• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
so the Devs on Gubcraft still are not giving steam keys out to those who ordered from other places, despite the promise everyone will get one

I'm thinking it might be time for me to try out Thief again after years of disliking it. Are there any necessary mods? Do the Steam versions work "out of the box"?

Tak3n

Banned
Uhh who said that? They are working on it.

I got told in no uncertain terms from GMG I am not getting a key, so to stop asking, I sent an email to support at exacto games, and they said GMG are incorrect...

so I am being passed from pillar to post, when in fact the fix is simple, send us the steam keys direct....

I sent proof of purchase to them, to show that I bought it, but they still said this morning, I need to wait for GMG, even though GMG have refused to send me one....

fantomena

So the new Thief have QTE, cinematic and no jumping button?

fuck-this.shit-im-out.gif

Gonna wait for a 10€ on this one while Im playing the three first Thief games.

Wok

If you own Eversion or SotMC, idle and sell the cards. For a reason I cannot explain, the cards are rare and expensive.

Milamber

Picked up The Bureau: X-Com from GMG and they sent me a Spec Ops key for the bonus and a Spec Ops key for The Bureau: X-Com.

Sent a support ticket to fix this error.

masterkajo

The Bureau: XCom declassified has now all pre-order bonuses unlocked. It seems though that the third tier won't give you giftable copies of all XCom games, unfortunately.

Momentary

Banned
Thief... You seriously can't jump when you want to? Damn. I hate to say it, but I'm more excited for Wolfenstein now.

QTE's such as gameplay finishers and stuff like that don't bother me too much. But having to press stuff during cut scenes pisses me off.

Are the Humble Bundle keys per game?

Is Saint's Row 3 as fun as it looks? I usually don't enjoy GTA style games but SR3 looks stupid to the point of awesome.

Volcynika

Is Saint's Row 3 as fun as it looks? I usually don't enjoy GTA style games but SR3 looks stupid to the point of awesome.

Co-op the entire game of Saints Row 3 with a bro. Sogood.gif

EDIT: I can't really get into GTA games but loved SR3, for reference.

Grief.exe

Nearing the end of System Shock 2 (well, from memory, 13 years is a long time, y'all)... but... so, so good. Still holds up, for sure.

To those that picked it up during the recent sale but are yet to tackle it, please do yourself a favour, mod the thing, and try to squeeze it into your backlog playlist sometime soon. Just be prepared to have your butt kicked a little (but in a satisfying way).

I thought the last 10-15% was pretty bad and obviously rushed.
It doesn't ruin the eaperience, but it sure doesn't help.

Razorskin

----- ------
If not for the achievements, I don't think I could have stomached playing this game for more than ten minutes...

dtjf.png

I thought the game was fun, play it with another person (either spectating or controlling the other hand) and it's much more enjoyable. Not going to get all the achievements and completed most of the game except for
that bonus mission in space

Gvaz

Banned

I can spend just like 20 minutes fucking around not doing anything.

get someone to coop with you and it's even better.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Darksiders -- MB-B14EC7F053BEFC15 - Taken by Tecl0n

Because why not, that's why.

Divius

Finished Sleeping Dogs which was pretty fun but now that I'm done with the story I don't really feel like exploring the game any further, or is there any good reason to do so?

Now to finish Mark of the Ninja and then onwards to either DeusEx HR or Just Cause 2.

Grief.exe

Finished Sleeping Dogs which was pretty fun but now that I'm done with the story I don't really feel like exploring the game any further, or is there any good reason to do so?

Now to finish Mark of the Ninja and then onwards to either DeusEx HR or Just Cause 2.

I don't think so, its mostly superflous missions like racing, hacking cameras, or finding hundreds of hidden boxes.
That said, I don't know if you get anything special from completing 100% of the game. I doubt its worthwhile.

Word of warning, Sleeping Dogs has probably ruined Just Cause 2 for you. Good luck, I wasn't able to get through it at all.

I bought it (The Bureau) a little while back. Just curious if it takes a little bit to pop up in the inventory.

If a tier just unlocked, it should show up during the next store update. So at 10am Pacific.

Slyjss

SR3 it's the best sandbox. It's not just "silly", I can't remember a single sandbox where just doing nothing in particular was so fun, it has a ridiculous amount of over-the-top missions and mechanics that make almost every other game in the genre feel dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom