• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
isn't stuff like this bannable by Steam?

It's outright against the Steam Terms of Service. If you use it and you're caught, your account will be banned. As posted, it's not likely you'll get caught. But obviously the values in the script can be changed so that you have a better chance of "sniping" cheap market items. That's what will give you away.

HoosTrax

First, it's impossible to detect--all it does is auto-click the first option and auto-check the TOS box.
A human doesn't do that instantaneously. That, combined with constant F5ing could probably raise red flags that there's automated scripting going on.

Every MMORPG under the sun is able to detect macroing.

Papytendo

TGOCWym.jpg

Hmm...

nexen

Looks like it. Giana Sister deal is live for 24 more hours

Oh good, maybe I can earn enough from cards to afford it by then.

A human doesn't do that instantaneously. That, combined with constant F5ing could probably raise red flags that there's automated scripting going on.

Every MMORPG under the sun is able to detect macroing.

I know of at least one that can't :3

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Trine 2 banner says 50% off. Actual sale is 85%. Now's the time to buy, folks!

Whools

First, it's impossible to detect--all it does is auto-click the first option and auto-check the TOS box.

Second, why would it? It still relies on a human being buying it, not a robot. Valve is not going to be concerned about someone getting a 0.5 second advantage on others, they're going to be concerned with the automatic exploitation of arbitrage by bots hammering every single item on the server every second and buying anything that's sold for less than it could be.

It also advertises itself as automatically buying the item if it's below your stated threshold, so in that sense it's dependent on internet speeds and distance to valves server. I still don't think valve would care though, they get the same amount of money.

KarmaCow

So Trine is on sale for cheaper than it was during the Summer Sale. That extra 5% cost me a quarter on the Trine 2 Complete upgrade!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The deals are 48 hours now

This happened earlier in the year and lasted only a few days. I think it's just a result of Dailies running for 48 hours during sale periods (which has been the case since the 2011 Winter Sale) and somebody forgetting to flip the switch back.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wait, Ys is cheaper than it was on the sale?

Ys I & II Chronicles+
Historical Low: $6.60 at Steam on Sat Jul 13 2013
US: $5.09

Slyjss

To spread the word of Gun Monkeys, here's a code. Please, only take it if you really want to play it, not just grab another game for your account.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys. -- MB-54178281A5CA3D74 - Taken by Cloudius12

If you didn't win, now the game's only 4.50 , Steamplay (Win + Mac) and includes two keys http://store.steampowered.com/app/239450/

jshackles

For those wondering about the posted Marketplace bot: here is an excerpt of the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.

You may not use Cheats, automation software (bots), mods, hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software, to modify or automate any Subscription Marketplace process.

Eternia

Steam got me this time, I bit on the Trine 2 80% off summer discount and convinced a friend to jump in too.

But another chance for everyone on Ys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom