• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

It's definitely good news for those of us who play from the couch.
Well I'm not going to be critical of people's control input preferences, but is this actually practical? This normally works fine on the console versions of game due to the aim-locking, but do developers typically make those concessions when you swap to controller scheme on the PC versions of the game?

Lain

I need to stop buying Bundle Stars bundles. I always end up paying something more than the advertised price since they charge in pounds.

Slyjss

That is indeed one gorgeous wallpaper. Way better than many of those you can get from collecting badges.

They threw all the awesomeness into this System Shock 2 Profile Wallpaper and there was nothing left for the rest.

be29aeb89512a3791b8e3fc96ed0b467e78ca458.jpg

Tenrius

Well I'm not going to be critical of people's control input preferences, but is this actually practical? This normally works fine on the console versions of game due to the aim-locking, but do developers typically make those concessions when you swap to controller scheme on the PC versions of the game?

What aim locking lol? I don't think many games even have that feature (although I do remember some of the PC ports, which did have it, having it available with the mouse as well). Playing shooters with a gamepad is perfectly fine as it is though.

derExperte

I remember playing games that have noticeable aim assist when you use a controller. Some even let you turn it on/off in the options.

Yup, same price in RU

449rub is more like 14$.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
how the !@%$ does he get it that cheap

13.16 in rubles -> usd, and since he's buying the game with keys, every cent he saves on keys by bulk-buying can be carried forward to profit or savings on the game

for example if you assume that he's paying 7 keys (at $2 a key, this is the nearest whole multiple for buying the game) to a russian buyer, but he's paying $1.50-1.60 a key, that puts his cost at $11.60

liezryou

Just checked, 18$ for me, if you want it for that price pm

Here let me show you guys how you can get it cheaper for yourself so people can stop profiting off dunder quitting.

Step #1: Copy the URL of the steam store page of that game (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940).

Step #2: Go to http://rash.p.ht/ and type that url in there to check the price of the game in tf2 keys. Get the permalink for your order.

Step #3: Buy the tf2 keys necessary, and add http://steamcommunity.com/id/rashfty on steam and message him with the permalink of your order.

It comes out to 17.15$ on community market price (where maneil buys his keys from) , cheaper if you buy keys off gray market (where dunder buys his keys from).

EDIT: You can consider refs like a lower denomination. For trading purposes we assume 6 refs = 1 key. So if a game is 7 keys and 5 refs, you can pay 8 keys and get 1 ref back as change if you don't have any refs.

Nabs

Did they improve the online?

NETWORK:
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" now features vastly improved netcode that will provide you with the most comfortable online experience yet! The new netcode features improved communication speeds between you and your opponent, and also tailors your online experience according to your PC environment!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NETWORK:
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" now features vastly improved netcode that will provide you with the most comfortable online experience yet! The new netcode features improved communication speeds between you and your opponent, and also tailors your online experience according to your PC environment!

Niceeee. I wasn't planning on buying the game, but when it hits 15$ I'll grab it just to support that move.

Salsa

NETWORK:

tumblr_mk37mwG1H71qivoo8o1_500.gif

the king of motherfuckin fighters

Fuck it, just bought KOF13 and SR4. My hype is at max level for both.

At least they're acknowledging that the netcode in KOF is one of the make-or-break points for people. Gives me some confidence that it's actually true.

derExperte

how can we be sure this wouldnt be region locked?

Right now there's only one entry in the Steam-registry*. So if you buy that they can't change it later because you have the 'normal' version. What they can do and have done a few times is later implementing new restrictions to separate Russian versions.

*Totally wrong, there is a RU/CIS entry. So ignore my post. You can't be sure, it could get locked some time down the road.

liezryou

13.16 in rubles -> usd, and since he's buying the game with keys, every cent he saves on keys by bulk-buying can be carried forward to profit or savings on the game

for example if you assume that he's paying 7 keys (at $2 a key, this is the nearest whole multiple for buying the game) to a russian buyer, but he's paying $1.50-1.60 a key, that puts his cost at $11.60

Very hard to find sellers for 1.6$, Impossible for 1.5$. 1.70$ is about the average price now.

Grief.exe

NETWORK:

Fighting game fans

i00usjKgBJXQf.gif

"it seems strange that someone would want to play with a gamepad, the most popular input method for playing video games"

if you include consoles? sure. But we're talking about PC.

If you ask people who game on PC which they would rather use for a FPS....i'd be shocked if it was close.

Tenrius

if you include consoles? sure. But we're talking about PC.

If you ask people who game on PC which they would rather use for a FPS....i'd be shocked if it was close.

You can't really use mouse+keyboard if you're on a couch five meters away from the TV which is hooked up to the computer.

HoosTrax

Here let me show you guys how you can get it cheaper for yourself so people can stop profiting off dunder quitting.

Step #1: Copy the URL of the steam store page of that game (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940).

Step #2: Go to http://rash.p.ht/ and type that url in there to check the price of the game in tf2 keys. Get the permalink for your order.

Step #3: Buy the tf2 keys necessary, and add http://steamcommunity.com/id/rashfty on steam and message him with the permalink of your order.

It comes out to 17.15$ on community market price (where maneil buys his keys from) , cheaper if you buy keys off gray market (where dunder buys his keys from).
Bravo. Should be copy and pasted every time someone tries to shark / profiteer off of people's ignorance.

For indie games though, I usually will pay full price if it's one I really want, as that money you're saving is coming out of the developer's pockets and I'm more hard up for time than I am for money...

NETWORK:

Good to see it but I'm still a bit apprehensive, so I'll wait for some opinions
and a sale

Turfster

You can't really use mouse+keyboard if you're on a couch five meters away from the TV which is hooked up to the computer.

We've had wireless keyboards and mice longer than there have been wireless console controllers! Also, USB extension cords. KB/M on the couch works without problems.

maneil99

Bravo. Should be copy and pasted every time someone tries to shark / profiteer off of people's ignorance.

For indie games though, I usually will pay full price if it's one I really want, as that money you're saving is coming out of the developer's pockets and I'm more hard up for time than I am for money...

His price is 18$, so is mine?

def sim

I think people pay for the convenience as well as the discount. It's a bit harsh to call the sellers sharks.

or awesome? i don't know

duppolo

Right now there's only one entry in the Steam-registry*. So if you buy that they can't change it later because you have the 'normal' version. What they can do and have done a few times is later implementing new restrictions to separate Russian versions.

*Totally wrong, there is an RU/CIS entry. So ignore my post. You can't be sure, it could get locked some time down the road.

ok, so ill wait for a sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom