• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daellon

Neo Member
Really liking The Swapper. The game has an incredible sense of atmosphere and the puzzles are really, really well designed. It's like someone combined Portal, Metroid, and the movie Moon and this game is the end result.

The achievements for the secret rooms are a bitch. I'm the type of person that likes to explore every single corner and so far I haven't found a single one of the secret rooms.

I got the game based on recommendations here and I have to agree that the game was very good. The comparison to Moon was fairly apt, though only in the sense that I loved the topics and science fiction of it.

The secret rooms are not obvious in any way. The only hints for finding them were for me to look for places that seemed more obvious that you wouldn't be able to go. (For example: There was one at the very top of a very large gravity well.)

Tizoc

I wanted to get the achievement for using only melee attacks, so I ignored the meteors.

Flashing mouth = he's about to spit three sets of three fireballs (jump over these)
Moving right off screen = he's about to fire a massive horizontal beam (duck)
Raising arms off the ground = he's about to ground-pound (double-jump and/or shoryuken to stay off ground)
Glowing cross pattern in the air = he's about to fire two diagonal criss-crossing beams (stay in the middle)
Two vertical beams in the air = he's about to fire two vertical beams (stay in the middle)

Final boss in Guacamelee wasn't really that hard once you figure out his patterns.

garath

Watching Papers, Please on Spamfish's stream right now. That game has moved up my wishlist lol.

So cool. I love that there's still innovation in games.

r3n4ud

Good Luck!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

XCOM Enemy Unknown Slingshot Pack -- MB-3235F5C4D3B37660 - Taken by Deques
Xcom Enemy Unknown -- MB-61F1B7B81DF6DB73 - Taken by Alien8
XCOM Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack -- MB-C74F8155B5FE2E12 - Taken by Eanan
Rayman Origins -- MB-31EBF1EF574CA86D - Taken by rainking187

Grief.exe

Watching Papers, Please on Spamfish's stream right now. That game has moved up my wishlist lol.

So cool. I love that there's still innovation in games.

In Indie games. AAA games have left behind innovation for dumbing down.

And that is why I love PC gaming, its the mecca for Indie games

maneil99

Should be clearing out my back orders today. Sorry for all the delays. Was getting over loaded last night. Hopefully I can lower prices a tad more vs tf2outpost. Not sure how dunder did it.

garath

In Indie games. AAA games have left behind innovation for dumbing down.

And that is why I love PC gaming, its the mecca for Indie games

So true. Indies like Rogue Legacy, Papers Please, Dragon Commander, Shadowrun and FTL would never have made it on a console (well maybe Rogue Legacy). PC gaming is a great low cost way to get your game out there.

Megasoum

Banned
I should have asked for the receipt on my 3h raffle... Maybe it should be automatic for long raffles?

When the code is given away right away it's easy to track and see who won but when it's 3 hours later (or even 24) it can get lost in the normal thread activity.

Fox318

I really need to finish Bioshock 2. I got up to the big reveal of who a character is and lost interest. Gameplay was great.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I should have asked for the receipt on my 3h raffle... Maybe it should be automatic for long raffles?

When the code is given away right away it's easy to track and see who won but when it's 3 hours later (or even 24) it can get lost in the normal thread activity.

I recommend everyone ask for receipts, but ultimately the person who wins is probably going to thank you if they're not a turd.

Megasoum

Banned
I recommend everyone ask for receipts, but ultimately the person who wins is probably going to thank you if they're not a turd.

Yeah, also I noticed that if you use a gift link with modbot, when the person redeems the gift, the user is automatically added to your Steam friendlist.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

If you need a bot remember you to thank someone who just gifted you a game you don't deserve the game in first place.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Provided they're ackgift links and not keys, I'm guessing r3n4ud accidentally redeemed the gifts into his own inventory before sending the links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom