• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
iERMsR7sD73Xg.PNG

mitch and his bro 4lyfe

I don't think Mitch knows how jobs work.

adaen

Nice! Time to finally unload those Airmech 2 gifts that are expired.

Same here. They were extra annoying by always being on top of my inventory list.

I guess I do the same with my Super Monday Night Combat invites, but I wonder if they will add the game permanently, granting +1 game count and 1 XP.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Man, using a PS Move nunchuk and a mouse together feels so good. I should've gotten this set up as soon as I got a PC.

Eanan

Man, using a PS Move nunchuk and a mouse together feels so good. I should've gotten this set up as soon as I got a PC.

Ive been debating over this setup; what is needed to use it? Does the move controller just connect over bluetooth and then use xpadder to map the analog stick and shoulder button? it looks very intuitive from videos ive seen.

Prices I've seen here are fair and on par with places like tf2outpost. It should be kept in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread but seriously, take a moment to breathe and realize no one owes you a favor and you can go out, find you a regular contact and trade keys for games exactly as Dunder did if you must have those prices. If you expect a service also expect to pay a premium.

I hate contributing to the discussion when I really want to see it taken to B/S/T, but one of the bigger issues I'm seeing here is that key trading is being painted as this amazing, easy process now with guides on how to do it and what not, but no ones issuing any caution or warning to those new to the scene. It's incredibly easy to lose your games if you buy from the wrong person.

deejay

Your chance to win the X-Com Collection guys :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCom Collection -- MB-972A06FD9D2CE710 - Taken by BruteUA

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for XCom Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Ive been debating over this setup; what is needed to use it? Does the move controller just connect over bluetooth and then use xpadder to map the analog stick and shoulder button? it looks very intuitive from videos ive seen.

You can connect it via bluetooth or usb. I got a bluetooth dongle to avoid having another cable to worry about. I had to install drivers from MotionInJoy, then uninstalled the program and switched to BetterDS3. I set it to emulate a 360 controller, and the only button I changed was making the PS button emulate the Start button. It was all really simple.

I paid $14.99 for a new navigation controller that was listed as used on Amazon, and $12.99 for the bluetooth dongle. There are cheaper ones available, but I wanted to go with a trusted brand.

ZeroXZee

Guys, I'm not so sure if this code works, but anyway, here it is! :)

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-C6A7EF49A8A07DBE - Taken by Megasoum

EDIT: Awesome GW, deejay! :D

derExperte

For everyone that missed the deal of the year during summer sale!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Just Cause 1 -- MB-38F63D02BE57F73C - Taken by ZeroXZee

Teleglitch looks kinda badass, watched a WTF is... and think that pretty much sold me on the game, despite Total biscuits constant whinging about the visuals. Looks like a badass combination of Doom/Quake, Robotron and a rogue-like.

That rash guy's prices are bad at all. Only a buck or two above Dunder (when using PayPal)

Talking about 007 Legends last night made me remember that I will probably never get The Walking Dead™: Survival Instinct on the cheap ether :(

derExperte

Tenrius

Your chance to win the X-Com Collection guys :)

Great stuff, thanks!

Incidentally, what exactly do you have to copy into the PM? I've always used just the key (e.g. MB-972A06FD9D2CE710), but then I again I've never won anything from ModBot, so that might be wrong and you actually need to use the whole line (e.g. XCom Collection -- MB-972A06FD9D2CE710). So what is it?

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

AirBuccaneers -- MB-7E522900C5018AAA - Taken by SalsaShark
PID -- MB-0ECEB1B5F70CFC88 - Taken by KMD
Sacraboar -- MB-C39F1764F83DC021 - Taken by fantomena

1 Sacraboar that was never claimed from the previous giveaway (nuked the key before doing this new one) and 2 left overs from the bundle stars.

Great stuff, thanks!

Incidentally, what exactly do you have to copy into the PM? I've always used just the key (e.g. MB-972A06FD9D2CE710), but then I again I've never won anything from ModBot, so that might be wrong and you actually need to use the whole line (e.g. XCom Collection -- MB-972A06FD9D2CE710). So what is it?

Both ways work.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Great stuff, thanks!

Either works

ZeroXZee

Great stuff, thanks!

I always use the whole line and always worked fine...so that's probably your problem ;D

EDIT: beaten xD

Thezez

Banned
Sorry if this is the wrong place, tried in the Steam trading thread but no dice, really would hate to waste these coupons:

66% OFF Serious Sam 3: BFE
50% off on the title Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4.
66% OFF Starvoid

If you want these, pm me or add me on steam, same username

ss_lemonade

Great stuff, thanks!

Just the key works fine for me

Salsa

iN1vf90cGI5J5.PNG

drinkbox liked my screen, maybe I should hassle them for a guacamelee key for my bro so we can play side by side

will repay them with new job

also thanks for air bucaneers lain

Tenrius

Thanks for explaining.

On a different note, I've been playing some Avadon: The Black Fortress recently and thought it was a bit inferior to Avernum: Escape from the Pit or Geneforge, but pretty well-done nevertheless. Their formula just don't seem to work all that well in a non open-world environment.

ZeroXZee

An extra game from the Bundle Stars bundle. Enjoy! :)

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Zeno Clash -- MB-A69F62B0FA7F8EC4 - Taken by Eanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom