• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Anyone have any input as to how Darksiders controls with m/kb?

Badly.
Also, it doesn't like non-360 controllers. When I tried to play it with my DS3, the camera kept pointing straight up War's kilt, as if I was playing a Japanese girl game.

Coldsnap

8842E6E1374E10CF477820279F6D36A67D8DCBBE

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168552921

pretty sure that's where it begins and ends

doing frames for each character animation is a ton of work. Not to mention Jack is kind of a no-brainer with the game's art style so someone's bound to come along and make a way better one

I don't know what this is for but I absolutely love it. I wish somehow Samurai Jack was still relevant and we could get a game!

Exuro

Enhanced Steam needs a different method of showing you own certain cards. Really bad contrast between the green backdrop and gray text. :(

Exuro

You can customize the colors.
I like the green, it's a good indicator. I just don't want it to be behind the text.

Unless you mean the text color. I'll check into if I can change it to white.

Edit: Doesn't look like it. It's fine on the store page because the text is white, but on the marketplace when you search the text is gray which makes it hard to read items that you own.

Double D

I figured this is about the best place to ask this as any. I'm playing Alpha Protocol with a 360 controller and about 30% of the time I'm playing it the left stick drifts off center just a bit and my character walks backwards when the stick is in the neutral position. Google let me down so I'm hoping I can find a solution.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like the green, it's a good indicator. I just don't want it to be behind the text.

Unless you mean the text color. I'll check into if I can change it to white.

Edit: Doesn't look like it. It's fine on the store page because the text is white, but on the marketplace when you search the text is gray which makes it hard to read items that you own.

Noted. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Like this?

Bcu0IKM.png

feel

I'm late as fuck on this, but what a load of shit. Expect an update around a month after June has now turned into early 2014?
It's probably a good thing Halo 3 never came out on PC if it was going to be treated this badly.
343industries have some good people there but overall are absolutely terrible and clueless, like the complete opposite of Valve when it comes to using common sense and delivering on what the fans want. RIP Halo.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
343industries have some good people there but overall are absolutely terrible and clueless, like the complete opposite of Valve when it comes to using common sense and delivering on what the fans want. RIP Halo.

Well I mean I would double dip on all the Halo games and they have 2/3 ports done so it is pretty easy money.

Sadly. I think a lot of it has to do with the directions they're receiving from above: it's not like Microsoft has been a paragon of wise decision-making the past few years.

But, to be fair, Half-Life 3 hasn't been released yet, either.

Cth

So people are just idling on Dunder's spreadsheet hoping to pounce on something, but in doing so, have made it impossible for anyone to do anything?

C'mon people, log off already it's been three days :D

Deques

So people are just idling on Dunder's spreadsheet hoping to pounce on something, but in doing so, have made it impossible for anyone to do anything?

C'mon people, log off already it's been three days :D

In my opinion, the spreadsheet is a mistake. 40+ people are idling the spreadsheet. During bigger releases it becomes unable to access due to high traffic. It get worse for each day. Last week it was 20+ people idling. So the number has doubled in a week. It get worse... Some day google may disable the spreadsheet

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
In my opinion, the spreadsheet is a mistake. 40+ people are idling the spreadsheet. During bigger releases it becomes unable to access due to high traffic. It get worse for each day. Last week it was 20+ people idling. So the number has doubled in a week. It get worse... Some day google may disable the spreadsheet

I'm sure he prefers it to hundreds of PMs every day for games he only is going to obtain a handful of copies of. I'm sure he's already pestered by regulars through Steam as well, who think they shouldn't have to deal with a spreadsheet.

Cth

Yeah, I feel bad and completely understand why he'd want to get out of doing it :D

It's like seeing the Steam Card market before and after the beta.. people just get dumb and everything falls apart.

Anyways, finally got to play Hotline Miami.. changing the controls really helped!

Grief.exe

Yeah, I feel bad and completely understand why he'd want to get out of doing it :D

It's like seeing the Steam Card market before and after the beta.. people just get dumb and everything falls apart.

Anyways, finally got to play Hotline Miami.. changing the controls really helped!

I feel bad as well, I've seen the behavior and intellect of the rest of GAF. Its not pretty, and Dunder has to deal with it every day.

Get out man

ilCascbufrEo6.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey, Pac Man DX+ is 25% cheaper in Brazil when related to the US store.

CIS and Russia are only 20% and 24% cheaper.

Score? Instabought.

Deques

I'm sure he prefers it to hundreds of PMs every day for games he only is going to obtain a handful of copies of. I'm sure he's already pestered by regulars through Steam as well, who think they shouldn't have to deal with a spreadsheet.

I do understand why he wants the spreadsheet instead of daily PMs. It just it doesn't really work when hundreds are trying to access it and try to put a comment (or resolving other's comments)

Wok

I do understand why he wants the spreadsheet instead of daily PMs. It just it doesn't really work when hundreds are trying to access it and try to put a comment (or resolving other's comments)

I placed an order a few hours ago, and although there were 20 people idling, these guys were not in front of their computers, so it was totally fine, I did not have to lurk or anything.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I placed an order a few hours ago, and although there were 20 people idling, these guys were not in front of their computers, so it was totally fine, I did not have to lurk or anything.

I think it's more about the fact that there are 20 people logged in accessing the spreadsheet. There's a limit on how many people can edit the spreadsheet at any given time, and those 20 people doing jack shit are taking spots.

Ledsen

Could be pretty easily fixed with a no-guarantees queueing system, if done in a good way.

Finished Guacamelee but I'm missing a final mask piece from that Mega Man like level that I find barely possible with the 360 pad. I might have to try with my keyboard tbh.

Wok

Anyone know why it takes for fucking ever to load the comments on Dunder's spreadsheet?

It seriously halts whatever Firefox is doing.

I have noticed the same. At least, with Chrome, only the tab with the Dunder Store is unusable, while all other tabs work as intended. With Firefox, all the tabs are halted until you either stop the script or wait for it to finish loading all the comments.

Finished Guacamelee but I'm missing a final mask piece from that Mega Man like level that I find barely possible with the 360 pad. I might have to try with my keyboard tbh.

Are you talking about the platforming section in Tule Tree with all the spikes or the disappearing platforms bit ? If it's the latter try only looking at one pattern, when you're on a platform that's going to disappear jump towards another of those platform and do a shoryuken to stay longer in mid air. It should be long enough for the platform the disappear and reappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom