• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

Calling people out for sharks when they are charging the exact same as the alternative your listing is rude. You've been pissed ever since I listed Rayman Legends for 15$ instead of 14$ in the buy and sell thread, get off my back, I have sold nearly 30 games this week to Gaffers, and I don't make a profit per sale, I make my profit by seller a certain amount of games. I provide people with games cheaper then steam, and as cheap as I can, calling me out for a false claim is stupid.

Tenrius

We've had wireless keyboards and mice longer than there have been wireless console controllers! Also, USB extension cords. KB/M on the couch works without problems.

I tried that, but I still prefer a controller (it's not really comfortable to use a keyboard and especially a mouse while lying down). Not saying it's a universally better way of course.

nexen

They are there but the news feed is still borked. Check the Specials section. BIT.TRIP FATE is 50% off for example.

Bunch older interplay stuff too, looks like.
MDK, MDK2, MDK2HD, Kingpin, Earthworm Jim 1,2,3-D

Some of these are new to steam too, I think?

Calling people out for sharks when they are charging the exact same as the alternative your listing is rude. You've been pissed ever since I listed Rayman Legends for 15$ instead of 14$ in the buy and sell thread, get off my back, I have sold nearly 30 games this week to Gaffers, and I don't make a profit per sale, I make my profit by seller a certain amount of games. I provide people with games cheaper then steam, and as cheap as I can, calling me out for a false claim is stupid.

I don't think anyone called YOU specifically out....

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
dude wtf

you're like the only argie I know that hasn't watched the clockwork orange

I remember there was a tv channel in cordoba that only played clockwork orange, under the tuscan sun and a samuel jackson flick. watched clockwork orange more times than I can remember. unfortunately watched that diane lane like 4 times too T_T
Haha, I never knew that movie was so popular over here. I'm a Buenos Aires master race citizen, so that may be the reason why I never saw it on the Cordoba channel :p

this city sucks

Help a noob out, so from what I understand from certain sellers around here, lets say a game is $10 you buy $10 worth of keys off the marketplace and trade him the keys for game?

Dolor

Just my opinion, but I am ok with people making a few bucks off me by selling me a game at a higher price than they can buy it. If they are selling it to me cheaper than I could get otherwise, then we all win. People's time is worth something, and I think it is more respectful to buy it at a sustainable price than expect every game to be sold to them at the seller's cost.

All that being said, it is amazing how generous Dunder was by giving up all that time to get everyone else cheap games.

EDIT: Cheap games - not free...

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha, I never knew that movie was so popular over here. I'm a Buenos Aires master race citizen, so that may be the reason why I never saw it on the Cordoba channel :p

this city sucks
yeah I wouldn't call it popular (like buenos aires weird jewish middle class love for woody allen), but it's like one of those things, you know

do yourself a favor and watch it, it's great

DagsJT

Here let me show you guys how you can get it cheaper for yourself so people can stop profiting off dunder quitting.

Step #1: Copy the URL of the steam store page of that game (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940).

Step #2: Go to http://rash.p.ht/ and type that url in there to check the price of the game in tf2 keys. Get the permalink for your order.

Step #3: Buy the tf2 keys necessary, and add http://steamcommunity.com/id/rashfty on steam and message him with the permalink of your order.

It comes out to 17.15$ on community market price (where maneil buys his keys from) , cheaper if you buy keys off gray market (where dunder buys his keys from).

Apologies for the noob question, never done TF2 key trades, but what are refs?

liezryou

Apologies for the noob question, never done TF2 key trades, but what are refs?

You can consider refs like a lower denomination. For trading purposes we assume 6 refs = 1 key. So if a game is 7 keys and 5 refs, you can pay 8 keys and get 1 ref back as change if you don't have any refs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
who does that?
Someone said a few days ago that they got a free game every certain number of games sold. So yeah, some people profit from that.

I'm not against that, by the way, but this is not the appropriate thread for that. I'd rather we left that stuff for the buy/sell/trade thread.

I foresee a day when talk about key trading will be relegated to a separate thread.
Morningbus for president please.

yeah I wouldn't call it popular (like buenos aires weird jewish middle class love for woody allen), but it's like one of those things, you know

do yourself a favor and watch it, it's great
I never watched any Woody Allen movie either. Guess I'm not a true Argie then :(

If I remember, I'll watch Clockwork Orange then.

Eanan

Bloody hell, dont ya hate it when there is something you really want to buy on amazon and its been out of stock since you saw it, then the minute you see its in stock and go to order it, it goes back out of stock during checkout. Been trying to get a PC game thats been heavily discounted and keep missing it. SO. DAMN. IRRITATING. I wish amazon had email stock notifications.

liezryou

LOL BULLSHIT NO PROFIT. Proof?

KOF: 7 keys 5 ref.
8 Keys = ~17.2$ on Community Market.

You are selling for 18$, which leads you to not only a 80c profit per game PLUS a ref.

For every 6 games you sell, You make a pure 4.8$ profit plus an extra 6 ref (1 tf2 key) which puts you at around 6.7$ profit.

That brings you to around 1.11$ profit per game sold. If you sold 30 games in the past week thats 33$ profit you made.

mr stroke

Anyone know if I can run all my Steam games off an external HDD? I am out of HDD space and want to buy an external HDD to move all my steam games to.

Will there be any lag or performance issues playing off an external HDD?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
No week long deals?

Courtesy of reddit:

Steam's having trouble with their news, so I gotta do it all myself... and then get spammed with orangereds.
MDK - 66% Off - $3.39
MDK 2 - 66% Off - $3.39
MDK + MDK 2 - 66% Off - $5.09
MDK 2 HD - 66% Off - $5.09
Earthworm Jim Collection (1 + 2 + 3D) - 66% Off - $6.79
Disciples II - Rise of the Elves - 75% Off - $1.62
Disciples II - Gallean's Return - 75% Off - $1.62
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - 75% Off - $4.99
Jagged Alliance 2 - Wildfire - 75% Off - $2.49
BIT.TRIP FATE - 50% Off - $4.99
BIT.TRIP FATE + Soundtrack - 50% Off - $5.99
iBomber Attack - 60% Off - $2.39
iBomber Defense - 60% Off - $1.99
iBomber Defense Pacific - 60% Off - $1.99
Sacrifice - 66% Off - $3.39
Tommy Tronic - 66% Off - $3.39
Death And The Fly - 66% Off - $3.39
Trapped Dead - 75% Off - $2.50 (4-pack available at $7.50)
Kingpin - Life of Crime - 66% Off - $3.39
Storm in a Teacup - 60% Off - $1.99

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's high time we start calling out people who use the take-a-penny tray at stores, too. Spread over a lifetime that's literally tens of free dollars.

oh god just shut up about keys and TF2 terms, we can derail this thread into much more interesting subjects
It's been a while since we talked about yerba mate.

Baha

Minding my own business playing Dota 2 when I get a friend request. I figure it's regarding a trade or something, but instead I get something much better:

EjyL1Bl.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone know if I can run all my Steam games off an external HDD? I am out of HDD space and want to buy an external HDD to move all my steam games to.

Will there be any lag or performance issues playing off an external HDD?

If the drive is USB3 it'll work okish, if it's usb 2 then don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom