• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
how does it calculate the value of previous giveaways? wouldn't most giveaways be games purchased at a discount? so, like, someone gives away a bunch of HIB keys and then... gets credit for the full cost of each game?
Bundled games can only count up to $30 of your total.

73V3N

Banned
how does it calculate the value of previous giveaways? wouldn't most giveaways be games purchased at a discount? so, like, someone gives away a bunch of HIB keys and then... gets credit for the full cost of each game?

I think the HIB keys only count to up to $25 or something and then they stop adding value to your "contributor" thing.

EDIT: beaten.

Cybaster

HIB bundle gets calculated from the average purchase I think. But you likely can just post each game separately.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bundled games can only count up to $30 of your total.

wouldn't the more sensible way be to count any HIB base game as $0.25, any Groupees game as $0.75, and IR game as $1.00, etc rather than imposing a cap and giving an inaccurate number?

is this actually a useful thing? i ask because if it's something people really want i'd be happy to add it to ModBot, but it'd have to be justified by a sense that people are going to more likely to give more and better games if they had that rule as "protection"

Shouldn't have bought Legends given I'm getting it on the Vita and maybe even the Wii U but that deal was just too good ;-; REGRET

But really, thanks for your work Dunder. You've saved me literally hundreds of dollars and let me play more than I normally would.

Very awesome raffle Dunder! Hope I'll win (just kidding, I never win)
mpgBk.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
is this actually a useful thing? i ask because if it's something people really want i'd be happy to add it to ModBot, but it'd have to be justified by a sense that people are going to more likely to give more and better games if they had that rule as "protection"

Most people there are split on the CV issue. It causes a bunch of unneccesary drama due to how they calculate it.

Yep that's how it works, it's pretty stupid.

Considering the regen rate of your points, it evens out and kind of makes it worth it.

But yeah, Contributor Only raffles, where someone puts up a ridiculously high number, are stupid. I just stay away from CORs unless I have the points and make the cut.

wilflare

I think the Contributor thing is useful... It makes it possible to actually win something...

The problem is with the calculation but I guess if we are adding it to Modbot, we can come up with our own way of deciding the rules/regulations.

And Dunder, thanks once again, you made giving away games to my friends possible (without cracking open my piggybank)

Salsa

also I beat Guacamelee with 53 out of 60 achievements and it took me 11 hours, wich is more than I expected. The challenges were fun, and so was the orb collectin, so the extra stuff is good.

still mad that ill have to play thriugh it again to get all cheevos because I didnt know a fucking code, but oh well.

Lain

Man, thanks for all the kind words, makes my heart melt and sad that I can't keep offering everyone on GAF these deals.
Also want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who gifted me a game, you really didn't have to.
This just shows what a great community GAF is and I'm reminded every day why I want to put down all this time on doing this.

To show my gratitude, even if I already have a few special deals in my spreadsheet, I'm gonna post something here too:

Note: Rising Storm winner, contact me for a Rising Storm Deluxe Upgrade gift.

Thanks for the giveaway, really nice of you.

The people have spoken!
I'll see if I can put up a small guide tomorrow (5.20 am here, still haven't had the time to go to bed yet).
It probably won't get you as good deals as I have, since I work with much larger volumes, but it will give you an idea of how it works at least and let you decide if you wanna use a middleman or not.
If you gaffers work together and be a bit smart and attentive, you'll notice how the market work, how to bargain with the tf2 sellers and be able to do some good deals.

That would be awesome to spread the knowledge around!

Thanks for the giveaway, Dunder, and a big thanks for all the great deals you've given to all of us. Hopefully you post here more often without the hassle of wheelin' and dealin'. =P

M*A*S*H

That was bloody hard, but I finally did it. Tiny platforms that phase in and out is not my idea of fun. Guacamelee is no slouch challenge wise.

Grief.exe

So in Papers, Please I am struggling with identifying people with multiple names.

I give them the fingerprint, it comes back, and the name matches the one on the Passport, I approve them.

Comes back failing because of the name. I don't get it.

Tecl0n

So in Papers, Please I am struggling with identifying people with multiple names.

I give them the fingerprint, it comes back, and the name matches the one on the Passport, I approve them.

Comes back failing because of the name. I don't get it.

Check for discrepancies between the prints they gave you and the one you took from the person, they are not "scanned" by the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom