• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, a handful of strings related to in-game purchases popped up earlier in the year:

"StoreUpdate_Loading" "Loading the Store..."
"StoreUpdate_NoGCResponse" "The Store is currently closed."
"StoreUpdate_NewPriceSheetLoaded" "The product list has been updated to the latest version."
"StoreUpdate_ContactSupport" "Please contact customer support to have your Steam wallet configured."
"StoreUpdate_OverlayRequired" "You must enable the Steam Community in-game and restart the game to use the Store."
"StoreUpdate_SteamRequired" "A connection to Steam is required to use the Store."

Storm360

Did you hate these games when they were free mods as well? I mean there are optional (mostly) aesthetic investments you could make, but the spirit is the same.

The SG553 isn't a new weapon to CS, it's been there all along. These items sound like skins and nothing more.

I'm just worried, CS is the only valve game I enjoy, and I see people not even playing tf2 matches to trade instead, I didn't mind them when they were free, but that was a different time

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those that are wondering what we're talking about now:

tTjwhzz.png

It's the same gun as is already in-game, but with a skin. It kind of looks like the majority of the Call of Duty Black Ops II DLC.

Grief.exe

My issue isn't it might be going F2P it's that Valve fucks over legacy buyers. When TF2 when F2P we got nothing much a shitty hat. Whoopty do.

I know when Gotham City Imposters when F2P WB actually gave us a ton of good shit. (too bad they never supported that game)

Very good point, game wasn't released all that long ago.

iavi

My issue isn't it might be going F2P it's that Valve fucks over legacy buyers. When TF2 when F2P we got nothing much a shitty hat. Whoopty do.

I know when Gotham City Imposters when F2P WB actually gave us a ton of good shit. (too bad they never supported that game)

your issue is my issue.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got my Duck Tales code from GMG. I'm ready!

Do you expect a refund if a game you bought goes on sale as well?

I don't even care about the price, and as for price differences yes it would be nice to have a partial refund if something you purchase goes on sale within 2 weeks or so from buying, but Stump clarified why they don't do this.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Slight difference between "sale" and "free as in beer", but I agree a refund is too much to ask for. Some bitchin exclusive skins I could hawk off for some steambucks would be good enough for me.

I don't even care about the price, and as for price differences yes it would be nice to have a partial refund if something you purchase goes on sale within 2 weeks or so from buying, but Stump clarified why they don't do this.

Valve has granted some refunds rather quickly for games that have gone on sale within a day or two of purchasing, but response time is erratic at best and you may end up not getting the refund before the sale period ends.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
You know I'm an idiot, I thought Duck tales was this. I was going to buy it blind because that's awesome, but it isn't.

jediyoshi

Your being upset of something and not actually knowing the extents to what things you were then entitled to makes me question how mad you are of the situation. Just to clarify, there isn't actually anything they'd do save a refund that'd give your approval of it going f2p?

Asking again for the new page, what's the best headset or earbud based solution that works with both the PS3 and PC? Don't want actual surround equipment until I move into an apartment, so it's the only solution given the TV speakers are garbage. Current headset was just broken by a sibling so I need one.

Eanan

Asking again for the new page, what's the best headset or earbud based solution that works with both the PS3 and PC? Don't want actual surround equipment until I move into an apartment, so it's the only solution given the TV speakers are garbage. Current headset was just broken by a sibling so I need one.

Plantronics 780s or whatever theyre called. I really like them. Nopt sure if they work with ps3 though as they are usb.

iavi

So aside from things listed under premium accounts,what are actual things that'd appease the transition?

A refund--

--would be nice, but there's no way in hell that's happening.

Realistically: Valve does enough in the marketplace side of things to make sure they can compensate those who bought it initially, without actually losing much of anything at all. Something OG players could flip for some steam monies, for example.

Cause that's the same thing.

Why not just buy a cheapo first gen Sony wireless headset?

Why not just buy a cheapo first gen Sony wireless headset?

I don't want another Sony headset until they release the next revision. My first elite starting cracking out of the blue and broke due to poor materials and my second one was starting to crack before my sibling decided to fall onto it while practicing martial arts >_>

Really want something with stellar audio quality, if that means getting a mic separately I'm fine with it. Want a variety of recommendations for something that will last a while. The problem of course is I want it to work on the PS3 and PC, so we shall see.

Giving something to every current player to sell on the market would make it worthless. Unless the 20 cents really makes or breaks your burn on the transition.

--would be nice, but there's no way in hell that's happening.

Realistically: Valve does enough in the marketplace side of things to make sure they can compensate those who bought it initially, without actually losing much of anything at all. Something OG players could flip for some steam monies, for example.

Don't be so sure lol, they will make it non-marketable like that relic from an older era hat :p. To clarify just a tad further, a refund would be cool in this case mainly because I'll hypothetically be playing CSGO less if it did indeed go f2p so I could fund other games. It has nothing to do with being cheap, hence why I bought the game in the first place.

iavi

Giving something to every current player to sell on the market would make it worthless. Unless the 20 cents really makes or breaks your burn on the transition.

Make it something worth holding on to, and it'll be something worth selling. Valve has the magic or something.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, should have ended 2 minutes ago... I think modbot edited one of the quotes, but god knows which one...

Actually it's an issue on my end.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition was won by Deliverance
Payday 2 was won by JakeD
Rising Storm Deluxe was won by Madrugador

Everything got recorded and sent out properly. I just have it set up for ModBot to search 10 pages ago through 20 pages ago for a 24 hour raffle to find the original post, and we didn't do 10 pages of posts today (at 100ppp). Still fine-tuning that figure. So anyway ModBot looked and didn't find anything. Whoopsie!

Turfster

Actually it's an issue on my end.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition was won by Deliverance
Payday 2 was won by JakeD
Rising Storm Deluxe was won by Madrugador

Everything got recorded and sent out properly. I just have it set up for ModBot to search 10 pages ago through 20 pages ago for a 24 hour raffle to find the original post, and we didn't do 10 pages of posts today (at 100ppp). Still fine-tuning that figure. So anyway ModBot looked and didn't find anything. Whoopsie!

Ah. Well, bugfixing continues, one giveaway at a time ;)
Maybe record the post number in the thread around the time the pm was made and use that range as a backup?

Nooooo, I didnt win Payday 2 :( lol

Congrats everyone!

I don't want another Sony headset until they release the next revision. My first elite starting cracking out of the blue and broke due to poor materials and my second one was starting to crack before my sibling decided to fall onto it while practicing martial arts >_>

Really want something with stellar audio quality, if that means getting a mic separately I'm fine with it. Want a variety of recommendations for something that will last a while. The problem of course is I want it to work on the PS3 and PC, so we shall see.

Ah I see. Well wanting it to work on PS3/PC and stellar audio quality will be hard to find imo. Maybe a TRITTON 720 headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom