• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Anyone know why it takes for fucking ever to load the comments on Dunder's spreadsheet?

It seriously halts whatever Firefox is doing.

I have noticed the same. At least, with Chrome, only the tab with the Dunder Store is unusable, while all other tabs work as intended. With Firefox, all the tabs are halted until you either stop the script or wait for it to finish loading all the comments.

High traffic causes the spreadsheet being unable to access. Right now it the traffic is so high that nobody can put a comment. Right now it is in read-only mode

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just sent the latest update to Mozilla for Enhanced Steam for Firefox. Version 3.9 (getting close to catching up with the Chrome version!)

This version adds inventory handling/caching support (used internally by the script to handle tags, coupons, etc), coupon support, market highlighting, and market transaction totals. It also fixes a rather embarrassing bug caused by me requesting a code change from Valve, them obliging, and it taking me this long to update the Firefox extension to reflect this new change.

Anyway, I'm hoping this version will be approved in the next few days. :)

Prelithe

Just sent the latest update to Mozilla for Enhanced Steam for Firefox. Version 3.9 (getting close to catching up with the Chrome version!)

This version adds inventory handling/caching support (used internally by the script to handle tags, coupons, etc), coupon support, market highlighting, and market transaction totals. It also fixes a rather embarrassing bug caused by me requesting a code change from Valve, them obliging, and it taking me this long to update the Firefox extension to reflect this new change.

Anyway, I'm hoping this version will be approved in the next few days. :)

Awesome. Thanks for all your hard work jshackles, love your extension.

Caerith

I wish Valve would modify the recommendation system to let you dis-recommend games. When you look at a store page and it says something like "339 players recommend this game to their friends" but most of those are negative, it makes you wonder.

Are you talking about the platforming section in Tule Tree with all the spikes or the disappearing platforms bit ? If it's the latter try only looking at one pattern, when you're on a platform that's going to disappear jump towards another of those platform and do a shoryuken to stay longer in mid air. It should be long enough for the platform the disappear and reappear.

Yup, the disappearing platform one. I just tried that a few times but I really don't have the nerves for that right now. ugh. Thanks for the advice though.

hlhbk

I am on the fence about Rayman Legends. I loved the demo on the Wii U, but it felt like it was really made for the Wii U gamepad. Normally in a situation like this I always go PC. I really just want the definitive version. What route should I take gaf?

Also is there a way to get the 360 icons in Rayman Origins?

gabbo

Payday 2 is a lot better than OG Payday.

Can you go into a little more detail?
I stayed away from the original because I was hoping it would be more an R6/RS/SWAT4 take on robberies, but it was more a shooting gallery in the end. I had hoped the 2nd may be a little closer to what I had hoped, but I haven't heard much yet.

Turfster

Huh. Spoiler tags on steam screenshots disappear after 4 weeks.
I did not know this. Makes tagging spoilers for old games kinda useless...

Also, looks like my Brütal Legend 100% achievement is bugged. Sigh.

Salsa

Huh. Image spoiler tags on steam screenshots disappear after 4 weeks.
I did not know this. Makes tagging spoilers for old games kinda useless...

not really, my activity feed moves fairly fast so by the 4th week itll be on an old page out of view

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I stayed away from the original because I was hoping it would be more an R6/RS/SWAT4 take on robberies, but it was more a shooting gallery in the end. I had hoped the 2nd may be a little closer to what I had hoped, but I haven't heard much yet.

From what I played it expands on everything the first game had and it feels a lot more polished, the skill trees are long so I don't think you can max out everything in one playthrough and you have a ton of guns/items/customization etc to keep you busy but at the end it really is a "shooting gallery", but the most important for me is that Payday 2 is fun, a lot of fun; It is like Payday should have been.

Awwwwwww the Thief news are just.... just....
2egffq9.gif

yeah, that seems the correct response.

It's still an arcade shooter, you'll still end up mowing down waves of cops. As for the why it's better than the first one it's mainly enhanced mechanics, the refined RPG aspect and the weapons that feel infinitely better than in PD1.

derExperte

Owners of P1 can download the P2 beta so you maybe could try it yourself until release on Tuesday. After 100hrs P1 and a couple of heists in P2 I think they aren't very different, the basic gameplay hasn't changes much thankfully (I just hope the robberies are as good this time around, the ones I played felt very small). And apparently you can stealth most heists now which seems more like what you want it to be. But you have to upgrade your equipment and skills for that so like P1 there's some time investment needed to get to the really good stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am on the fence about Rayman Legends. I loved the demo on the Wii U, but it felt like it was really made for the Wii U gamepad. Normally in a situation like this I always go PC. I really just want the definitive version. What route should I take gaf?

Also is there a way to get the 360 icons in Rayman Origins?

If you're leaning towards the Wii U version, I'd go for it and then snap up the PC version when it's on sale for posterity -- Digital Foundry did a performance analysis of the Wii U demo and found that it runs natively at 1080p with the 60fps framerate faltering only on the rare occasion, so unless you have a display resolution higher than 1080p, you're not gaining much in the visuals department by going with the latter.

As for Origins, there's no way around that, unfortunately. Its controller support is a tad iffy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If not for the achievements, I don't think I could have stomached playing this game for more than ten minutes...

dtjf.png

Wow, congrats. I'm having trouble with the last few A++ achievements; normally with the kidney transplant I can't get a good angle to remove the kidney so I have to use the spoon and it takes too long. :/ Stupid body cavity. I can get an A no problem but an A++, can't get it :/

Anustart

Getting into System Shock 2. Just brought the engine online, took an elevator down into some connecting shaft and ran into:

Also, I must mention this damn game is SoGood.gif First playthrough and I'm in love gaf, IN LOVE!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
fun fact: surgeon simulator supports the oculus rift and the razer hydra

Seems like it would take the game from being a fun, cheeky mess and put it more in the realm of, you know, actual surgery simulation.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls Beta -- MB-B19714FA3DCA554E - Taken by KMD
Kicks ya out of the beta when the game launches on August 22nd, so get to it!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can you turn off the super shit graphical filter on Super House of Dead Ninjas?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
leap motion would probably work best in some cases

This message made me remember that this came out, so I went to see how much ti costs and if I could buy it and...

Subtotal $ 79.99
Shipping $ 31.99
Duties, Taxes and Other Fees $ 106.52
Total $ 218.50

God dammit...

Salsa

This message made me remember that this came out, so I went to see how much ti costs and if I could buy it and...

Subtotal $ 79.99
Shipping $ 31.99
Duties, Taxes and Other Fees $ 106.52
Total $ 218.50

God dammit...

a friend got it, not entirely sure how, ill go check it out next week

mrgone

fun fact: surgeon simulator supports the oculus rift and the razer hydra

I wonder if the retail model of the Oculus Rift will be warrantied for vomit damage

Getting into System Shock 2. Just brought the engine online, took an elevator down into some connecting shaft and ran into:

Also, I must mention this damn game is SoGood.gif First playthrough and I'm in love gaf, IN LOVE!

I'm already fucking terrified of those things. Now why they gotta do that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cockroach obliged my request for a Steam key for Chapter 4 of The Dream Machine, but also mentioned was, "I don't think we'll be handing out any more keys after this. Administrating this turned out to be an nightmare." Those who bought the game via the website before it released on Steam are probably going to have to cough up a few bucks for Steam versions of the final two chapters, it seems.

Edit: I should note that this doesn't bother me. I'm more than happy to throw the guys a few extra bones considering the the game's painstaking development.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yes. I don't see an option to change the res though.
So it doesn't even have nearest neighbor upscale? Eh, I don't want to fuck with interpolated spritework or a tiny window. That shit is awful in Dark Void Zero.

Slyjss

is this guy on gaf

i00GElWUm9GLb.PNG

dat papers please co-op

"No, because we want to play it side by side right now" just melted my brain. I mean, WOW. What kind of people begs a stranger for a free game and thinks that saying that it's for a friend who really wants to play like, RIGHT NOW, is a good excuse?

Anustart

So I just asked a dude on steam if he'd gift my brother (who has terminal cancer) a copy of Papers, Please as it's my bro's dying wish. This SalsaFish dude blatantly says no! Some people!

SalsaShark please gift me Papers Please, I'll pay you back at some point but I want it now to give me something to live for. I'm just a poor college student on the verge of suicide ;-;
*edits all posts mentioning Oculus Rift and pick ups*

Seriously though, very odd. Perhaps he confused you for someone else? Just find it hard to believe a random person would ask you that.

did the ever put controller support back in they took it out because of a some glitch .. should have gotten it during the sale.... looks fun.,

it works fine with a controller however, by default, the 360 analog works but the d-pad doesn't, idk if that's just for me or what. easily fixable but kinda dumb. otherwise it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom