• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
NO! Get away from my wallet KOF and PAC-MAN! NOOOOO!

On top of that I backed Attack on Cataclysm and Project Phoenix for the bird mount and a copy for my wife. I need to get help.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
King of Fighters XIII... go now or wait to see if GMG has better preorder deal? The impulse is strong...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I hate contributing to the discussion when I really want to see it taken to B/S/T, but one of the bigger issues I'm seeing here is that key trading is being painted as this amazing, easy process now with guides on how to do it and what not, but no ones issuing any caution or warning to those new to the scene. It's incredibly easy to lose your games if you buy from the wrong person.

If you're referring to trading with keys (TF2 keys etc.) it's safe as even if the game was purchased fraudulently and got removed from your account, you would be reimbursed the keys, effectively getting your money back.

Valve said:
What if I redeemed a game from a trade that is fraudulently purchased?

If this happens, the account where the fraud took place will be suspended. Your account will not be suspended, however the game you redeemed/unpacked to your account will be removed. We will restore the items/gifts that were associated with the trade that you performed to receive the game. If you did not trade any items/gifts for the game directly then we are not able to restore anything to your account (i.e. if the game was a gift). Please contact Steam Support if a game that you traded for is missing from your inventory or account.

neoism

iN1vf90cGI5J5.PNG

drinkbox liked my screen, maybe I should hassle them for a guacamelee key for my bro so we can play side by side

will repay them with new job

also thanks for air bucaneers lain

I surprised since you've posted a few of them its not a meme already.. :p :p

Grief.exe

So much gaming goodness today.

I started off with some Spelunky, made some good progress into the jungles.

Then I started up a few days in Papers, Please.

Then onto Natural Selection II.

iEoZCAaCJvove.gif

Tried to redeem the Pid code that I won early but it was duplicated. D:

Anyway, I was gifted Magicka Collection but I already own it. Are there anyone who already don't own it? xD

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka Collection -- MB-8AB73DBBDBFF8C35 - Taken by Gez

Turfster

I played both Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and Ether Vapor Remaster demos, and I still don't know if I want them. Do I?

For reference, they are featured in the latest Groupees bundle.

I liked CTHCC a lot, and I'd definitely get that. (Also the cards are a nice bonus that can get you the price of your game back)
Ether Vapor left me kinda cold tho (the keyboard controls are quite frankly, shit).
I'd switch to CTHCC + War of the Human Tanks if you're going for the bundle.

I played both Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and Ether Vapor Remaster demos, and I still don't know if I want them. Do I?

For reference, they are featured in the latest Groupees bundle.

I own Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and I really like it. The game is relatively simple, but it was fun to play and I liked the characters, and there is a New Game+ once you beat the game.
And it has cards

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I liked CTHCC a lot, and I'd definitely get that. (Also the cards are a nice bonus that can get you the price of your game back)
Ether Vapor left me kinda cold tho (the keyboard controls are quite frankly, shit).
I'd switch to CTHCC + War of the Human Tanks if you're going for the bundle.
I looked into WotHT a bit, and it seems to be a strategy game. I'm not a fan of those, plus it hasn't been Greenlit yet :/

I own Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and I really like it. The game is relatively simple, but it was fun to play and I liked the characters, and there is a New Game+ once you beat the game.
And it has cards
This sounds nice. Looks like I can't go wrong with this one.

EDIT: oh, and Steam Community is down, at least for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Weekly maintenance and code changes. Should be another 20 minutes or so tops.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Weekly maintenance and code changes. Should be another 20 minutes or so tops.
I can't tolerate this. Now I'll be forced to go eat dinner with my family.

FIX THIS SHIT NOW, GABE.

Or not. I'm hungry.

It looks like Dark Void has Securom but there is no DRM listed when I look it up on Enhanced Steam. Anyway jshack could fix that?
I think you're mistaking it for Dark Void Zero. That's the one that has that shitty DRM.

King of Fighters! Hell yes! Will wait to see what GMG do though.

PC fighting game collection starting to look a little better. Now give us a Dead or Alive port and do I recall Guilty Gears coming to PC as well?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like Dark Void has Securom but there is no DRM listed when I look it up on Enhanced Steam. Anyway jshack could fix that?

It's not mentioned ANYWHERE on the app page. So the short answer is no. :( Are you sure you're not thinking of Dark Void Zero?

I can't tolerate this. Now I'll be forced to go eat dinner with my family.

FIX THIS SHIT NOW, GABE.

Or not. I'm hungry.

Well, one thing I've noticed right off the bat is they've sorted the badge progress page alphanumerically.

catabarez

It's not mentioned ANYWHERE on the app page. So the short answer is no. :( Are you sure you're not thinking of Dark Void Zero?

Well, one thing I've noticed right off the bat is they've sorted the badge progress page alphanumerically.

Oh no I am positive it is Dark Void :p I launched and the Securom window popped up.

I swear this thread is going as fast as the sales threads. Though I suppose the discussions on Steam arbitrage are part of that. It makes me wonder how I can ever hope to keep up.

jshackles

Oh no I am positive it is Dark Void :p I launched and the Securom window popped up.

Hmm. Nothing I can really do there. You might put in a ticket with Steam support and let them know you were not informed of Securom before making the purchase and you'd like them to look into it.

The problem, really, is that Valve makes it the publisher's responsibility to fill that information in.

Tenrius

Could I get an articulate opinion on Inquisitor? Maybe a good review if no-one actually played it (RPS didn't do one and I'm sort of at a loss regarding where to look). Might get it with the card moneys, but there are other things that tempt me right now.

I swear this thread is going as fast as the sales threads. Though I suppose the discussions on Steam arbitrage are part of that. It makes me wonder how I can ever hope to keep up.

I feel the same way. Miss a page or two, you might miss something important. But luckily, things appear to be as slow as they can get right now.

Only other games I played in the past week on PC is FTL and Raiden Legacy. I get to play DuckTales this week, but nothing else screams "PLAY ME!" right now.

I feel the same way. Miss a page or two, you might miss something important. But luckily, things appear to be as slow as they can get right now.

Only other games I played in the past week on PC is FTL and Raiden Legacy. I get to play DuckTales this week, but nothing else screams "PLAY ME!" right now.

I think the only truly important stuff to miss is giveaways, pricing gaffes, and maybe something subtle (like Grief's reports on Batman:AC/AA & Bioshock 2). Other stuff like sales isn't as time-sensitive.

And Europa Universalis IV is the only thing I'm focused on this week... and next week... and the week after... okay maybe until October.

Dolor

From the bundle. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-B14F81C79D2154E3 - Taken by Cth

catabarez

Hmm. Nothing I can really do there. You might put in a ticket with Steam support and let them know you were not informed of Securom before making the purchase and you'd like them to look into it.

The problem, really, is that Valve makes it the publisher's responsibility to fill that information in.

I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom