've played 3 hours, well over half way through the game, and haven't earned any.

The achievement are for secrets, there's none related to the story or normal puzzles.

Turfster

The achievements are secrets. I finished the game and I didn't get a single achievement.

Nabs

I'm going to play for about an hour if you or anyone else want's to play some. I'm veryyyyy beginner though. It's fun practicing at this :).

ggs!

Yian put together a guide for those secrets. Check 'em out when you're done with the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=149739452

kevin1025

Banned
Just finished Tales From Space. Pretty fun game! The dev knows how to make some incredible visuals and have a great style. Can't wait to dive into Guacamelee/

Really liking The Swapper. The game has an incredible sense of atmosphere and the puzzles are really, really well designed. It's like someone combined Portal, Metroid, and the movie Moon and this game is the end result.

The achievements for the secret rooms are a bitch. I'm the type of person that likes to explore every single corner and so far I haven't found a single one of the secret rooms.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Really liking The Swapper. The game has an incredible sense of atmosphere and the puzzles are really, really well designed. It's like someone combined Portal, Metroid, and the movie Moon and this game is the end result.

The achievements for the secret rooms are a bitch. I'm the type of person that likes to explore every single corner and so far I haven't found a single one of the secret rooms.

You like literally have to push up on walls and stuff.

Card Boy

Banned
Guacamelee, you guys.

Guacamelee.

It's a metroidvania with actual platforming.

The world is actually fun to traverse.

This is literally unheard of in the genre.

Is it? The map looks nothing like a Metroidvania. Do you need key items to access other areas? Does it have secret areas?

Grief.exe

Is it? The map looks nothing like a Metroidvania. Do you need key items to access other areas? Does it have secret areas?

I believe you do have to collect key items and abilities to unlock new areas, but this is kept to a minimum.

If anything it could be described as a Metroidvania-lite.

I don't have the game though, this is just what I've heard from others.

omg_mjd

I've played it on Vita. Yes to both.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the existence of a parallel dimension probably qualifies it as a Metroidzeldavania.

Ughh, I was playing some XCOM:EU and suddenly I got a brown screen when the game was focusing on one of those flying fleshy things. I just tried to restart the game and load the save file and it's corrupt! I guess I'll have to wait another 2 months to forget this and give it another chance.

Salsa

played a bit of secret citadel with a friend and its a pretty competent brawler

only issue is that it didnt recognize my arcade stick, and it uses the dpad for extra stuff so idk if id be able to use it anyway

Sorry if this is a commonly asked question.

I just crafted a badge and got a coupon I don't intend to use. Is there a thread going where we can give these away?

Echoplx

glory to uruguay

2TvOvMC.png

Momentary

Banned
Joining the Marine Corps and being married has made my fighting game skills vanish. I suck at MK and Skullgirls. I'm almost too ashamed to buy KOF XIII and Ultra when they come out. Only fighting games I'm decent at are VF5FS and TTT2 and after playing a couple of the guys who I work with, I can tell my skills in those games are also out the door since I don't care to touch my consoles anymore.

I get caught up in combos in Skullgirls and I feel like I can go to the fridge and fix a drink before the combo is over. I think the problem is that I'm jumping characters and not putting in time with any of them. I think I'm going to go with Cerebella. I just can't put in time like I used to.

And to top all this off... Spelunky is whooping my ass.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Guacamelee, you guys.

Guacamelee.

It's a metroidvania with actual platforming.

The world is actually fun to traverse.

This is literally unheard of in the genre.

Not unheard of in the genre, you crazy. But it is great from what I've played so far, and you forgot to mention the combat is actually decent, unlike Dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom