• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
Seeing as Giana Sisters is still 3 euros...how is it?

I like platformers like Donkey kong/rayman and such. Is this anything like it?

FloatOn

I have all of the Ys games. I've yet to play them. Maybe I'll make that my project for next month.

What is the optimal order in which to play them?

Toki767

I guess I might need to start selling cards again soon since these sales are still good.

I have all of the Ys games. I've yet to play them. Maybe I'll make that my project for next month.

What is the optimal order in which to play them?

Chronological order is Origin, 1, 2, Oath.

Order of release is 1, 2, Oath, Origin.

I'd go with the latter.

m.gorecki

Jeez, after KR0, the $100 in my Steam Wallet from the EB Games trade in promotion will be gone. That is some massive damage I'm glad stayed away from my real wallet.. this time.

Nillansan

I hope it's more homage to link to the past than blatant ripoff.

Interested in hearing some impressions.

S2MUWhz.gif

I'll probably buy it sometime in August, I'll report back once I have given it a proper spin.

I liked what I saw in the GiantBomb Quick Look.

_machine

All these giveaways and I probably don't have more than a few posts in the previous thread and zero in this one (excessive lurking is a serious problem)...

Anyhow, because I loved both Trines and want to support a local developer a bit more, first one to quote me with an image of the thief gets a Trine 2 Complete Gift.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This happened earlier in the year and lasted only a few days. I think it's just a result of Dailies running for 48 hours during sale periods (which has been the case since the 2011 Winter Sale) and somebody forgetting to flip the switch back.

Giana Sisters still being discounted is definitely a mistake:

Gvaz

Banned
In my few hours of Blood Dragon:

The "quests" all are really uninteresting
the guns aren't very satisfying until you get things like four barrels and explosive rounds
The sound is good and script is funny
Compared to games like Tomb Raider and Last Light which are more graphically impressive games, the game runs like shit on my HD4890 having to run it on medium-low for 30+ fps (except in fights which drops to 20s)
The exploration is very unexciting and boring, even the main character seems to think so.

So far it's merely ranking a "meh" or "it's alright"

Soi-Fong

All these giveaways and I probably don't have more than a few posts in the previous thread and zero in this one (excessive lurking is a serious problem)...

Anyhow, because I loved both Trines and want to support a local developer a bit more, first one to quote me with an image of the thief gets a Trine 2 Complete Gift.

thief.jpg

Toki767

images

Turfster

Luckily, the new cards I got last night were at "pre-sale" prices until this morning, plus I had a one of a kind Foil that I sold for around 7.50. Started off with .13 in my steam wallet before the new cards. Currently have 11.19 with a couple cards left. I figure that as long as I can get in on new cards early/quickly enough commons can sell for .30~.50

Edit: Also, the rush down doesn't seem any worse than it was during the sale, imo.

Dunno, my cards are all down at like, the 5 cent range...

Karu

That KR0 deal is sweet...but no... NO! Playing some Hitman or CS to distract myself - lucky me, my wallet is 'fortunatly' empty

Seems I was beaten :p

Grief.exe

In my few hours of Blood Dragon:

The "quests" all are really uninteresting
the guns aren't very satisfying until you get things like four barrels and explosive rounds
The sound is good and script is funny
Compared to games like Tomb Raider and Last Light which are more graphically impressive games, the game runs like shit on my HD4890 having to run it on medium-low for 30+ fps (except in fights which drops to 20s)
The exploration is very unexciting and boring, even the main character seems to think so.

So far it's merely ranking a "meh" or "it's alright"

And its Uplay.

I'm glad I held off, Call of Juarez looks like it might satisfy that itch. Or Hard Reset if you haven't played it. Both do not have any DRM other than Steam and have Achievements as well.

Hard Reset + Enhanced Steam video I put together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7fCxJ5hMFQ

Tnetennba

Well damn, that's now 2 days in a row where the daily is something I wanted in the sale but never got around to buying. This just feels like harassment at this point.

HoosTrax

For those wondering about the posted Marketplace bot: here is an excerpt of the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
Now that said, there should be some client-side stuff that doesn't do things that would be detectable as anomalous activity / traffic being sent to Valve. Like having Chrome change the font color of prices that are below a certain threshold after you've received that data.

But yeah, if Valve sees that there's only a few milliseconds of time elapsing between them sending the data containing the buy page and them receiving your request, imho, that would set off red flags that the "accept SSA" confirmation is being bypassed too quickly for human input.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, how long is KR0? I read somewhere the first ep is only ten minutes long?

The first act will last you anywhere from ~an hour to 2~3 depending on how thorough you want to be. (I haven't played the second act myself just yet.)

But but but it was the last day of the summer sale! GAF LIED!!!

I brought this on myself, it was obvious we would see a similar offer for KR0 since it was a proposed community deal

A general rule for sales for me is "If this was even cheaper tomorrow would I be pissed that I bought it now". Helps to make a good decision most of the time.

Gvaz

Banned
It's $20, i dont instabuy any game over 5-10 bucks. Only games I spend more than that on I know I'm gonna have a fun time with.

Prophane33

Dunno, my cards are all down at like, the 5 cent range...

Ouch, that's some bad luck. Out of the near 200 cards I've sold since the Summer Sale began I've never sold one for less than .10 profit to myself. I've only had two foils -- one was useless (.78) the other was fantastic (7.50).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom