• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

There is something I do not get: if I choose the currency "WMZ / Paypal" instead of keys, it is $16 (everytime, it is $2 more expensive than DH Store), so he sells cheaper for Paypal than for keys.

No, Im on my phone so I'll keep this brief. Dunders way of getting games this cheap is exploitive of the black market of keys.

First, Russian Sellers sell their games for keys because they resell those keys for profit on market. i.e A game that he could sell directly for 16$, would cost about 17.25$ in keys because of the valve cut on the market.

Secondly, keys on the black market are a whopping (including valve cut into calculations) .30c cheaper. So if you buy a game worth say 5 keys (that you got from the black market), the makes about 10$ from the sale of those keys from the market and you got those keys for 8.50$.

This essentially results in the possibility of buying games even cheaper then they are on the Russian steam store.

Salsa

eOF1lGa.png

My body is ready for some Payday.

7ss5O0K.gif

wait is it out?? or preloading?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still not getting why people are getting mad at the idea that someone'd perhaps want make a profit in the key game.

Don't want to do the work of all the trading, pay the extra dollar or couple to have it done for you. Everyone still comes out winning.
I'm not. I'm mad at the idea that someone is using the Steam discussion thread to make a profit, instead of the buy/sell/trade thread that is the right one for that.

And even if they weren't making a profit, the thread has been completely derailed anyway, so it ends up amounting to the same thing. There's a reason why Dunder never posted his deals here, and I liked it that way.

liezryou

I'm still not getting why people are getting mad at the idea that someone'd perhaps want make a profit in the key game.

Don't want to do the work of all the trading, pay the extra dollar or couple to have it done for you. Everyone still comes out winning.

You should read the post where maneil claimed he was selling at no profit out of the goodness of his heart for gaffers.

Turfster

Yo, get me a copy for me and my bro, will you? Seriously, bro.

You're doing it wrong. The bro market is already covered. Let me show you.

"Salsa, please gift me a 4 pack of payday 2. It's not for me, it's for my 23 poor children whose mother just died of explosive diarrhea after she had an affair with my half-brother who used to be my half-sister before his operation. Pretty please?"

Firehead

Note to self: this guy knows a lot. Don't try to scam him.

Hey, you look like a fun person! Wanna be Steam friends?

Oh, what's that? You have Ricochet 2 on your inventory? You know, I am the biggest fan ever of the first game, so I'm dyin to play it... Sadly, all I can give you is this cool "I gave away Ricochet 2 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" T-shirt. So, what say you? You in?

Note to self: English not broken enough. Need further practice.

Honestly, a few people from the GAF group have messaged me, asking for cards. I don't really do much with my cards, so I say "Fuck it, they can have whatever card they want for now."

Maybe karma will repay or something like that. Not like the cards will get used by me anyways, so it's all good.

Cth

*kicks self*

Salsa asks me if I want in on a 4 pack..

/misses the chance to ask him if he can get another copy for my brother

Thanks Salsa!

You're doing it wrong. The bro market is already covered. Let me show you.

"Salsa, please gift me a 4 pack of payday 2. It's not for me, it's for my 23 poor children whose mother just died of explosive diarrhea after she had an affair with my half-brother who used to be my half-sister before his operation. Pretty please?"

So what you're saying is...

"Yo bro, my bro, who's also my uncle, is dying of cranial insanatosis, and his dying wish is to rob a bank, because we don't have any money. So can you get us both a copy of Payday, so we can train in robbing stuff and shit, and then I'll pay you back once I've robbed a real bank next tuesday. That cool, bro?"

Salsa

Honestly, a few people from the GAF group have messaged me, asking for cards. I don't really do much with my cards, so I say "Fuck it, they can have whatever card they want for now."

Maybe karma will repay or something like that. Not like the cards will get used by me anyways, so it's all good.

less talk more skullgirls practice

you and your bf's gaf lovenest is gonna turn into SALSA'S HOUSE OF PAIN

liezryou

because he sells for profit or if you listen to liezryou, a shark, dunder doesn't. This is just a average trader from steamtrades. You won't find people like Dunder anywhere

You really are clueless or you just acting it. Of course Russians sell for profit why else would they resell? And Dunder does make a profit l, albeit a much smaller one then you are trying to make. He literally onl gets pennies per sale.

maneil99

You really are clueless or you just acting it. Of course Russians sell for profit why else would they resell? And Dunder does make a profit l, albeit a much smaller one then you are trying to make. He literally onl gets pennies per sale.

So you call me a shark for making no profit off a sale but rather making profits per units sold but the reference you gave, Rash, who charges the same prices as my seller is not a shark? You realize 100% of the keys I get go to my seller right, because I have to use those keys to BUY the games I am selling...

maneil99

I do have a USB3 slot. But you say USB3 is okish?

meaning an External USB3 HDD will have lag when playing games off Steam?

You need to use the USB3 HDD with a USB 3.0 slot. Speeds won't be as good as using a HDD since Sata is alot faster then a USB but it will be okay, I notice games like GTA and Stalker get stuttery on a slow HDD because they store textures and objects in a cache and need to display them quickly when spinning around.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
And Dunder does make a profit l, albeit a much smaller one then you are trying to make. He literally onl gets pennies per sale.

Who cares. Don't expect everyone to make the same mistake Dunder made and get to the point they want to jump out of a window (not my words). Some of you have become so entitled to expect a resident GAF non-profit regional pricing bypassing service that gets everyone every new release they want at cost or for a pittance higher.

I've done a lot of regional pricing help in my day (out of the kindness of my heart) and it's stressful as hell when everyone is messaging you wanting something at the same time, often thankless, gets my purchasing ability and account temporarily locked and you end up being at certain rude individuals' beck and call from then on. And that's at a much lower capacity than Dunder was running. I still help my friends if they ask but no one in their right mind is going to run something like Dunder with minuscule profit margins out of the kindness of their heart.

Prices I've seen here are fair and on par with places like tf2outpost. It should be kept in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread but seriously, take a moment to breathe and realize no one owes you a favor and you can go out, find you a regular contact and trade keys for games exactly as Dunder did if you must have those prices. If you expect a service also expect to pay a premium.

Who cares. Don't expect everyone to make the same mistake Dunder made and get to the point they want to jump out of a window (not my words). Some of you have become so entitled to expect a resident GAF non-profit regional pricing bypassing service that gets everyone every new release they want at cost or for a pittance higher.

I've done a lot of regional pricing help in my day (out of the kindness of my heart) and it's stressful as hell when everyone is messaging you wanting something at the same time, often thankless, gets my purchasing ability and account temporarily locked and you end up being at certain rude individuals' beck and call from then on. And that's at a much lower capacity than Dunder was running. I still help my friends if they ask but no one in their right mind is going to run something like Dunder with minuscule profit margins out of the kindness of their heart.

Prices I've seen here are fair and on par with places like tf2outpost. It should be kept in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread but seriously, take a moment to breathe and realize no one owes you a favor and you can go out, find you a regular contact and trade keys for games exactly as Dunder did if you must have those prices. If you expect a service also expect to pay a premium.

Thank you for your efforts both on explaining the situation and the regional pricing help.
And I think the trade is decent/safe/okay if:
  1. You pay less than you have to buy the game by yourself
  2. The seller is not giving a price a lot higher than the market value
  3. Neither side is being an ass about it

maneil99

Anyone here have issues with Metro Last light and overclocked GPU's? Even at stock ( Factory Overclocked ) my game gets driver crashes. happened on my old 680 from the logitech software but thats gone now

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yeah I think it's time people realize we had a one off awesome thing that happened but we ended up elevating him really high up to the point where his occasional nice thing he did became full on work.

I appreciate what the traders do because I don't feel like dealing with TF2 outpost and the silly keyconomy.

derExperte

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think if you bought a Russian VPS ($15-20 a month) and a Russian VOIP cell number, it'd probably be possible to actually buy from the Russian store directly without any kind of seller. I'm not entirely sure though because I'm not actually sure how you top up the QIWI Wallet which only seems to require a Russian cell number for payment purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom