• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

SalsaShark please gift me Papers Please, I'll pay you back at some point but I want it now to give me something to live for. I'm just a poor college student on the verge of suicide ;-;
*edits all posts mentioning Oculus Rift and pick ups*

Seriously though, very odd. Perhaps he confused you for someone else? Just find it hard to believe a random person would ask you that.

That Papers Please screecapture's gone viral.

They must have mistook him for a developer.

The good news is Reddit has the pic on their front page.

should i buy LA Noire complete for about $5? or buy the vanilla one for like $3? never played it so not sure if i'll like it or not. i hope it's not combat heavy right? i just want to play a dick tracy like game that doesn't suck like the dick tracy game did.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
should i buy LA Noire complete for about $5? or buy the vanilla one for like $3? never played it so not sure if i'll like it or not. i hope it's not combat heavy right? i just want to play a dick tracy like game that doesn't suck like the dick tracy game did.
Just get the complete version and be done with it.

kaleii

The difference is so small that I'd recommend getting the complete pack. Where is it 5 bucks?

The difference is so small that I'd recommend getting the complete pack. Where is it 5 bucks?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/fds-rockstar

only for one more hour so don't hesitate. yeah its only $2 i just always feel silly when i buy DLC that's not even worth playing. it's not really about whether it's worth the $2 more about whether the extra cases are worth my time, or if they are not up to the level of the game's vanilla story (which i've found to be the case with lots of DLC)

HoosTrax

Wow, congrats. I'm having trouble with the last few A++ achievements; normally with the kidney transplant I can't get a good angle to remove the kidney so I have to use the spoon and it takes too long. :/ Stupid body cavity. I can get an A no problem but an A++, can't get it :/
Yeah the left kidney was infuriating at times. The "regular" double kidney transplant is actually harder than the ambulance one to meet the time limit achievement, because the jostling ends up helping to toss the kidneys out once you cut them free. I think I ended up using the knife with the curved handle to try to "flick" the left kidney free.

For the drugged+electrocuted achievement, I did it during the regular brain transplant, using the circular bone saw to remove the skull and a scalpel to cut the brain stem. The main trick I used was to turn my mouse around 180 degrees.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the actual A++ score is only determined by blood loss, and you have to maintain >5000ml. Time doesn't seem to matter much -- I've still gotten A++ rating when taking as long as 5 minutes to complete the procedure.

Anustart

Yeah the left kidney was infuriating at times. The "regular" double kidney transplant is actually harder than the ambulance one to meet the time limit achievement, because the jostling ends up helping to toss the kidneys out once you cut them free. I think I ended up using the knife with the curved handle to try to "flick" the left kidney free.

For the drugged+electrocuted achievement, I did it during the regular brain transplant, using the circular bone saw to remove the skull and a scalpel to cut the brain stem. The main trick I used was to turn my mouse around 180 degrees.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the actual A++ score is only determined by blood loss, and you have to maintain >5000ml. Time doesn't seem to matter much -- I've still gotten A++ rating when taking as long as 5 minutes to complete the procedure.

wtf-reaction-gif-617.gif

kaleii

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/fds-rockstar

only for one more hour so don't hesitate. yeah its only $2 i just always feel silly when i buy DLC that's not even worth playing. it's not really about whether it's worth the $2 more about whether the extra cases are worth my time, or if they are not up to the level of the game's vanilla story (which i've found to be the case with lots of DLC)

Bought the complete edition, thanks! :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Why on earth are Dust cards selling for nearly 50 cents? I am not complaining, but people paying for this stuff is still so crazy to me.

KarmaCow

Super House of Dead Ninjas is really addictive. Each run is pretty short but the movement speed as well trying to maintain the rage powerup makes the game very frantic. It's one of those games where you just zone out and go with the flow.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Super House of Dead Ninjas is really addictive. Each run is pretty short but the movement speed as well trying to maintain the rage powerup makes the game very frantic. It's one of those games where you just zone out and go with the flow.

That just hasnt clicked with me yet. I like all the unlockables but something about the movement and attacking is a bit too frantic and the interactions with enemies feels a bit too non-substantial for me.

Tenrius

Seriously though, very odd. Perhaps he confused you for someone else? Just find it hard to believe a random person would ask you that.

I had a random guy on my friend list who asked me for various games almost daily. He didn't promise to pay me back, either. After several months of this he got tired and eventually removed me.

How he came to be on my Steam friend list is also peculiar. I was trading games with somebody and that somebody insisted that I add that guy (who would later beg for free games on a permanent basis!) as a "third party" so "everything would be fair".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At least that is moderately hard to get. These are just normal cards.

Virtually every other common emoticon is worth less than a buck, though, which makes $20+ for :weed: rather special. I love that there seems to be an unspoken, concerted effort among the Steam community to keep the price extraordinarily high. :p

KarmaCow

That just hasnt clicked with me yet. I like all the unlockables but something about the movement and attacking is a bit too frantic and the interactions with enemies feels a bit too non-substantial for me.

It's more about platforming and sussing out the optimal path than it really is about combat. Once you learn to abuse the spinning downward attack, enemies are just fodder for building rage than a threat. The boss fights seem kinda at odds with the rest of the game though with how you need to wait for them to attack. I get so impatient that I just intentionally get killed so I can use the invincibility frames from respawn to attack them faster.

When I first played it I took it slow, looking for powerups, doubling back to get stuff but really the game is meant to be played as a constant rush forward. The twitchy controls are less troublesome when you're constantly moving in one direction.

that kind of sucked, i made an account on nuuvem with gmail but anytime i tried to confirm it there was an error, and giving them FB privileges just resulted in the site saying you haven't given nuuvem fb privileges as well so i had no way to finalize my account...then i tried with an old hotmail address and it worked perfectly the first time. what a waste of time, but i was just doing it on my downtime from lionbridge so i guess i got paid to deal with that minor headache anyway lol.

kaleii

that kind of sucked, i made an account on nuuvem with gmail but anytime i tried to confirm it there was an error, and giving them FB privileges just resulted in the site saying you haven't given nuuvem fb privileges as well so i had no way to finalize my account...then i tried with an old hotmail address and it worked perfectly the first time. what a waste of time, but i was just doing it on my downtime from lionbridge so i guess i got paid to deal with that minor headache anyway lol.

Man, that sucks. I did the Facebook thingie, and it just filled in most of my details. But the rest worked.

Hmm... Lionbridge? Do we have a fellow translator amongst us?

Man, that sucks. I did the Facebook thingie, and it just filled in most of my details. But the rest worked.

Hmm... Lionbridge? Do we have a fellow translator amongst us?

yeah it was weird, when the regular registration didn't work i tried FB for simplicity but even after giving them privileges it was just an error page. oh well i figured it out before the deal ended luckily. damn did i say lionbridge? i worked for LB for over 2 years, but actually recently switched to leapforce since they offer unlimited hours. yup it's my primary source of income. kind of mind numbing but i haven't seen an easier way to make $100 in a day really. just got to remember to hit the gym regularly...working online really made me soft the first couple of years because it made me lazy, now i make sure to make it out every day because it's so easy to get no physical activity if you thrown down 8 or 10 hours working onlinei n a day.

kaleii

yeah it was weird, when the regular registration didn't work i tried FB for simplicity but even after giving them privileges it was just an error page. oh well i figured it out before the deal ended luckily. damn did i say lionbridge? i worked for LB for over 2 years, but actually recently switched to leapforce since they offer unlimited hours. yup it's my primary source of income. kind of mind numbing but i haven't seen an easier way to make $100 in a day really. just got to remember to hit the gym regularly...working online really made me soft the first couple of years because it made me lazy, now i make sure to make it out every day because it's so easy to get no physical activity if you thrown down 8 or 10 hours working onlinei n a day.

Err... I'm getting the feeling that you're talking about the crowdsourcing company (http://www.thesmartcrowd.com/about/) and not the largest translation company in the world (http://www.lionbridge.com/our-company/).

Never mind then :)

BorntoPlay

It's my birthday today so here's some free game...=)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row -- MB-726E5D0EB81C6DBA - Taken by Gez

Lain

I encountered some weird bugs while playing Guacamelee as the player 2 character. My character got stuck under the foot of an enemy and couldn't get back up, so had to quit the game.
In another instance, during a scene the camera moved to the screen below, so I could read the text exchanges but I couldn't see anything and when the battle started, the enemies were auto dieing while I got the money. Weird.

Grabbed Spelunker from Dunder, I hope it'll be as fun an experience as you guys make it sound.

I encountered some weird bugs while playing Guacamelee as the player 2 character. My character got stuck under the foot of an enemy and couldn't get back up, so had to quit the game.
In another instance, during a scene the camera moved to the screen below, so I could read the text exchanges but I couldn't see anything and when the battle started, the enemies were auto dieing while I got the money. Weird.

Grabbed Spelunker from Dunder, I hope it'll be as fun an experience as you guys make it sound.

is there a trick to editing his spreadsheet? anytime i load it i just get 'viewing in simple mode due to high traffic' and can't get it to load in spreadsheet mode. i'd be down for spelunky and i see green columns but can't figure out how to get my name in there >_<

Sajjaja

is there a trick to editing his spreadsheet? anytime i load it i just get 'viewing in simple mode due to high traffic' and can't get it to load in spreadsheet mode. i'd be down for spelunky and i see green columns but can't figure out how to get my name in there >_<

Too many idlers mean that one the first few can only edit it causing simple mode to enable.Just gotta get lulucky.

def sim

Your only choice is to try again later as far as I know. There are currently no available slots for Spelunky, if that's any consolation.

It's my birthday today so here's some free game...=)

Happy birthday, duder.

masterkajo

The Bureau: XCom declassified has all tiers unlocked now. And I am glad to report that my earlier statement about tier 3 not having giftable copies of the XCom games is wrong. It just took some time and now I got giftable copies of games from tier 3. :)

Lain

I don't know. I couldn't insert a comment when I first saw Spelunky available, so I reloaded and I could insert a comment.

Your only choice is to try again later as far as I know. There are currently no available slots for Spelunky, if that's any consolation.

Happy birthday, duder.

but i see three green squares next to spelunky ever since i opened up the sheet for the first time (albeit i'm only in read only mode), doesn't that mean you can get the game if you can edit into that square? or does it just move so quick that i'm wrong in thinking i can get it if i can get into edit the sheet, lol.

sorry to shit up the thread with this question :(. might as well ask for an invite to the GAF steam thread here, can someone invite me?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972736502

def sim

but i see three green squares next to spelunky ever since i opened up the sheet for the first time (albeit i'm only in read only mode), doesn't that mean you can get the game if you can edit into that square? or does it just move so quick that i'm wrong in thinking i can get it if i can get into edit the sheet, lol.

sorry to shit up the thread with this question :(. might as well ask for an invite to the GAF steam thread here, can someone invite me?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972736502

Read only mode probably doesn't show posted comments. They're all taken.

I sent the invite.

Sam and Max Season 3 is glorious. The (season 3 episode 3 spoiler)
part where Sam bitchslaps two molemen and goes on an impersonation of a noir detective
made my day.

I really hope Telltale is working on a Season 4, I admit I never played Hit the Road but despite the rough edges of season 1 I quickly got to love the characters, season 2 was better and season 3 is just excellent.

kaleii

I'm a professional translator. I don't work for Lionbridge (or any other big multinationals) tho. Hell, I'd never even heard of Lionbridge ;)

Happy birthday!

I worked for their largest competitor (the ones that own Trados) for 11 years before becoming a freelancer. But yeah, translation companies are quite anonymous. :)

Also, happy birthday Borntoplay! :)

part where Sam bitchslaps two molemen and goes on an impersonation of a noir detective
made my day.

I really hope Telltale is working on a Season 4, I admit I never played Hit the Road but despite the rough edges of season 1 I quickly got to love the characters, season 2 was better and season 3 is just excellent.

You should, it is a great game. You have played day of the tentacle right?

Full throttle will be nice, but If only steam, if only.

how do you guys figure out what settings to play games at? i like nvidia geforce but it only works with a few of my games. i'm trying to setup la noire but it's hard to tell what settings i should use quickly without knowing the FPS of the game. is there an easy way/program to know the FPS you're getting on steam games?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
how do you guys figure out what settings to play games at? i like nvidia geforce but it only works with a few of my games. i'm trying to setup la noire but it's hard to tell what settings i should use quickly without knowing the FPS of the game. is there an easy way/program to know the FPS you're getting on steam games?
Fraps

made my day.

It's awesome. I actually enjoyed Season 3 more then Hit the Road, but I still recommend that you play it.

Grief.exe

MSI Afterburner is what I use, Fraps is another option, some engines have the ability to turn on FPS display through the console.

@Salsa

The black is so sexy, won't fit in my case though!

iSaupLpOqL51e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom