• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duress

So for some reason when I open the steam page in chrome, it comes out in dutch; when I'm in the U.S.

Any reason I can change this?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New BundleStar bundle
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior
  • Men of War: Condemned Heroes
  • AirBuccaneers
  • Numen: Contest of Heroes
  • Tower Wars
  • Dogfight 1942
  • Chaser
  • Really Big Sky
  • Genesis Rising
  • PID

all for £3.86

Thanks. Picked this one up and decided to jump on the previous bundle even though I have a lot of the games.

Kifimbo

Maybe old, but hey:

PC Compatible? Next Year.

The Xbox One controller won't quite be ready for PC gamers. The 360 gamepad has been popular there, but due to the incompatibility of the Xbox One controller and the 360 one, plugging an Xbox One controller into a computer won't just work—not yet.

Alam didn't have any details to share on this, but a Microsoft spokesperson said, in an e-mailed statement, that there is some work that we need to do to make sure that existing PC games that support the Xbox 360 controller will work with the Xbox One controller. While it seems trivial, it’s actually quite a bit of dedicated work for all that to be seamless for the user. We know people want to use the Xbox One controller on their PC, and we do too - we expect to have the functionality available in 2014."

http://kotaku.com/how-the-xbox-one-controller-has-changed-1109126240

wow that sucks. i want a bitchin d-pad without having to resort to a saturn pad or something that doesn't have enough buttons. if the ps4 one gets a pc driver that will easily be king with that touchpad, but i doubt sony will do that.

still wish they'd make the xb1 one work on 360. all the buttons are the same -_-. i'm keeping my 360 indefinitely but no reason to go next gen for anything other than a decent dpad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, that's a purchase delayed.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty happy with the Xbox 360 controller on my PC. The Xbone controller will have to be pretty dang awesome to make me want to replace it.

So I was down to a GB of storage left on my computer. Got to uninstall some games and demos. If I sync my saves and uninstall, will I keep my progress when I install later?

maty

Oh man, why do I need to sleep. I missed Dunder's crazy $1 deals :(

At least I got in for a copy of Guacamelee! at $8 last night

KarmaCow

Wow I had no idea that you would be notified on your activity feed if someone not on your friends list uploaded a screenshot of you. Is that a steamworks thing or is it just limited to Valve games?

I got one off ebay for $18, very happy with it, opted to get an official one and not a third party one.

I have an old wired controller that I opened up and improved with some accessories from my newer wireless controllers. Funny enough the wired one is almost 8 years old and has a lot less issues than any of the wireless ones I have.

Aaron

Giving away spare keys. Syberia ones might be expired since they're a bit old.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syberia 2 -- MB-B0EE9646B04FC8C2 - Taken by FloatingDivider
Pid -- MB-7A1D2DE32896955B - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Syberia -- MB-354FE451A6D26A61 - Taken by Colkate
Two Worlds 2 -- MB-48A1EC7B22BC5AAC - Taken by Blue Ninja

Aaron

Thanks for the Two Worlds 2 code, Aaron, but Steam says it's already been taken.
Sorry about that. Maybe it also expired. I know I didn't use it since I don't even have it on steam. Got it direct download a while back.

Edit: Turns out I added it on steam anyway when I originally got the bundle. I am a collecting fool.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Couldn't resist any longer and bought Max Payne 1, 2 and 3 on Nuuvem, never played any of them (apparently MP1 has been cheaper than this on Steam before but w/e, I'd rather get them all at once). I'll play MP3 first though.

I just noticed Max Payne 2 isn't available on the Brazilian store. Some publishing rights nonsense I think, thankfully this kind of thing doesn't affect activations.

how does the wireless 360 adapter work if you have a 360 in the same room? like lets say i play a little 360, turn off my console with the controller and then want to play on the pc. when i turn on the controller again to sync it with the pc, isn't it going to trigger my 360 to turn on resulting in an annoyance of having to turn the console off? or how does switching back and forth work? is it quick/convenient?

jshackles

how does the wireless 360 adapter work if you have a 360 in the same room? like lets say i play a little 360, turn off my console with the controller and then want to play on the pc. when i turn on the controller again to sync it with the pc, isn't it going to trigger my 360 to turn on resulting in an annoyance of having to turn the console off? or how does switching back and forth work? is it quick/convenient?

If you only have one controller to share between the Xbox and PC, then yes I think you'll have these sorts of headaches syncing the controller back and forth between the two devices.

If you have a controller that is dedicated to the PC and one that is dedicated to the Xbox, once they're synced up you'll have no problems with either of them turning on the wrong device.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
not sure if this has been discussed but Mortal Kombat is 13.49 on the amazon store.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DGZDFO4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This is the price I wanted during the summer sale so I went ahead and bought it.

Looking forward to the old ultra violence.

ClockworkOrangeGIF1.gif.CROP.original-original.gif
This .gif. It's funny yet painful to watch. I don't understand it, but the filename tells me it's from the Clockwork Orange movie. Is that right? Does that movie feature lots of gratuitous groin assaults?

Divius

Couldn't resist any longer and bought Max Payne 1, 2 and 3 on Nuuvem, never played any of them (apparently MP1 has been cheaper than this on Steam before but w/e, I'd rather get them all at once). I'll play MP3 first though.
Why?

jshackles

This .gif. It's funny yet painful to watch. I don't understand it, but the filename tells me it's from the Clockwork Orange movie. Is that right? Does that movie feature lots of gratuitous groin assaults?

It's from Clockwork Orange. I think that's the only groin assault in the movie, but I'm pretty sure it was used here since that movie coined the phrase "Ultra violence".

I found more unused codes. Interested in SPAZ, Zombie Pirates, King Arthur Collection, or Hydrophobia?

Nah, they'd probably just end up on my backlog. I already own Hydrophobia, or I would've picked that. That and Two Worlds II are games I've always wanted to try, but never wanted to pay for. :p

So give 'em away to someone who's going to enjoy them. ;) Thanks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom