• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
Man, thanks for all the kind words, makes my heart melt and sad that I can't keep offering everyone on GAF these deals.
Also want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who gifted me a game, you really didn't have to.
This just shows what a great community GAF is and I'm reminded every day why I want to put down all this time on doing this.

To show my gratitude, even if I already have a few special deals in my spreadsheet, I'm gonna post something here too:

Note: Rising Storm winner, contact me for a Rising Storm Deluxe Upgrade gift.

Thanks for the giveaway, I'm very sad to see your store closing up.

Miletius

Very tempted by Papers, Please. I watched a few minutes on Twich and it really seems to get far above it's limited ( but still awesome) premise.

maneil99

Man, thanks for all the kind words, makes my heart melt and sad that I can't keep offering everyone on GAF these deals.
Also want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who gifted me a game, you really didn't have to.
This just shows what a great community GAF is and I'm reminded every day why I want to put down all this time on doing this.
I'll take care of them :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We're supposed to be giving you games, Dunder. :p I'm tempted to enter for Mortal Kombat, but I'm not sure if I'd play it any time soon.

Card Boy

Banned
DMC4 doesn't work in DX10 mode unless you uninstall Windows update KB2670838. Just a heads up for any people thinking of playing it.

Awesome giveaway, Dunder. I entered for Mortal Kombat. Your store helped out a ton of people, including myself, so thanks for your contribution to the Steam community.

I want it, but I don't have a wired 360 controller anymore... so I'd have to do it with M/Kb probably. How well would that work?

To be honest, I don't think it would. It's very much based on the fact that you control one brother with the left stick and trigger, and the other brother with the right stick and trigger.

Even if they do let you play without a controller, I definitely think something would be lost in the translation.

Volotaire

To show my gratitude, even if I already have a few special deals in my spreadsheet, I'm gonna post something here too:

Thanks, you've been a star on these forums.

Card Boy

Banned
Also thanks Dunder you helped me out with Skullgirls, Sherlock Holmes, Tomb Raider Collection and Payday 2 CCE.

salute.gif

73V3N

Banned

Thanks for the giveaway, your store will be missed ;_;

Turfster

To be honest, I don't think it would. It's very much based on the fact that you control one brother with the left stick and trigger, and the other brother with the right stick and trigger.

Even if they do let you play without a controller, I definitely think something would be lost in the translation.

Yeah, I know. I'll probably just grab it on the 360 or the PS3 in the end. Ah well.

Also, great raffle DunderHassan, and while I never used your store myself, I've only heard good things about you, so thank you for your valuable service to the community.

Cth

I was just about to check out at Nuuvem with a copy of that. Close call.

I did that during the Summer Sale to thank a fellow GAFfer..

.. ended up getting a second copy of Civ 5 (or the other guy got Civ 5 Gold).. I was planning on getting a copy for myself anyways though.

Thanks JaseC and others for helping with the wishlist stuff.

We're supposed to be giving you games, Dunder. :p I'm tempted to enter for Mortal Kombat, but I'm not sure if I'd play it any time soon.

Enter nao, who knows when I'll have the time to download 30 GB of Badass Payne and watch that long movie :)

Also, if you guys need some advice or something regarding trading, feel free to shoot me a message, I'll gladly try to help.
Was thinking to making some kind of small guide or something, so you can just go straight to the game reseller and trade the tf2 keys you have for a game you want.
Not sure though if this already was discussed to death, then I'll let it rest in peace.

Cheers

DTKT

Enter nao, who knows when I'll have the time to download 30 GB of Badass Payne and watch that long movie :)

Also, if you guys need some advice or something regarding trading, feel free to shoot me a message, I'll gladly try to help.
Was thinking to making some kind of small guide or something, so you can just go straight to the game reseller and trade the tf2 keys you have for a game you want.
Not sure though if this already was discussed to death, then I'll let it rest in peace.

Cheers

I'm definitely interested in that. That kind of secondary market is fascinating.

Cheers

Would love to learn how this works.

mannerbot

Cheers

I would definitely like a guide, and Stump expressed interest in the subject as well earlier in this thread along with a desire to possibly automate the process. And thank you for everything you've done for GAFfers!

never had the chance to buy anything from you, but what you've done is amazing!

You're the man Dunder! You fueled my game addiction! Thank you for everything bro :D

Cheers
That would be cool to know :)

Cheers

i think everyone here but one person would enjoy reading such a guide ;). thanks for hooking us all up for so long!

Deliverance

Neo Member
As everyone is saying here, thank for all your awesome deals, Dunder. We will miss you a lot! You made me buy games I wasn't very interested in and that I wouldn't have tried without your deals...

I too would be interested in that guide :3.

The people have spoken!
I'll see if I can put up a small guide tomorrow (5.20 am here, still haven't had the time to go to bed yet).
It probably won't get you as good deals as I have, since I work with much larger volumes, but it will give you an idea of how it works at least and let you decide if you wanna use a middleman or not.
If you gaffers work together and be a bit smart and attentive, you'll notice how the market work, how to bargain with the tf2 sellers and be able to do some good deals.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Oh man, this is awesome of you. You'll stay here, right? You have to!

The people have spoken!
I'll see if I can put up a small guide tomorrow (5.20 am here, still haven't had the time to go to bed yet).
It probably won't get you as good deals as I have, since I work with much larger volumes, but it will give you an idea of how it works at least and let you decide if you wanna use a middleman or not.
If you gaffers work together and be a bit smart and attentive, you'll notice how the market work, how to bargain with the tf2 sellers and be able to do some good deals.
Keeping it classy, as always ;)

wilflare

The people have spoken!

Thank you Dunder! That guide will be helpful :D

And please stay around - we have to play Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed again with Mikor!

So, there's a dude with a Bad Rats raffle on the Steam Gifts site.

It's a Contributor Only raffle.

For $900.

Which would be lol, except there are 70 entries.

Gbraga

That is a bit harsh. What is wrong with-

Oh.

If only that was the only problem... I'm a big Conviction fan so I'm ok with "not stealth", but not only the contextual stuff sounds awful, the reason behind them is even worse.

Immersion, really? When did it stop being something to make games better and started getting in the way of a good game?

Cth

Has anyone tried Magrunners and have any strong opinions on it?

Looking at getting Papers Please, Hammerwatch and possibly Magrunners as soon as I get paid.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, there's a dude with a Bad Rats raffle on the Steam Gifts site.

It's a Contributor Only raffle.

For $900.

Which would be lol, except there are 70 entries.

how do contributor only raffles work--it adds up the cash value of previous giveaways by a person and sets a minimum threshold? how does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom