• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the platforming section in Tule Tree with all the spikes or the disappearing platforms bit ? If it's the latter try only looking at one pattern, when you're on a platform that's going to disappear jump towards another of those platform and do a shoryuken to stay longer in mid air. It should be long enough for the platform the disappear and reappear.

Quoting you again to say that I finally finished that part with your advice. My mistake was going Jump-Jump-Shoryuken instead of Jump-Shoryuken-Jump. The latter gives way more aerial control, making it rather easy. Took me two tries to get familiar with the layout and got it on the third. Thanks!

With that I went back to the final boss, beat him with melee attacks only for an achievement and unlocked
the secret ending
. Which was a bit disappointing but I still feel I got my money's worth due to everything that came before that. Fantastic game and I'll be keeping a close eye on Drinkbox in the future.

wilflare

Guess I have to hope to buy Spelunky another day now :/

Last year of college begins on the day Dunder closes shop - it's a sign to stop gaming

Would it be on there since only the UK version got a retail release?

Valve only updates that list when it feels like doing so. 007 Legends is indeed Steamworks: note the logo on the bottom of the official site. I've been meaning to import a copy myself for a while now.

I've been scoping one out for awhile now. I only see Amazon UK has them: here

If you find a cheaper copy, do you mind letting me know? Vice versa of course.

Grief.exe

Guess I have to hope to buy Spelunky another day now :/

Last year of college begins on the day Dunder closes shop - it's a sign to stop gaming

Congratulations, you should treat yourself to Papers, Please.

I am literally addicted to that game right now, and Spelunky as well.

Valve only updates that list when it feels like doing so. 007 Legends is indeed Steamworks: note the logo on the bottom of the official site. I've been meaning to import a copy myself for a while now.

Import away then

Sajjaja

I feel as if I'm obligated to empty Dunder's stock by buying a copy of Gucamelee even though I only have a minor compulsion to buy it. I mean... it's only $8....right......right????? (plus the dollar in PP fees and currency exchange rates) Plus I probably can't afford it with school and all D:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been scoping one out for awhile now. I only see Amazon UK has them: here

If you find a cheaper copy, do you mind letting me know? Vice versa of course.

That's the cheapest I've come across, although it's not an option for me since Amazon is a giant stick in the mud when it comes to shipping games internationally. If I happen upon a better deal, though, I'll be sure to let you know.

It's a shame that PC only got 007 Legends and not the superior GoldenEye :/
Yea, I know :/

I feel as if I'm obligated to empty Dunder's stock by buying a copy of Gucamelee even though I only have a minor compulsion to buy it. I mean... it's only $8....right......right????? (plus the dollar in PP fees and currency exchange rates) Plus I probably can't afford it with school and all D:
DOOOO IT!

That's the cheapest I've come across, although it's not an option for me since Amazon is a giant stick in the mud when it comes to shipping games internationally. If I happen upon a better deal, though, I'll be sure to let you know.
Maybe a EuroGAFer would be willing to help out? It sucks that it sold out so fast when it was on sale for $20 on Amazon last year :(

Even if I wanted to buy something from Dunder, I wouldn't know where to look or how to do it. I still appreciate all the good work he's been doing for this community and endered the giveaway :) thanks Dunder!

Deques

There is one online retail shop in Sweden that sells 007 Legends. But it cost ~62 dollars excluding shipping fee. That's insane price

I might be able to order it for ~$37 here in Switzerland. Or I might find it cheap in a store and send you the key. What's your sweet spot for the game?

JaseC

I might be able to order it for ~$37 here in Switzerland. Or I might find it cheap in a store and send you the key. What's your sweet spot for the game?

Less than $40 would be ideal, but with August being as ridiculous as it is, I won't be able to chase a copy for a little while yet.

Why does everyone want 007 legends, its god awful

It was pulled from Steam when Acti abandoned the James Bond licence at the beginning of the year.

def sim

Good choice. The Payday 2 beta is a lot of fun.

Yeah, if I don't win this Dunder raffle (thanks buddy!) I'm going to go ahead and purchase it.

Anyway, a group I played with earlier had some kid planning and directing the beginning of the Hospital mission to every last detail only for it to immediately go to shit once we started. It wasn't my fault, but I felt bad. :(

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Jasec why do you buy awful games?

image.php

<3

JaseC

Gotcha. I'll let you know if I find a cheap copy on my bi-weekly retail bargain hunt.

Cheers. :)

Jasec why do you buy awful games? And why do you buy prima guides for them?

tumblr_mkfru7uixo1rmynhuu7.gif

The Prima guides pertaining to Bethesda's games still aren't back up. :( Since they were taken down when the QuakeCon Sale began I thought they'd return once it was over.

Edit: If Scamco works with Prima/Brady to put together a (Steam) guide for Dark Souls 2, it'll be the first one I actually use. ;)

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a cross-country truck driver. Then detaining people at the border. Later, I'm treasure gathering in the mines.

These are some good-gaming times people.

Salsa

I think I might just speedrun through guacamelee again on hard now. 58 out of 60 (both cheevos related to hard difficulty) just feels bad man

Tak3n

Banned
Less than $40 would be ideal, but with August being as ridiculous as it is, I won't be able to chase a copy for a little while yet.

It was pulled from Steam when Acti abandoned the James Bond licence at the beginning of the year.

There seems to be no copies anywhere, except at Amazon UK......

I am happy to help Jase if you want, just did a quick postage check, and for International Signed for at 300 grams (the weight is a guess) it is £12.95 or $22 Aus Dollars

but at least that way I can"gift" it to you to avoid customs

JaseC

There seems to be no copies anywhere, except at Amazon UK......

I am happy to help Jase if you want, just did a quick postage check, and for International Signed for at 300 grams (the weight is a guess) it is £12.95 or $22 Aus Dollars

but at least that way I can"gift" it to you to avoid customs

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. :) I don't need the actual package itself, just the key would be fine.

Tak3n

Banned
I'll keep that in mind, thanks. :) I don't need the actual package itself, just the key would be fine.

ahh ok,

well it is up to you, I am a prime customer so I can have it here tomorrow if you wish if you just need the key emailed..... you sure it is a Key as there are used copies on there for sale, so without a key I would of thought it was useless?

JaseC

ahh ok,

well it is up to you, I am a prime customer so I can have it here tomorrow if you wish if you just need the key emailed..... you sure it is a Key as there are used copies on there for sale, so without a key I would of thought it was useless?

It's definitely a Steamworks game. A used copy would be useless if the key has been used, but the copies on offer might just be unsealed or damaged.

JaseC

Oh, I realise there are new copies available: I was just addressing his concern.

I'm still looking for someone that has a tradeable copy of LoL on Steam. There's gotta be someone.

League of Legends? You can't squirrel away free content as it's installed from the store page rather than added to one's cart.

Salsa

HOLY SHIT YES! I GOT PACMAN DX EDITION FOR $1

IF YOU SCROLL DOWN ON DUNDERS PAGE IT WAS HIDDEN! WINNER IS ME!

did you actually had to paypal him a dollar

also pacman is so far away, on sept 25th ill be in Colombia anyway

going all wakawakawaka on DRUGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom