• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Ah I see. Well wanting it to work on PS3/PC and stellar audio quality will be hard to find imo. Maybe a TRITTON 720 headset?

It works for his requirements, but...

i3jKDUlcwgHWU.png

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Mitch wants a game for a mate.

http://www.tntmagazine.com/image.php/media/content/_master/48381/images/just-waiting-for-a-mate.jpg?file=media%2Fcontent%2F_master%2F48381%2Fimages%2Fjust-waiting-for-a-mate.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It was his bro, bro. [SPOILER]I'm not Mitch[/SPOILER]

Exactly, it's nice to want but not really going to happen because the market wouldn't be there for it. They could make some untradeable flair as a status symbol for those that got into the game early, like the medals and Proof of Purchase hat in TF2, but if you just want something to sell then you're not going to get much outta it because that's what a whole lotta other people are going to do as well.

Asking again for the new page, what's the best headset or earbud based solution that works with both the PS3 and PC? Don't want actual surround equipment until I move into an apartment, so it's the only solution given the TV speakers are garbage. Current headset was just broken by a sibling so I need one.

Plantronics 780s or whatever theyre called. I really like them. Nopt sure if they work with ps3 though as they are usb.

I just ordered the 780 from the valve store but it comes with a Dota item that sells for $80+ so at least I'll make my money back albeit in Steam wallet bux.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't want another Sony headset until they release the next revision. My first elite starting cracking out of the blue and broke due to poor materials and my second one was starting to crack before my sibling decided to fall onto it while practicing martial arts >_>

Really want something with stellar audio quality, if that means getting a mic separately I'm fine with it. Want a variety of recommendations for something that will last a while. The problem of course is I want it to work on the PS3 and PC, so we shall see.

My recommendation is to get real headphones, not "gaming" headphones.

My recommendation is to get real headphones, not "gaming" headphones.

Which is fine, I don't have any 'gaming headset' allegiance but the issue is I need it to work across systems. I game just as much on consoles as I do PC(well, depending on release schedules of course) and view blu-rays/films on the PS3 or my Oppo. I don't mind spending a bit of money(although it would delay things a bit) but as this is something I'm not familiar with I appreciate and need the advice. Recommendations?

HoosTrax

How do you guys feel about twin-stick shooters (Beat Hazard, Ultratron, etc)? kbm or 360?

I feel like I'm leaning more towards kbm -- I'll sacrifice some mobility for faster and more accurate aiming. Kind of makes me want to get a Nunchuk to work on my PC though.

How do you guys feel about twin-stick shooters (Beat Hazard, Ultratron, etc)? kbm or 360?

I feel like I'm leaning more towards kbm -- I'll sacrifice some mobility for faster and more accurate aiming. Kind of makes me want to get a Nunchuk to work on my PC though.
I find myself more accurate with sticks. I don't have to figure out where my cursor is relative to my character, so I find it easier to shoot in the necessary directions when things get hectic.

qazqaNii

You don't know how angry it makes me, I hate free to play games, and refuse to play them, if it wasn't for classmates being console gamers I wouldn't touch TF2, I played during the first hour of the beta, pre purchased as soon as it was available, I feel betrayed

I feel ya bro, felt the same when I bought the Orange Box at release just to play TF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom