• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Payday 2 tomorrow? Thought it was delayed until end of month. Won't pre load though, unpacking a preload takes way too long.

Milamber

Ah, GMG only just emailed out the XCom pack codes.

Huzzah!

Meanwhile they still did not fix that Bureau code bug.

EDIT: *eye twitch*

2ztKLsF.png

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm weird...so with The Bureau promotion they just put the old X-Com games in your inventory instead of gifting them to you?

Do they only gift the game to you if you already have it in your inventory?

garath

I know it was probably discussed a few pages back but I see Starforge Alpha is a daily. I picked that up during the summer sale and it's pretty rough. Definitely an alpha. I don't know that there's enough there to even call it a game at this point. :(

Van helsing is fun though. Worth a pickup.

Megasoum

Banned
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

X-Com Enemy Unknown -- MB-492968403A293E40 - Taken by DeadlyVirus

Dolor

Started playing Cities in Motion 2 because cards, and it is a legitimately good game. It's pretty limited in scope but very deep, and if you enjoy the transportation infrastructure building of typical city builders (e.g. Simcity or Cities XL), there is a lot to like in CiM2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this code usable on Rome 2?

Nope. :( The game is still three weeks away, though, so there may be something closer to release.

It was a purchasable "collector's edition" or something like that. Was only available in EU for a short period of time.

Ah, right.

JaseC has his collection of Saoirse pictures, Salsa has his chat screencaptures.

I almost didn't recognise him without his Steam chat avatar. :p

oipic

Wonderful giveaway, Mega - nice one! Thanks mate. May it find a great and deserving home.

Confessional: shamefully, I've had XCOM in my library for awhile now, I'm super-pumped to play it...but haven't even installed it yet. :/

Just a couple of other things to beat (and then uninstall) first. In here I can talk about this openly and honestly, and I know you guys will understand... (right?)

Cth

Oops.. apparently I only have 194 games.. should have checked my profile instead of Library :D

Ah well, 200'll come soon enough. Picking up another 3 this week possibly.

Started playing Cities in Motion 2 because cards, and it is a legitimately good game. It's pretty limited in scope but very deep, and if you enjoy the transportation infrastructure building of typical city builders (e.g. Simcity or Cities XL), there is a lot to like in CiM2.

Yeah these sims have been surprising me with how great they are. Euro Truck Simulator is pretty cool as well.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
With everyone looking for Brazilian hook-ups, all I can say is that shit is about to get Real.

it is going to be interesting to see how the 2nd hand market changes, especially here on GAF, after Dunderpocolypse is officially over.

Looks like Maneil99 is the first up to bat.

chronomac

Good God, the final boss in Guacamelee is one big pain in the ass. I tried about a dozen times last night and finally gave up. I'll try again tonight after work. That game's biggest weakness if how quickly the difficulty ramps up in spots. It's smooth sailing and then BAM, there's a tough platform part. Smooth sailing, BAM, giant horde of enemies. Then again with the final boss. It's not the gradual climb it should be. Still worth playing, especially on sale for around $10 from a Brazilian or Russian user.

I have not tried Mutant Blobs Attack yet, though. Do people like that game?

Fireblend

Banned
Why is Dunder stopping? Do we know?

Managing the store took time, and he wasn't really making a substantial profit relative to how much time he had to invest in getting the games and dealing with transactions. Demand was only growing too. If anything he was too generous and kept it online for too long.

Plus he recently graduated and he has a life to get back to
3AQmK.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Damn I checked the spreadsheet and saw $1 spelunky up so I put my name in the cell, then I realized I hadn't seen the full comments on the spreadsheet due to stopping the script in firefox. It was long filled in. That's a pretty good jumpstart to my day though.

Boss as hell sale though for real

HoosTrax

Good God, the final boss in Guacamelee is one big pain in the ass. I tried about a dozen times last night and finally gave up.
The final boss only has like three attacks and they all have obvious tells and are easily dodgeable. His hitbox is a little awkward, but his hand is a good point to attack and lets you back off easily.

chronomac

The final boss only has like three attacks and they all have obvious tells and are easily dodgeable. His hitbox is a little awkward, but his hand is a good point to attack and lets you back off easily.

The first part wasn't hard but for some reason I had trouble getting the second part down. Should I just rely on throwing those falling rocks, or should I just hit em regularly?

Quake1028

Man, thanks for all the kind words, makes my heart melt and sad that I can't keep offering everyone on GAF these deals.
Also want to give my sincere thanks to everyone who gifted me a game, you really didn't have to.
This just shows what a great community GAF is and I'm reminded every day why I want to put down all this time on doing this.

To show my gratitude, even if I already have a few special deals in my spreadsheet, I'm gonna post something here too:

Note: Rising Storm winner, contact me for a Rising Storm Deluxe Upgrade gift.

Entered for one game. Thank you sir!

HoosTrax

The first part wasn't hard but for some reason I had trouble getting the second part down. Should I just rely on throwing those falling rocks, or should I just hit em regularly?
I wanted to get the achievement for using only melee attacks, so I ignored the meteors.

Flashing mouth = he's about to spit three sets of three fireballs (jump over these)
Moving right off screen = he's about to fire a massive horizontal beam (duck)
Raising arms off the ground = he's about to ground-pound (double-jump and/or shoryuken to stay off ground)
Glowing cross pattern in the air = he's about to fire two diagonal criss-crossing beams (stay in the middle)
Two vertical beams in the air = he's about to fire two vertical beams (stay in the middle)

chronomac

I wanted to get the achievement for using only melee attacks, so I ignored the meteors.

Flashing mouth = he's about to spit three sets of three fireballs (jump over these)
Moving right off screen = he's about to fire a massive horizontal beam (duck)
Raising arms off the ground = he's about to ground-pound (double-jump and/or shoryuken to stay off ground)
Glowing cross pattern in the air = he's about to fire two diagonal criss-crossing beams (stay in the middle)
Two vertical beams in the air = he's about to fire two vertical beams (stay in the middle)

Now I feel like I might suck at the game. Thanks for the advice. I just tried to use the meteors the entire time and it's hard to dodge when you're leaping and grabbing all the time.

I do like that you get a ton of achievements for playing through. I think I got 25-30 so far with that many (or more) waiting.

Vindicis

Banned
Huge thanks to Dunder for helping a GAF noob during the summer sale with some great deals! He was extremely nice and explained everything in detail. You will be missed!

Also, is there a list of steam games that are no longer on steam that are steamworks? I know there was a general list of all the games that were pulled at one time but I don't recall if it broke down which titles are steamworks. I'd like to go about acquiring the ones that I can from retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom