• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
YES!
gif-scrubs-superexcited.gif

I thank you for Don't Starve, sincerely.

heh the hilarious thing is that that's a spoiler of about the last 45 seconds of the entire 8 season series, but because it looks like a regular reaction GIF you have no idea what it's a spoiler of :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Wasn't Guacamelee the game with the insufferable amount of meme references in it?
There are a lot of them, yes. But it can be ignored pretty easily.
Game is sooo goooood!

louiedog

Wasn't Guacamelee the game with the insufferable amount of meme references in it?

If by insufferable amount you mean 90% of the dozen or two are background signs in the town, then yes. I dislike the (over)use of memes very much, but they in no way impacted my enjoyment of the game.

Prophane33

How would you, people keep rushing down to the bottom even worse than during the sale.

Luckily, the new cards I got last night were at "pre-sale" prices until this morning, plus I had a one of a kind Foil that I sold for around 7.50. Started off with .13 in my steam wallet before the new cards. Currently have 11.19 with a couple cards left. I figure that as long as I can get in on new cards early/quickly enough commons can sell for .30~.50

Edit: Also, the rush down doesn't seem any worse than it was during the sale, imo.

Freezard

Good.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-9AEE14A37419D214
Killing Floor -- MB-C64F886FC7813D12

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Resident Evil 5 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Killing Floor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

KiDdYoNe

BTW I love all these platformers, specially with some style in em. Guacamelee is one of the games i was sure about, but playing if for a few hours with a friend made me bored. So if something, check out the demo.

Addnan

What happened to rise of nations :(? It's been on the database for ages, but there hasn't been an update to it since May.

GAMERG0D

Lot of good news out of the registry the past couple days.

STALKER CoP + SoC get a bundle, and SoC updated to reflect GSC as the publisher now, not THQ. Will probably be seeing a discount in the future.

FFVIII updated a few times today for the first time in months. Square originally added logos, languages, and icons to both FFVII and FFVIII, then started working on FFVII in earnest.

Drinkbox app updated a couple times today. They are the team behind Guacamelee, so they may getting started on that port.
Damn it
looks like it's make OT day for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What happened to rise of nations :(? It's been on the database for ages, but there hasn't been an update to it since May.

The Halo front has long since gone quiet, too, as Microsoft made the listings private. Make of that what you will.

Slyjss

I feel for him, as he seems to be totally gutted about the poor sales, but then he should of pulled back release, or got it is the sale

The problem is a huge one know, as people wont buy it as they think no one is playing it

I had the chance to mail him a couple of weeks ago and the problem is not the sales, but the number of people of the servers. He was surprised at the huge difference between people who had bought the game and people actually hanging around. He's been adding a lot of features so that it's easier to play with unknown people, and he's been looking closely to every single piece of feedback.

I really hope it gets better. It's really fun to play, specially with friends, and it doesn't deserve to be forgotten.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
isn't stuff like this bannable by Steam?

First, it's impossible to detect--all it does is auto-click the first option and auto-check the TOS box.

Second, why would it? It still relies on a human being buying it, not a robot. Valve is not going to be concerned about someone getting a 0.5 second advantage on others, they're going to be concerned with the automatic exploitation of arbitrage by bots hammering every single item on the server every second and buying anything that's sold for less than it could be.

Edit: oh the automatic budget buying is pretty clearly something they could detect and ban for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom