• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Got a couple of great games from Dunder and I thank him for it, however I agree it must take quite a toll in his available time and he's done waaay more than enough. People can get into key trading if they want to get games at a discount anyway.

Lingitiz

2d130Pe.png

I'm so close to breaking. Papers Please sounds too good to pass up. But....Gone Home, Saints Row 4, Rome 2 are coming soon...

Card Boy

Banned
Got a couple of great games from Dunder and I thank him for it, however I agree it must take quite a toll in his available time and he's done waaay more than enough. People can get into key trading if they want to get games at a discount anyway.

I don't feel comfortable with TF2 keys. I would prefer to just pay once and be done with it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Dunder was a gentleman and a scholar. I don't blame him for bowing out, and I appreciate the service he provided. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have been willing to check out Dragon Commander.

I hope he continues to post in this thread, at least.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I'm still on the edge about Papers, Please. Wish it had a better price in other regions so TF2outpost could save me a few bucks. But I hear the theme in my head and I feel all patriotic for arstotzka.

Dunder, it's been an honor sir. Thanks for all the insane work you've put in, even if the trade thread almost had an aneurysm over the feedback haha.

Salsa

oh wow, so I was gonna do all achievements in guacamelee and one of them is to beat it on hard mode, wich unlocks after you beat the game.. except there's a code to get it from the get go

why not make it a fucking option when you start the game then? ffs thats retarded, now I have to play through the thing twice for no good reason, awesome.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
oh wow, so I was gonna do all achievements in guacamelee and one of them is to beat it on hard mode, wich unlocks after you bet the game.. except there's a code to get it from the get go

why not make it a fucking option when yoy start the game then? ffs thats retarded

I hate when that happens in any game, even if you can't get a code to make it an option from the get go. Don't make my difficulty decisions for me devs, thanks.

wilflare

the moment the Dunder Store goes down
I'm going to hate myself for missing

Guacamelee
Spelunky
Dragon Commander
Papers Please

beyond the sales, Dunder is a horribly nice and polite person to talk to!

Lain

Dunder is indeed awesome (shop or not, he comes off as a nice dude from the brief chat I've had with him).
Seeing that he's closing shop Monday, I grabbed Rayman Legends and Castlevania, both of which I wouldn't have bought on release, but since both together were less than the price of just Castlevania here, I said why not. Now I'll only have to find the time to play them.

tjohn86

oh wow, so I was gonna do all achievements in guacamelee and one of them is to beat it on hard mode, wich unlocks after you beat the game.. except there's a code to get it from the get go

why not make it a fucking option when you start the game then? ffs thats retarded, now I have to play through the thing twice for no good reason, awesome.

Yeah this really sucks. I didn't see the code until I was too deep to start over.

Dingotech

Dunder was a gentleman and a scholar. I don't blame him for bowing out, and I appreciate the service he provided. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have been willing to check out Dragon Commander.

I hope he continues to post in this thread, at least.

Hear hear, good post.

I bought only a couple of things from Dunder but he was an absolute pleasure to deal with, very nice guy and very trusting of random strangers.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Recetear guys made a mistake regarding pricing very early on in the game's life and now they seem hell-bent on never discounting it too deeply again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If someone could clearly describe the exact steps used in the get-games-for-cheap stores (as I understand it involves the customer pay palling, the intermediate using the money to buy tf2 keys and sending those to cheap-region sellers who send the game to the intermediate who sends the game to the customer) it'd probably be easy for a half-curious programmer to automate the process and cut out a lot of the human stress.

The part that is unclear to me is who the original sellers are and if their side can be automated.

PayPal capture checks (or even just a direct PayPal checkout like ecommerce stores do) are easy. Steam trade automation is easy. Steam purchasing would be fairly easy to automate.

Of course I guess if you could automate the seller end of things you'd be better off skipping the TF2 keys and just figuring out a way to directly get the money into Russia or Brazil

The Recetear guys made a mistake regarding pricing very early on in the game's life and now they seem hell-bent on never discounting it too deeply again.

Makes sense, it's probably still Carpe Fulgur's biggest seller by far. That said, Recettear and the other Carpe Fulgur games do at least get a discount every Steam sale, so worst case you'll have to wait until December (and potentially at a worse discount--I'm not sure but Recettear may have only been discounted to $10 in the summer sale).

jester

Neo Member
About a week ago I tried Steam Big Picture on my TV and I was incredibly impressed. However, occasionally when I am the game using Big Picture, it will automatically switch to the Big Picture application, while the game is still running. It is not isolated to one game. It is a big hassle to switch back to the game (since I am using a controller) and sometimes I can't even switch back and the game completely crashes and I lose progress without saving like right now.

Anustart

:( :( :(

WTF is this shit... I had $46.82 in my steam wallet... I sold that Hotline Miami booster pack for .81 cents well someone played £0.52 but now I only have $46.92 has this happened to anyone else before... :/ How is £0.52 10 cents....?

It's like yen where a billion yen is a nickel.

Another thank you to Dunder. Deals come and go, as do most sellers...but Dunder was polite in every sense of the word on top of his ridiculous prices. He put more effort getting us these deals than we deserve, receiving very little in return for tedious work.

If you ever find yourself around here for some reason, I'd like to buy you a drink.

derExperte

:( :( :(

WTF is this shit... I had $46.82 in my steam wallet... I sold that Hotline Miami booster pack for .81 cents well someone played £0.52 but now I only have $46.92 has this happened to anyone else before... :/ How is £0.52 10 cents....?

I remember seeing a thread on the Steam forum where someone had the same problem.

Cth

Just chiming in to say thanks to Dunder again.

Even though I haven't bought anything from him (EDIT: Just bought something :D) he was always fast and courteous. I had inquired about a copy of something during the Summer Sale, and even though he was out, he still took the time to talk with me about the game.

Hope he continues to stop by the thread even after he closes shop.

Anyone know if his wishlist is current?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, playing through Deus Ex 1 is almost too hard on my mind. Every single time I finish a level, I look up what I missed and I end with a lot of stuff. Stuff I didn't even think about doing.

The most obvious one is the interrogation sequence in UNATCO. When the Fed dude leaves Manderley's office and goes downstairs, I stayed on the same floor and got some supplies. Because of that, I missed the window where you follow him and enter the cell. From there you can directly talk to one of the prisoner and have a great conversation.

They don't make games like that anymore. Plus, it's incredibly on topic with the current situation with the NSA information collection scandal. Some of the emails and conversations are scarily accurate.
Wow, I didn't know that! The game is even more amazing than I thought.

Definitely my LTTP 2013 GOTY.

On another note, I finally bought Castlevania from Dunder. And at the last moment I decided I would get Whac-a-mole too, so I hope it was worth it.

Shady859

My first time seeing the spread sheet, I usually grabbed him in the BST thread...

If all the green boxes are filled the copies are gone? I saw Rayman combo and Pixeljunk on another site but Dunder is a beast and beat the price by $4. Plus it's Dunder!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm not commenting on frequency. The game needs a price cut so that by next major sale we can get it for $2.50.
Haha, that would be nice! Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying $20 for Recettear seeing as how I love Carpe Fulgur and want to support them but considering my financial stance currently, I'd snag it asap for 5 smacks and it would pretty much complete my CF collection except for Chantelise, which I plan to get sometime in the future. Still waiting for their next game announcement which I heard is going to be very soon.

oipic

I'd like to think Dunder is (and will be) known for simply being a good bloke, and a positive GAF citizen, and a true gentleman etc, long after all the wonderful help he's provided to many of us has passed.

Please stick around and talk and enjoy (or even backlog!) your games with us, Dunder.

koolaroo

Just chiming in to say thanks to Dunder again.

Even though I haven't bought anything from him (EDIT: Just bought something :D) he was always fast and courteous. I had inquired about a copy of something during the Summer Sale, and even though he was out, he still took the time to talk with me about the game.

Hope he continues to stop by the thread even after he closes shop.

Anyone know if his wishlist is current?

Where is this shop?

Just finished Tomb Raider 2013 after picking it up from the Summer Sale. Amazing game. Some repetitive parts, could use some more environment diversity, and optional tombs were a bit lackluster(though believable for the setting), but the presentation, gameplay, setting, and everything else was amazing. The last boss was a little boring, IMO, though overall I felt great upon finishing the game. Didn't 100% it before finishing so I had a reason to go back. I'd recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in Tomb Raider, it's a rollercoaster from start to finish and has a weirdly different vibe from the other games in the series. You are definitely on a grand adventure, and there is a lot of exploration, but at times the game almost feels like survival horror(scoff if you must). More so than any recent entry in the genre I've played.

It will be interesting how they take the series going forward. Because I felt the humanizing of Lara Croft, how she was forced to survive or die on a regular basis and wasn't this master acrobat/gunslinger(to an extent) really made playing the game a riveting experience.

Spoilers:
I was hoping that upon finishing the game you'd get dual pistols but no dice. :( Or maybe even the classic Tomb Raider outfit. But nothing. Nada. That kinda sucked.

It will be interesting how they take the series going forward. Because I felt the humanizing of Lara Croft, how she was forced to survive or die on a regular basis and wasn't this master acrobat/gunslinger(to an extent) really made playing the game a riveting experience.

She climbed all over the island like nobodies business and easily gunned down about a thousand guys.

I don't know what she needs to do to earn her master certificate, but if she doesn't have it yet they might need to look at revising their system.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Is it too hard to do my first playthrough on Hard? And if not, then what's the code?

Grief.exe

Wow, this is awesome.

Capcom reissuing Ducktales Nes carts

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/...cktales-as-an-ultra-limited-golden-cartridge/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649679

"DuckTales was programmed onto brand-new circuit boards and chips, ensuring each game's longevity," a spokesman told Ars. "They're housed in vintage NES cartridge shells, which have been carefully refurbished and hand-painted with a golden sheen. It's a specialized process, and as materials continue to age, it becomes increasingly more rare to acquire parts in good condition."

IMG_2082.jpg

Dunder was responsible for every game purchase I made on Steam lately. He was very helpful, and will be missed. I'm sad I missed out on a copy of Payday 2 though.

Turfster

Put this on your wishlists, guys. I just finished it on the 360 a few minutes ago, and right now it's on the shortlist for GOTY. It's only 3-4 hours in length, but it's got one of the best narratives I've played in a long while, and the graphics, gameplay, story and music all just mesh into one beautiful whole.

I want it, but I don't have a wired 360 controller anymore... so I'd have to do it with M/Kb probably. How well would that work?

Man, thanks for all the kind words, makes my heart melt and sad that I can't keep offering everyone on GAF these deals.
Also want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who gifted me a game, you really didn't have to.
This just shows what a great community GAF is and I'm reminded every day why I want to put down all this time on doing this.

To show my gratitude, even if I already have a few special deals in my spreadsheet, I'm gonna post something here too:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-62255146D79A3D1A
Payday 2 Standard (Pre-Order) -- MB-2E99B8CF0B55FE1C
Rising Storm Deluxe -- MB-CFE62512924E1FF8

Note: Rising Storm winner, contact me for a Rising Storm Deluxe Upgrade gift.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Man, thanks for all the kind words, makes my heart melt and sad that I can't keep offering everyone on GAF these deals.
Also want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who gifted me a game, you really didn't have to.
This just shows what a great community GAF is and I'm reminded every day why I want to put down all this time on doing this.

To show my gratitude, even if I already have a few special deals in my spreadsheet, I'm gonna post something here too:

You're the best, man. Hope to see you around here more often once you've gotten the business turned off.

Fracas

#fuckonami

How does this man not have an awesome tag yet?!

yoshizzle

Very nice giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom