• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

how does the wireless 360 adapter work if you have a 360 in the same room? like lets say i play a little 360, turn off my console with the controller and then want to play on the pc. when i turn on the controller again to sync it with the pc, isn't it going to trigger my 360 to turn on resulting in an annoyance of having to turn the console off? or how does switching back and forth work? is it quick/convenient?

You would have to resync.

Maybe sync your controller to the Windows adapter before you switch off your 360 controller?

Turfster

I'm more curious about it because it takes place in my country. :p Looks like it's detached enough from the previous two too. Would it really be detrimental to play 1&2 after it?

There's still a tangential link to the first two, and there are occasional references to what happened, but MP3 is more set up as "We want to do something like Man on Fire, but we make vidya games and not movies", so it works almost standalone.

1 & 2 have very different gameplay and 'feel', and are of course not as shiny since they're over 10 years old ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Max Payne 3 is fucking incredible. The experience gave me such a high.

The whole trilogy is pretty much perfect in my book. Each game is magnificent for different reasons.

neoism

Just added to Bioshock 2

Looks like it is finally getting proper controller support.

i4PprhJaqXL3i.gif

ibyKeN6FMdnlgk.gif

omg pls... the only reason I've never played it.... will buy at $5 instantly

Aaron

More keys I found collecting dust.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-9A80389CC43B0D24 - Taken by Pops Maellard
Hydrophobia -- MB-309CB0FCA79D454A - Taken by statham
Oil Rush -- MB-3371B01E4F411018 - Taken by ZeroXZee
Zombie Pirates -- MB-D7263A5731410367 - Taken by Kifimbo
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-E4F5023CC39CEEB1 - Taken by StWilson85

I always wanted to try the king arthur games, If you still have the collection available. :D
Sorry, I was just checking them over before making a new giveaway, and that's the one key I had used after all. I'm just bad luck with these keys today.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anything in this Xbox One controller video about the PC?
I kind of doubt it, but doesn't hurt to check.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/12/xbo...ferent-improvements-new-video-discusses-them/

If the controller is Xinput, I might just pick one up to replace my 360 ones when the right deal comes along.

This was posted on the last page:

Maybe old, but hey:
PC Compatible? Next Year.

The Xbox One controller won't quite be ready for PC gamers. The 360 gamepad has been popular there, but due to the incompatibility of the Xbox One controller and the 360 one, plugging an Xbox One controller into a computer won't just work—not yet.

Alam didn't have any details to share on this, but a Microsoft spokesperson said, in an e-mailed statement, that there is some work that we need to do to make sure that existing PC games that support the Xbox 360 controller will work with the Xbox One controller. While it seems trivial, it’s actually quite a bit of dedicated work for all that to be seamless for the user. We know people want to use the Xbox One controller on their PC, and we do too - we expect to have the functionality available in 2014."

http://kotaku.com/how-the-xbox-one-controller-has-changed-1109126240

zkylon

zkylewd
This .gif. It's funny yet painful to watch. I don't understand it, but the filename tells me it's from the Clockwork Orange movie. Is that right? Does that movie feature lots of gratuitous groin assaults?

dude wtf

you're like the only argie I know that hasn't watched the clockwork orange

I remember there was a tv channel in cordoba that only played clockwork orange, under the tuscan sun and a samuel jackson flick. watched clockwork orange more times than I can remember. unfortunately watched that diane lane like 4 times too T_T

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Welp, bought the Doujin bundle twice by mistake, so giving away the extra keys.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-DE842CDEB6D40940 - Taken by Addnan
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-59FCDEDFA45DFB22 - Taken by georaldc

Grief.exe

If you are on the fence about Papers, Please get off it and buy the game.

So addicting to work through the game and get your stamp hand a work out.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks Morning and Kifimbo.

That is good news. Unless I am reading it wrong, sounds like they are going to support Xinput and legacy games.

Rather than creating new drivers and a new standard, which would be a nightmare.

That wouldn't be my take away from what they've said. If it were just using straight Xinput it'd be compatible from the get go.

It'll probably be similar to how some older games can use the 360 pad (albeit with some weird glitches like the shoulder buttons not functioning properly). Hopefully the compatibility will be better, though.

Lint21

Neo Member
If you are on the fence about Papers, Please get off it and buy the game.

So addicting to work through the game and get your stamp hand a work out.

It really is a ton of fun. Also good for playing with other people around - my GF has been helping me spot things while I play.

adaen

First time trying ModBot

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Numen Contest of Heroes -- MB-344A0FE60ED5457E - Taken by Deques
Tower Wars -- MB-BC873F5382B216F6 - Taken by Kifimbo
Pid -- MB-9AF3E3C4D66BA853 - Taken by Fireblend
Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-923AE0FEA318EE67 - Taken by liezryou
AirBuccaneers -- MB-A71D7697B068A584 - Taken by nexen
Really Big Sky -- MB-35AB97E7CBBC77C9 - Taken by Addnan

Grief.exe

That wouldn't be my take away from what they've said. If it were just using straight Xinput it'd be compatible from the get go.

It'll probably be similar to how some older games can use the 360 pad (albeit with some weird glitches like the shoulder buttons not functioning properly). Hopefully the compatibility will be better, though.

Well they have to adjust the hardware and the xinput drivers to work with the controller. As well as integrate some of the new features, like the rumble in the triggers that has to integrate with the drivers as well.

Probably not a priority from them right now.

Vindicis

Banned
Got a couple of dups from the lastest bundle stars to give away.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Tower Wars -- MB-3ED64AD72B010ECB - Taken by liezryou
Pid -- MB-59C7EBD853E487B6 - Taken by PandaPedinte
Really Big Sky -- MB-3F75EAD5693D95E2 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Genesis Rising -- MB-D38D8A6E78B765B3 - Taken by trailmix16
Sniper: Ghost Warrior -- MB-4649297D6C014AB4 - Taken by davidsaurus

derExperte

The weeklong deals are up but there's no news yet as the tickers seems to still be broken. So check the Specials section. Guns of Icarus, Strike Suit Zero/Infinity, BIT.TRIP FATE and a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom