• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Yes.

I launched FFVII, then Awesomenauts last night to idle.

Steam showed I was playing FFVII to my friends, but i was getting cards from Awesomenauts.

There is no definitive answer. Sometimes it works and you can use up all your drops; other times you either get just a single card or something in-between.

So things haven't changed too much between now and the sale. I've heard such mixed observations on this method. I'm going to give it a go. I have this stupid fear of overheating my CPU or GPU by doing this somehow...so always avoided it, but I probabaly have 3 hours left of Arkham Asylum and the game has it's bat-claws in me...BUT I WANT CARDS (made 11 dollars from last nights drops already!).

Ifrit

I just thought my wallet was safe from the steam sales, and Gianna Sisters is up on sale now.

Good thing I bought it with the money I made selling steam trading cards

Thanks based gaben

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So things haven't changed too much between now and the sale. I've heard such mixed observations on this method. I'm going to give it a go. I have this stupid fear of overheating my CPU or GPU by doing this somehow...so always avoided it, but I probabaly have 3 hours left of Arkham Asylum and the game has it's bat-claws in me...BUT I WANT CARDS (made 11 dollars from last nights drops already!).

For what it's worth, I've had better luck idling in a few games (3-4) rather than several.

maty

I see the PM being recorded, but not the giveaway. Send again. I put in some code last night and this morning that should make it impossible for this kind of thing to happen again.

RE: Another bot--Always send to ModBot. ModBot 2 and ModBot 3 do NOT receive PMs.

Great, thanks.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That might have been me. And now I'm responsible for sullying an until now Origin-free soul? Oh no. :(
It's already to late, but what caused all the negativity surrounding Origin anyhow?

It does look a bit like the Games For Windows Store. Not exactly as dead, but getting there.

Just started running S.P.A.Z, Beat Hazard and Defense Grid.
Cards don't seem to be worth much though.

Origins been good to me, I was able to get Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for $2 a few weeks back.

louiedog

I've hidden 3 Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 codes in this post. When these were given out for free the servers were having issues and some people reported getting used codes. As a result, one or more of these may be no good. I didn't use modbot because I'd hate for someone to get a bad code and then be ineligible for other giveaways.

If you get one, please claim it.

I've hidden 3 Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 codes in this post. When these were given out for free the servers were having issues and some people reported getting used codes. As a result, one or more of these may be no good. I didn't use modbot because I'd hate for someone to get a bad code and then be ineligible for other giveaways.

Awesome thanks! Got D0245-M6MN9-4TGAC

After the gifs and everything I'm going to look silly if I screw this up. Here goes.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cthulu Saves the World -- MB-8B793ECD2F577FAD - Taken by sibarraz
Breath of Death VII -- MB-5F568E77781611DF
Don't Starve -- MB-285FA00A3F8FD591 - Taken by Tecl0n

I also have some coupons:
10% off Toki Tori 2+
50% off Awesomenauts
50% off Sniper Elite: Zombie Nazi Army

that people can have. As far as I can tell, I can trade them with people but not gift them Modbot-style, right? Anyway I have one steam friend who doesn't want them, so GAF may as well benefit.

JaseC

that people can have. As far as I can tell, I can trade them with people but not gift them Modbot-style, right? Anyway I have one steam friend who doesn't want them, so GAF may as well benefit.

Correct. You can trade coupons with other Steam users but they're not giftable.

Tecl0n

After the gifs and everything I'm going to look silly if I screw this up. Here goes.

YES!
gif-scrubs-superexcited.gif

I thank you for Don't Starve, sincerely.

Hofmann

CheesecakeRecipe said:
If you're a fan of Lynch's movies, if you have read "One Hundred Years of Solitude", if you have at least one album by William Basinski, you need this game.

Haven't seen this before. The Disintegration Loops might be crucial in understanding where the story's heading to - the Conway's last order, antique shop, forgotten places, broken leg, etc. It's pretty cool you mentioned it.

Grief.exe

Lot of good news out of the registry the past couple days.

STALKER CoP + SoC get a bundle, and SoC updated to reflect GSC as the publisher now, not THQ. Will probably be seeing a discount in the future.

FFVIII updated a few times today for the first time in months. Square originally added logos, languages, and icons to both FFVII and FFVIII, then started working on FFVII in earnest.

Drinkbox app updated a couple times today. They are the team behind Guacamelee, so they may getting started on that port.

mileS

I got the second one. Thank you very much :) Nice to finally win something. Esp something I've been wanting to play.

tjohn86

STALKER CoP + SoC get a bundle, and SoC updated to reflect GSC as the publisher now, not THQ. Will probably be seeing a discount in the future.

FFVIII updated a few times today for the first time in months. Square originally added logos, languages, and icons to both FFVII and FFVIII, then started working on FFVII in earnest.

Drinkbox app updated a couple times today. They are the team behind Guacamelee, so they may getting started on that port.

Guacamelee! Awesome.

louiedog

No, there are still 3 unreleased episodes! I must wait!

That's why I'm waiting. The game looks like something I'd really enjoy, but I already have three episodic adventure games going with no clearly defined end anytime soon and it's kind of a bummer.

I finished The Dream Machine Chapter 3 about a year ago. The next chapter is finally coming in a week, but it was split into two which means the final part is even farther away. I barely remember what happened in the earlier bits now. I don't want to keep doing that. Unless it's made by Telltale, I think I'm done with episodic adventures for awhile, even if I really like the games.

Correct. You can trade coupons with other Steam users but they're not giftable.

Cheers. If someone wants a coupon PM me.

YES!
gif-scrubs-superexcited.gif

I thank you for Don't Starve, sincerely.

Enjoy it! I've been playing it a bit myself, a lot of fun. I feel like the "I have no idea what I'm doing" dog most of the time, but it's a great game and starts coming together after a few unfortunate situations.

Tecl0n

Holy **** Guacamelee to steam? Amazing, so it was a timed exclusive? While i don't particularly like VIII ,FF getting Steam love is good.

Teleglitch is releasing tomorrow right? I just heard about it and it looks fucking awesome.
Did anyone play the non-Steam versions and can offer some impressions?

JaseC

Holy **** Guacamelee to steam? Amazing, so it was a timed exclusive? While i don't particularly like VIII ,FF getting Steam love is good.

It popped up in the registry a few months ago. I assume it'll release in October, six months after the PSN version.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
YAY!
It's time to start triple dipping.

JaseC

Teleglitch is releasing tomorrow right? I just heard about it and it looks fucking awesome.
Did anyone play the non-Steam versions and can offer some impressions?

That it is. I'll also reiterate that the game can be had for $8 from GameFly when using the code GFDJUL20 -- the base price is listed as $10, which is likely an error, so don't dawdle.

Grief.exe

Everyone should support Drinkbox and buy Guac on PSN as well. If it comes to Steam, I will double dip much like I did with Mutant Blobs.

I am actually in the market for a PS3, Sony has really impressed me with their exclusives and indie policies.

I've already picked up a few games off of Craigslist, Demon Souls, MGS4, God of War Saga, Uncharted 2, and Red Dead Redemption. With the MGS Legacy Collection, Journey, and Last of Us to follow down the line.

I probably won't be picking up Guacamelee on PS3 though. I would prefer the fidelity and inherent BC of the PC version.

That it is. I'll also reiterate that the game can be had for $8 from GameFly when using the code GFDJUL20 -- the base price is listed as $10, which is likely an error, so don't dawdle.

I always buy from the UK site because it automatically redirects me there, which would make it $10 with the coupon. Any way to buy from the US site easily?

sibarraz

Banned
thanks for ctulhu ymatticus!

Wanted to try this rpg after knowing that the developer newest rpg will be based in phantasy star amongst other games

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, it was not GalCiv2, it was Elemental: Fallen Enchantress,

Oh, haha, your right. How did I confused the two games? Sorry about that Stump.

and I did post what I had heard about the game, as well as the history of the game's development (as a reboot of another game that released). I said that I heard that it was vastly improved over the original failure, but mostly I hadn't heard many people suggest it was a must-have. Then I mentioned the developer's behaviour, which I thought was germane because there's an ongoing lawsuit specifically about this game. But yes obviously I agree with you that in cases where the developer's actions would give someone pause about purchasing the game, it's probably better to be forthcoming with them rather than say "who cares as long as the game is good"

That's what I tried to impart about your post, but a misleading message is what I get when I try and be quick instead of thorough. Again, sorry.

lmpaler

Completed my first Endless Space badge last night and got a 33% off coupon for Serious Sam 3 if anyone is interested. It is only valid until the end of the week I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom