• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

2TvOvMC.png

too good

Grief.exe

Giving away some more games from the Summer Sale

SS2 Mod guide: http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Just Cause -- MB-3CB574CF64D6B700 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
System Shock 2 -- MB-F338CDDD66090F0E - Taken by Yaboosh

wilflare

Not unheard of in the genre, you crazy. But it is great from what I've played so far, and you forgot to mention the combat is actually decent, unlike Dust.

Guacamelee is super awesome! Loved every single bit I played of it on the Vita.
I feel ashamed that I did not buy the DLC :/ gah

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Grief.exe

Papers, Please in the top 3 sellers on Steam is amazing. Spelunky sitting in a good place as well.

Guac is getting lost in the shuffle unfortunately, fell to the 20s.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And now I know there's a Jar Jar Ronan .gif for everything.
It's not my fault I remember these things!

Bugger if I can tell you what I had for lunch three days ago, but I can say that Valve was founded on Gabe Newell's wedding day and that Saoirse Ronan would have been the youngest actress in history to receive two Oscar nominations if the academy didn't cement itself as a bag of dicks by passing over her performance in The Lovely Bones. ;)

Edit: I thought Groupees would have Steam keys for Guncraft by now.

FloatOn

I'm losing many many hours of my life to Spelunky.

Made it to the ice caves a few times. 3 more donations to tunnel man for my short cut....

guys. this may just be the quintessential video game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey is there anyway to check if a Steamkey has been used? Got a few old bundle keys I want to check if I have given them away already or not!

Sort of:

Steam -> Change user -> Retrieve account info -> I don't know my account name -> I remember the product code I used

Unlike the product code activation form, however, this form doesn't validate the key (even typing in gibberish results in the "An e-mail has been sent ..." screen), so you'll need to check your inbox each and every time your input a code; if you don't get an e-mail, then it hasn't been activated.

This is only useful if you think you yourself have used the key, though.

Edit: Blah!

Turfster

Finished Brutal Legend. It's... really obvious they didn't make the game they wanted to make at first once you get past the second half.
Still, I got my money's worth. On to the next backlog game!

DTKT

Man, playing through Deus Ex 1 is almost too hard on my mind. Every single time I finish a level, I look up what I missed and I end with a lot of stuff. Stuff I didn't even think about doing.

The most obvious one is the interrogation sequence in UNATCO. When the Fed dude leaves Manderley's office and goes downstairs, I stayed on the same floor and got some supplies. Because of that, I missed the window where you follow him and enter the cell. From there you can directly talk to one of the prisoner and have a great conversation.

They don't make games like that anymore. Plus, it's incredibly on topic with the current situation with the NSA information collection scandal. Some of the emails and conversations are scarily accurate.

Milamber

Man, playing through Deus Ex 1 is almost too hard on my mind. Every single time I finish a level, I look up what I missed and I end with a lot of stuff. Stuff I didn't even think about doing.

They don't make games like that anymore.

Yep, Thief 4 may be on track to disappointment.

Card Boy

Banned
The most obvious one is the interrogation sequence in UNATCO. When the Fed dude leaves Manderley's office and goes downstairs, I stayed on the same floor and got some supplies. Because of that, I missed the window where you follow him and enter the cell. From there you can directly talk to one of the prisoner and have a great conversation.

I did not know this themoreyouknow.jpg

Deus Ex 1 Spoiler.
I did save Paul without a walkthrough though somehow, i never knew he could die until i read about it.
HR Spoiler.
Also saving Malek in Human Revolution is a throwback to Deus Ex 1 and Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom